Easy Ways to Get rid of Acne at Home
Acne is a common problem that normally affects most adolescents and teenagers. Many people are prone to acne and pimples in their adolescent years of life. But even if it’s a natural occurrence, acne can be very unpleasant to look at and many people wouldn’t consider an acne-filled face as attractive. Can you really get rid of acne at home? Absolutely! Using natural and cheap kitchen ingredients and simple practical measures, you can easily get rid of acne at home!
So what are some of the remedies to get rid of acne at home? Here are two lists of how you can easily get rid of acne at home –
1) Using kitchen ingredients, or Natural Remedies, and;
2) Using practical measures, or Good Habits.
Get rid of acne at home using Kitchen Ingredients
Here are some great Natural Remedies straight from your kitchen to help you get rid of acne naturally at home:
How Yogurt can Help Get Rid of Acne
- Yogurt for Skin
What are the nutrients in yogurt which make it miraculously healing, hydrating and invigorating for any skin type? Yogurt for skin has been used as a beauty remedy for ages in ancient India, Egypt and
- Fiber is good for you! Eating fiber rich veggies and fruits like oranges, spinach and the like will not only stave off irritable bowel syndrome but also help you get rid of acne and also prevent acne. How? Through regulating bowel movements, fiber helps eliminate harmful and toxic body wastes from the body. These body wastes, if accumulated and have no way out of the body, end up popping up as acne breakouts on your skin.
- Take a lot of fluids. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and regularly take fluids to keep your body hydrated. Drinking water also helps regulate bowel movements and clear out toxins from the body thereby keeping acne at bay.
- Yogurt for acne. Eating yogurt can work against acne just as applying it on your face. Yogurt is a super food containing a multitude of vitamins and nutrients. It also contains good bacteria that help to fight off the bad acne-causing bacteria from within the body. Applying yogurt on your face can moisturize, soften your face and even lighten freckles and blemishes!
- The Honey Healer. Using honey is a wonderful ingredient in most face masks to get rid of acne at home. What’s so special about honey is that it is very mild and can be used on all skin types! Apply honey on face regularly to see your acne diminish like never before. Additionally, honey moisturizes skin, keeping it radiant, soft and subtle.
- Tomato Pulp. Apply tomato pulp on your face or acne areas, wait for 3-5 minutes and gently wash off. Tomato has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the red swellings on and around pimples.
Get rid of acne at home using practical measures:
When I say get rid of acne at home using practical measures, all I mean is just following good habits that will keep you acne free for a lifetime. Following these good habits will help ensure you keep acne to a minimum.
- Don’t touch your face. That’s right! Touching your face can intensify acne! Acne can be triggered by dirt and germs that most definitely cling to your hands during the course of the day. So whether it’s to brush a few tendrils of stray hair away from your face or rub an itchy spot, resist the temptation!
- Comb your hair away from your face. Your hair contains natural oils that will make your face oily and thus acne prone. Further, throughout the course of the day, your hair gathers dust, smoke particles and even bacteria that when stick onto the face, trigger acne.
- Don’t scrub your face too hard. Most people think vigorously rubbing their faces will reduce acne. But this is very wrong. In fact, this actually aggravates the acne, causing it to multiple (as you’re spreading the bacteria everywhere on your face) and even forming more acne!
- No popping pimples! I’m sure some people immediately feel like popping a bulbous and ugly pimple when they see one. But please refrain from doing that! When you pop a pimple, all the pus-filled contents are released. This causes other pimples to form on your skin if the gruesome ‘pus’ comes in direct contact with your skin. What’s worse is popping pimples also forms ugly scars!
- Over washing your face. What?! Isn’t over washing your face very hygienic and helpful in preventing acne? Sad to say, the answer is no. If you’re thinking that cleaning your face more than 10 times a day will reduce acne, then think again. Your face produces natural oils that moisturize your skin. Now if you’re cleaning and soaping your face like crazy very 15 minutes, then you’re stripping your face of the natural oils and thereby causing your face to produce more oils and more acne!
Out of all these remedies to get rid of acne at home, at least one of them won’t fail to give you good results in clearing acne. I have to say one important thing though – be consistent. Whether it’s drinking lots of water or applying yogurt on your face, if you truly want to see results, then make sure you are consistent, without quitting or feverishly working on remedies to get rid of acne at home only when you’re motivated.
You may be allergic to some of the ingredients listed above, for example, yogurt. Before applying it on your skin, be sure to use a test patch to see if it’s okay for you to continue rubbing it on a bigger portion of your skin.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me on my Facebook page so I can see you and reply ASAP.
A big thanks to freedigitalphotos.net, from where I got all the free photos that I have used in this hub. Photos edited by healthmunsta.
About the author:
Hi! I am healthmunsta and I'm a young health enthusiast with a huge passion for natural healing and natural health. If you like what I do, then please support me by sharing my work on Facebook. Thanks!
Mindy Bowes on December 02, 2015:
I'm 25 years old and after smoking for the past 10 years and being a frequent caffeine drinker DermalMD Acne Serum has made my skin look like it did when I was 18 again. I've dealt with cystic acne and some deep dark acne scars and this makes my skin smooth and radiant. Minimized my pores and evened out my skin tone drastically. I'm so happy with the whole adult care acne system they offer. Definetly worth it!
McKayla on May 24, 2015:
This helped thanks so much so many problems
France on February 19, 2015:
There is so many pros/cons, blah blah about the beetnifs and non beetnifs of fruit. When I suffered from my eating disorder I was so terrified of fruits and the sugars and carbs. Fruits provide a number of nutrients, so I don't think we need to consider them bad . I love my fruits, mostly bananas and berries. I don't think fruit makes you fat, unless you are eating mass amounts and over your calorie limit, then obviously that's more of an issue. You could say any food makes you fat then. I'm a little sensitive to fruits and it effects my skin and stomach issues, but only again, if I eat large amounts of fruits. Good luck with the change or experimentation! You never know unless you experiment with your diet!Lisa recently posted..
Bobby on February 18, 2015:
There are dozens of ways to crtaee backlinks (a clickable hyperlink) to yoursite.Here are four to get you started:(1)Directory listings. If you have a blog, go to TrafficNymphomaniac.com's Listof blog directories. All directories listed have a FREE listing alternative. (2)Article Directory Links. You can publish for free articles related to the mostimportant keywords for your Web site.In the resource box at the end of the article you can put a link to your site. It isbest to include a keyword or keyword phrase as the anchor text in that link.(3)Use social bookmarking sites to establish backlinks to your site, likeTechnorati and Digg.(4)Make comments on DoFollow blogs in your subject area. Make sureit is a meaningful contribution to the discussion, and you will attracttargeted traffic as well as gain backlinks.By the way, you can get FREE software to help you submit to articledirectories from Brad Callen.Best of luck.Robert
Maria on August 13, 2014:
To treat acne, redness or blackheads, you should use this naturally treatment guide, it's very safe and effect without pill or cream. Many people success to treat their acne by follow it. Find out more here:
aaa on April 20, 2014:
Is there any other way to get rid of acne
avinash on April 19, 2014:
its very nic
Lilli on February 21, 2014:
Thx, I'll work my way to being acne free. 2 things I think you should add is Article:
1. Bathing regularly When stressed you cause acne
2. Exercise to keep stress because you got all these
3. Get a Good Night Sleep. thoughts running
around in your head. Excising and Getting Sleep is a good and healthy way to prevent stress.
Navami on February 12, 2014:
thank you for ur help its very good to have ur suggestiions
maria on February 11, 2014:
thank for good post
healthmunsta (author) on July 24, 2013:
Thank you very much indeed.
Shadaan Alam from India on July 15, 2013:
Interesting hub on acne, yes fiber too is important to help you stay acne free as you said. but most importantly i want to say that your collection of photos is really great and the way you have edited is simply wonderful, you have miles to go here on HP. Good luck, i am learning lot from your photo editing styles