K Kiss is an expert on saree blouse designs and also passionate about it. Visit her Blog on thesareeblousedesignsdotblogspotdotcom
Saree Blouse Design Current Trends
The trend in traditional wear, saree, has changed quite a bit in recent years. Before ladies used to focus more on the saree design, embroidery, pattern and etc. rather than the blouse design. A gorgeous and heavily embellished saree could be seen worn with a simple-no-thought-behind-it-blouse and she would still be satisfied. Now the trend is quite the opposite. Designer blouses are “In” and if designer saree blouses can’t be had, then ladies are making their own designer blouse to stay in the fashion race. This article will help all the lady loves out there who will simply not be the plain Jane of a wedding party. The ladies I am writing this for will make sure they look divine in their sarees because I will help you to choose the right sari blouse for you and tell you what’s in and hot and what not to do and avoid fashion disaster.
The Rule of Thumb when it comes to Saree Blouse Designs
In all other related hubs by K Kiss, she rants on and on about why the blouse must never have opening or hook or buttons in the front if the saree is transparent. Here, all that needs to be known is that having saree blouse opening in the front with a transparent saree is just wrong and if you are a chubby girl or with heavy bust, can be the only fashion disaster you need to commit to ruin an otherwise perfect outfit.
Why a sophisticated look can be sexy but a vulgar look cannot be sophisticated
In pursuit of being the star of the evening let’s not lose sight of what we want to achieve. The line between sophisticated sexiness in a saree and looking vulgar is very thin. A woman in a wedding party would want people to admire her not look down at her. So here are the things one would want to avoid in the blouse design if she does not want to end up looking a bit trashy in her saree.
- Avoid the concave curved back helm in the blouse. This had its days but wasn’t long lived. It is very easy to make the back helm too high which absolutely ruins the blouse back;
- Reiterating: avoid front openings in blouse when wearing is with a see through saree. Especially for busty ladies as the gaps between buttons or hooks are more likely to happen;
- Avoid unmanageably deep front décolletage (neckline);
- Colourful bra with translucent or semi-transparent light coloured cotton saree blouse;
- Avoid extremely short sarie blouses. Tiny blouses are so yesterday and downright ugly;
Few tricks to look slim in saree blouse:
- If the arms are flabby avoid sleeveless. Instead opt for tightly sewn three quarter sleeves or cap sleeves.
- Remember a perfectly sewn blouse that does not dig into your body, especially arms can take pounds of the look. So request your tailor to sew the blouse according to your size, not too tight and not too lose.
- Longer sari blouses helps to look slimmer than tiny, short blouses.
- If you are broad shouldered then avoid halter neck blouses.
- If the saree is simple go for a gorgeous blouse and if the saree is gorgeous then go for a simple blouse. When both the saree and the blouse is gorgeous it tends to look gaudy and too much to the eyes.
- V Necklines are slimming.
Saree Blouse Design Tips:
General things to avoid in a saree blouse design:
- If saree is too gorgeous, it is best to avoid heavily embellished blouse. Unless it is your own wedding. Use discretion.
- Avoid three-quarter or full sleeves unless the tailor can sew it in a way that snugly hugs the arms. Otherwise the sleeves can look like crumpled up brown paper bags on the arms. It’s absolutely unflattering.
- Avoid sleeveless blouse unless your arms are shapely and provided the tailor can make properly measured holes for the arms and not two hoola-hoops in the name of arm-holes in your blouse;
Elegant Saree Blouse Looks
Sophisticated and Chic in Saree Blouse
Remember it can be more sexy and sophisticated to wear a buttoned up high neck sherwani collar or a round collar instead of a deep neckline. A tightly sewn saree blouse that fits like a second skin looks absolutely stunning especially when the neckline is high and worn with a simple chiffon or French silk saree with literally no design or pattern. Gorgeous blouses with plain semi transparent or transparent sarees look deliciously hot.
Curtained backed saree blouses are one of my favourites. They can be made of net, lace, chiffon and almost any material which is transparent or translucent in nature. It’s the type of blouse that reveals the right amount and hides the right amount. Curtained backed blouses are the right choice to make. Find below pictures of curtained back saree blouse designs for your reference.
Curtained Back Saree Blouses are "IN"
With the curtained back saree blouse, the latest trend in saree blouse fashion shows that the frontal curtain design is also very popular. Actresses and models and the public are all seen to favour this new style in sharee blouse style. In this type of blouse is made with transparent or semi-transparent materials for the entire blouse or at least the upper part of the blouse covering the part above the bust to the shoulders and arms. The lower part of the blouse, i.e. the part covering the torso (bust downwards to the helm of the blouse) has lining material or made of different thicker and non-transparent material like velvet.
Find below beautiful pictures of blouses of this new style.
Latest Designs in Saree Blouse
Buy this Cold Shoulder yellow saree Blouse here:
Colours that make sarees more elegant:
Colours like white, off-white, ash, golden, beige, navy blue and in fact any pastel colours make any saree a notch more sophisticated. So to easily achieve an elegant look in saree go for such colours.
Saree Blouse Related Articles with tips and tricks and much more:
- Party Saree Blouse Designs
Best collection of Party Saree Blouse Designs with photographs and great ideas. Comment to get free advice on sari blouse design for your exclusive look!
- Latest Saree Blouse Designs
I give free advice on Saree blouse designs in all my articles on saree blouse on hubpages. Ask about any advice in the comments section.
- Saree Blouse Designs
A comprehensive article on saree blouse designs. The various types of blouse necks and sleeves are explored with photographs to accompany them.
Nitin Patil from Surat on April 18, 2019:
firstname.lastname@example.org on August 12, 2017:
Awesome collection. How to purchase
rachid on May 24, 2015:
babita on May 23, 2015:
nice collection of sarees seen need to know from where to buy online
K Kiss (author) from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK on July 04, 2014:
thanks a lot personalized-gift for stopping by at my hub on fashionable and sophisticated saree blouse styles.
Personalized-gift from New Delhi on July 04, 2014:
wow, it is really awesome picture