Is there any difference between a moisturizer and a sleeping mask? Yes. Read our blog to know more about it.
Do you have something called ‘night time skincare routine’? Is there any difference between a moisturizer and a sleeping mask? Yes, it is important to include certain moisturizers and sleeping masks in your nighttime skincare routine. In the morning, you might feel your skin is dewy and fresh and at night, it is dull and tired. Your nighttime beauty products play an important role in restoring your skin’s lost glow. Let’s get to know these nighttime skincare saviors in detail:
The difference between sleeping masks & moisturizers
If you want to wake up to flawless, well-rested and more radiant look, you should invest in good nighttime skincare products. Sleeping masks and moisturizers are both different and also function in different ways. We have broken down some of the differences below for your clarity:
- Night moisturizers are thicker than your day creams and contain more nourishing and hydrating ingredients that keep the skin well-hydrated. On the other hand, sleeping masks are formulated for overnight use only that seals in your facial serums, creams, and oils. They keep the skin intensely hydrated and are designed to match with your skin type and address various skin concerns.
- The biggest difference between sleeping masks and moisturizers is the moisturizing creams can be used daily whereas masks are supposed to be used only twice a week.
- Night moisturizers contain ingredients like Retinol which you cannot wear during daytime and are heavy in texture. These moisturizers are more effective during nighttime and are also formulated with ingredients that help you fight off signs of aging. There are different moisturizers for oily skin as well. On the other hand, sleeping masks create a protective layer to retain water and help ingredients penetrate deeper into the skin. Sleeping masks have also been designed as per skin type. For instance, a sleeping mask with hyaluronic acid is best for oily or acne-prone skin as it doesn’t clog the pores while keeping it hydrated.
Sleeping masks are more effective than night moisturizers as they are packed with active ingredients to target specific skin concerns. While moisturizers give you a high dose of hydration, a sleep mask paired with antioxidants makes the skin more radiant and helps you get rid of specific skin concerns.
Tips for perfect nighttime skincare routine
As you all have understood the sleeping mask and moisturizer difference, it’s time to set your nighttime skincare routine in place. Daily exposure to pollution, dust and heat can take a toll on your skin. Your skin might look dull, dehydrated and saggy if you don’t follow proper skincare regime. Here are a few tips to make your nighttime skincare routine more effective:
- Eating spicy and oily food late at night and not drinking sufficient water might result in acne and pimples. Hence, have a light dinner and drink a moderate amount of water before hitting the sack. This will help you detox the body internally and you won’t wake up scaring yourself with those unsightly red bumps.
- No matter how much you are tired or had a long day at work, don’t let your skin suffer for that. Always remove all the makeup before going to bed.
- It’s important to use gentle cleanser irrespective of your skin type. Additionally, using a toner is an essential step in your nighttime skincare routine. Toner helps you remove excess oil and makeup. It is also very useful in controlling acne and balancing the pH of your skin.
- Apply a good moisturizer to keep your skin well-hydrated throughout the night. If you’ve got dry skin, try Face Serum. It's ultra-light texture keeps your skin deeply nourished and reduces any signs of dullness in an instant. A right moisturizer for oily skin would be one with hyaluronic acid as it keeps the skin moisturized without clogging pores or causing excess oil.
- The last step of your night skincare routine is to apply a sleeping mask. There are various masks in the market that you can use. Masks are designed to provide intense hydration and treat concerns like dryness, aging, or dull skin problems. Sleeping Mask keeps the skin hydrated for hours and reverses the harmful effects of UV, pollution, and smoke. Formulated with hyaluronic acid, the sleep mask infuses high doses of moisture while making the skin rejuvenated and refreshed.
- Lastly, wear a sleeping eye pad and catch up with some good sleep.
Your daytime beauty products are designed to protect your skin from factors like pollution, dust, and makeup. On the other hand, nighttime is the time when your skin goes into repairing, restoring and regenerating mode. That’s why both the sleeping masks and moisturizers are important for your skin as they mainly focus on the recovering and moisturizing of the skin.