Due to weather and health conditions, our skin is more prone to have adverse effects. A quick hydration trick by me, made me to share here.
Dehydrated skin can be a result of many consequences, be it natural or physical, example of natural dehydration of skin can be atmospheric changes like climate or weather change.Improper eating habits, lack of sleep, stress can be a result of skin dehydration due to health issues. Dehydration few months back made me try some instant remedies, which gave me a quick relief. But any other serious symptoms like skin fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, low counts in blood plasma, visit doctor, immediately.
Avoid dehydration of skin.
Avoid skin dehydration again and again
- Skin is one of the 5 senses of our body. Your skin needs exposure to nature. Example, sunlight, air, water, not fire, obviously. If your skin is not exposed it gets tanned, (sun tan is different), white patches due to sweat after the skin is covered with cloth/clothes and sometimes the regular use of clothes such as socks where the skin needs to breathe. And skin diseases also occur due to perspiration or infections due to clothes or sometimes dust. Now, my few friends, here, will also complain about sun tanning and dust allergies. But, it is obvious, as for all these reasons, we cannot keep our skin covered all the time, nor overexpose it to sunlight and dirt.
- Another, important reason of dehydration is lack of oxygen, suffocation. These can be due to stress, overuse of our body parts like working hard, carrying heavy things, climbing steps, running, climbing a mountain or a hill, talking more, eg. , tutors, teachers, telecallers, call centre executives, all can get dehydration and indirectly can get skin dehydration. So avoid talking too much. If needed, try using pauses, gaps and take regular intervals, accordingly. If breathing becomes fast and heart beat increases, let breathing become normal first. Have some water, juice, handy. Take some fresh air. If inside the room, sit below a fan or an ac or a cooler. If outside the house, like if you are a mountaineer, relax and let the breathing become normal and drink water or juice, take a time gap and then continue. Thus, skin hydration is possible from within our body and mind. Make yourself relaxed.
Various tricks, at home, besides drinking plenty of water, can ease and give relief in dydration.
Sometimes dehydration leads to weakness, uneasy breathing, alot of sweat, fatigue, dry throat, weakness, uneasiness, sometimes giddiness too. Drinking plenty of water is the main natural hydration trick.
Various hydration tricks can be as:
- Drink fruit juices, lassi, cold drinks or plain curd can also suffice dehydration from within the body and so will the skin relax.
- Eat hydrated food stuff like fruits watermelon, cucumber, bananas, cold kheer, cold milk, curd etc. Also leafy vegetables like spinach which contains 100 percent water can be consumed.
- Apply ice cubes, cucumber pieces for immediate relief.
- Sprinkle or splash water on your face or pat with a wet cloth.
- Take a bath with lukewarm water (cold water if possible).
- Avoid using soap.
- Use moisturizers or cleansers
- Use Vaseline
- Use skin cleanser
- Use skin soothing creams
- Just relax under a fan or in front of the cooler for sometime
Internal and external possibilities of skin dehydration.
As there are internal possibilities so there are external causes of skin dehydration like atmospheric change, change in weather, climatic conditions for instance sunny atmosphere, rainy season or cold season.
Our diet also takes part in skin dehydration, thus leading to an internal possibility of dehydration. Avoid stale, half cooked, oily and junk food. Sometimes dried fish or red meat can also effect the skin. Consumption of alcohol, drugs or products having caffeine in high quantity, high intake of tea and coffee, and regular use of tobacco, all these factors decrease the skin's content of water, resulting in fatigue skin which effects supple appearance. Some skin dehydration effects can also result in fever, weight loss, vomiting, low plasma levels in blood, diarrhea. In such conditions, instant hydration tricks as mentioned above should be done and also a doctor or a medical help should be seen quickly.
Keep Skin-dehydration miles away!
Amount of Water to be consumed per day.
Follow the 8×8 rule : Every individual should drink about 7-8 glasses of water, which is equal to about 2 litres of water or half a gallon water per day!
— Health Experts.
Make your skin dehydration free
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2021 Jyoti
Jyoti (author) from India on August 24, 2021:
Hi Guys, hope all are doing amazing!
I have written some home remedies to instantly hydrate your skin. These are followed by me. Need your feedback through your comments to motivate me to write more such articles. Thank you.