Richard Hale is a tattoo enthusiast who studies and researches tattoo symbolism, meanings, and history.
BIBLE QUOTE TATTOOS AND DESIGNS
When it to inspirational tattoos that inspire, look no further then Bible quote tattoos. Bible quotes, phrases, and sayings make for a great motivational tattoo. Some of us need to be reminded that we are special, loved, and blessed. You can wear this tattoo proudly and it will always be there to encourage you through difficult times. With Bible quote tattoos, the possibilities are endless! There are thousands of Bible quotes, phrases, and sayings to choose from. In this article, we will discuss why men and women choose Bible quote tattoos and we will also discuss popular Bible quote tattoos. In the end, hopefully you will find some ideas and inspiration for your next tattoo venture.
So why do men and women choose Bible quote tattoos? Truth be told, there are several reasons why men and women would choose such tattoos. At some point and time, we all look to find motivation and inspiration. You can find such an uplifting from Bible quote tattoos. Perhaps, this is a dark time in your life and your looking to start a new chapter in your life. Maybe you are a Christian or a member of another religion and your trying to find a tattoo that would be considered "appropriate". In the darkest of times, although we are aware of God, we need to be reminded of everything he has did for us. Bible quote tattoos are a permanent reminder of this. Without God, nothing is possible. Even for those who are not religious, Bible quote tattoos can inspire.
There is a lot of variety when it comes to Bible quote tattoos. There are several ways that you can make your Bible quote tattoos unique to you, other then words. There are several appropriate symbols that can be added to Bible quote tattoos. You could add a cross, angels, angel wings, Jesus, or a rosary to your Bible quote tattoo. Some men and women choose to have their Bible quotes or phrases inked on old scrolls or paper. Someone may want to have their Bible phrase tattoo designed on a rock tablet. There are many different text that you can use for your lettering. You may want to do your own research on text so you are able to see everything that is available.
You can sport your Bible quote tattoo in several locations on the body, depending on the Bible quote you choose to get inked. Since there is such a large selection to choose from, it will all depend on how many words are in your Bible quote or phrase. Some Bible quotes are just a few words, while others are a fifty words or more. Since there are so many options, you can nearly get tattooed anywhere. When it comes to Bible quote tattoos, many men and women usually sport it on the back. Another reason that the back is a popular place is because it gives you the most room. Short Bible quote and Bible phrase tattoos can be tattooed on the arms, legs, chest, sides, and the stomach. Some people feel that the chest is a great place to wear a Bible quote tattoo, particularly above the heart.
POPULAR BIBLE QUOTE TATTOOS
As you read above, there are thousands of Bible quotes, phrases, and sayings that you can choose from for a tattoo. If you have a special Bible quote that you would like to get tattooed, go for it. If you are not sure, that is ok as well. Below, you can find a list of some of the most popular Bible quotes that are used for tattoos.
- The Lord is my shepard, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflow. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
- The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
- This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalms 118:24
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
- For God do loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
- Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32
- But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
- Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4
- But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and grow not weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
- I sought the Lord and he heard me and delivered me from all my fears. Psalms 34:4
- Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth, meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8
- You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
- And without faith, it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6
- Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me. John 14:6
There are some important things you should remember before you choose to get your Bible quote tattoo or any tattoo. Make sure you take the time to do your own research. You want to make sure you fully understand what your tattoo represents and stands for. Don't rush to get inked! If you are not completely sure, don't get inked. Give it time. You don't want to sport a tattoo that you will not like later on down the road. Even with laser removal and cover ups, every tattoo can't be fixed. Take your time, do your research, and make the right choice the first time around. If you feel that Bible quote tattoos are not for you or you want to view more tattoo symbols, please follow the links belows. As always, thanks for your visit.
MORE TATTOO SYMBOLS, IDEAS, DESIGNS, AND MEANINGS
- ANCHOR TATTOOS
- ANGEL TATTOOS
- ANKLE TATTOOS
- BABY AND CHILDREN TATTOOS
- BEAR TATTOOS
- BUTTERFLY TATTOOS
- CANCER RIBBON TATTOOS
- CLOVER AND SHAMROCK TATTOOS
- CROSS AND RELIGIOUS TATTOOS
- CROWN TATTOOS
- DAISY TATTOOS
- DOVE TATTOOS
- DRAGON TATTOOS
- DRAGONFLY TATTOOS
- EAGLE TATTOOS
- FEATHER TATTOOS
- HAWAIIAN TATTOOS
- HUMMINGBIRD TATTOOS
- INDIAN FEATHER TATTOOS
- JESUS TATTOOS
- KOI TATTOOS
- LADYBUG TATTOOS
- LION TATTOOS
- MOON TATTOOS
- MUSIC TATTOOS
- PACIFIC TATTOOS
- PAW PRINT TATTOOS
- PHOENIX TATTOOS
- ROSE TATTOOS
- STAR TATTOOS
- SUN TATTOOS
- SWALLOW TATTOOS
- TREE TATTOOS
- TRIBAL TATTOOS
- TURTLE TATTOOS
- VINE TATTOOS
- WATER AND WAVE TATTOOS
- WING TATTOOS
- WOLF TATTOOS
- YIN YANG TATTOOS
- ZODIAC TATTOOS
Richard Ricky Hale (author) from West Virginia on July 31, 2012:
Thank you all for taking the time to comment. They can be painful, depends on if you are able to handle it. Some do good while others are very sensitive.
Mary Craig from New York on July 24, 2012:
While this looks amazing and you certainly did your homework, I can't imagine sitting through those tattoos! I have on small one (and my eyelids) and they were certainly enough for me!
Nicely done hub voted up and interesting.
BeyondMax from Sydney, Australia on July 24, 2012:
This is interesting and looks like a lot of work!
freeTattoos from New York on July 23, 2012:
Lettering tattoos are really cool. they look fantastic and if they are Bible quotes even better, since they have a good message. :)
Thomas Silvia from Massachusetts on July 23, 2012:
Hi my friend great hub on Bible Quote tattoos, loved all the great photos !
Vote up and more !!!
Gypsy Rose Lee from Daytona Beach, Florida on July 23, 2012:
Another great hub Ricky. Bible verses wow.
Faith Reaper from southern USA on July 22, 2012:
Wow, I never there were such. Love the Bible tattoos, but I know they would be extra painful, especially the longer ones. Cool hub. That is wise advice for one to make sure you understand what you are getting inked on your body!!! In His Love, Faith Reaper