Did you ever hear this from anyone who is 40+ age but looks young like 20? That's happened lots of times with me. I used to look at people who are looking so young, their skin is more like baby skin. I always thought about what makes their skin looks so young.
So once I saw Auntie looked so young, her skin was bright and shiny. So I decided to ask her directly that what makes her akin so smooth and shiny? She replied I use rice face packs or masks, and rice water to make my skin healthy and young. She told me that most Bollywood actresses use rice-based remedies to get youthful and radiant skin.
I don't know where she gets the knowledge of Bollywood stars beauty secrets or it was true or not but she tells me how she makes the mask and applies it. So I decided to follow her guideline and make a mask for my face and I was so happy with the results.
Afterward, I made that mask part of my beauty routine, and I was amazed by the results.
Rice water cleanser
Rice is the most common and very effective ingredient use in beauty remedies, helps to make skin brighter, enhances complexity, and makes youthful skin. Rice is used by Korean and Chinese women traditionally for over a century for youthful and glowing skin.
Rice contains anti-oxidants that are found to help postpone and slow down the appearance of wrinkles and slow the process of aging. Rice powder or rice flour is also used in particular Asian cultures to restore skin irritations and to deal with acne.
This remedy is divided into two fractions.
Fraction 1: Shea butter dark circles treatment.
Fraction 2: Anti-aging grape rice face mask.
So let's begin.
Fraction 1: Shea Butter dark circles cream
Shea butter is very good in collagen production and helps to remove wrinkles around the eye area. Rice water comprises antioxidant-rich elements namely ferulic acid, gamma oryzanol, and phytic acids. They support the skin in lightening and anti-aging.
So combining rice water with shea butter makes a good cream to deal with dark circles and wrinkle around the eye area.
The remedy is so simple and can be easily made up in the home.
Ingredients for dark circle cream
- 2 tablespoons rice
- 1/2 cup water
- Boil rice in water on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Strain the water from rice.
- Let it cool completely.
- Take shea butter and melt it.
- Mix it with rice water.
- Rest them both to cool down.
- Your dark circles remedy is ready.
- Apply it to your dark circles for 10 minutes or leave it overnight.
- Wash your face.
- You will notice a clear difference after daily use
- Please keep in mind that this cream should be used for one or two days. After two days make a new cream.
- Store in refrigerate.
Rice face serum
Fraction 2: Anti-aging grape rice face mask
Now after treating your under-eye dark circles let's move to face beauty. However, no matter what kind of face mask of rice you use for skin has anti-aging properties. But adding grapes, honey, and vitamin E to the rice you will see results more even faster and observable. This face pack helps reduce fine lines, discoloration removed, and skin getting youthful more quickly.
Things you need
- 2 tablespoons of rice.
- 1 tablespoon milk.
- 5-6 grapes.
- 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 5 drops of vitamin E.
So let's begin
This remedy is divided into two steps:
Step 1: face cleansing
Step 2: gentle exfoliating face mask
- Soak rice into the water for 2 hours or you can soak them overnight.
- Take 1 tablespoon of fermented rice water mix it with 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Apply it on clean skin and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wash face with plain water and pet it dry.
- In a grinder blend rice with water and grapes until they become tiny particles paste.
- Add honey and mix until you get your desire consistency make sure it must not too runny or neither too much thick.
- Add vitamin E mix it again.
- Apply the mask on your clean face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Once the mask is dried reapply it and leave it to dry.
- Slightly wet your face, and start massaging your face in a circular motion, until the mask is removed.
- Wash your face with cold water and apply rice water as a toner or just simply apply sunscreen.
- Repeat this process twice a week.
After washing your face you will notice that your skin becomes smooth, softer, and shiny. You will notice a youthful look if you apply this mask twice a week. Make this face mask part of your beauty routine so your skin will plump soon. Your dark circles will fade soon.
In this remedy, I used 6 ingredients and each of the ingredients has its benefit for the skin such as;
- Vitamin E.
- Shea butter.
Benefits of rice for skin
Do you know what are antioxidant?
Antioxidants reduce the oxidative stress in a molecule by lowering the effect of free radicals which are erratic molecules. Rice contains antioxidants, like inositol. There are millions of beauty product uses antioxidant in their products.
Here are some benefits of rice
- Rice face mask prevent aging and maintain a youthful look.
- The use of a rice face mask on the skin can remove acne scars, reduces hyperpigmentation, and help to prevent acne.
- Diy rice-based products help to reduce rough, and dry patches and make the skin smooth.
- Rice also has anti-inflammatory properties which make the skin brighter.
- Rice face scrub helps to remove dead cells and enhance blood flow.
- When you mix rice water with aloe vera gel it is effective for sunburn and suntan removal.
- Rice has antioxidant ferulic acid which protects the skin from free radicals.
- Rice water protects the skin, makes it brighter, and adds a youthful effect to the skin when using as a toner. You can also freeze rice water, make ice cubes it will minimize pore size and make your skin smooth and young.
What is the benefit of honey for the skin?
The benefits of using honey are as under:
- Help to reduce inflammation and helps to protect the skin from bacteria.
- It contains lots of antioxidants that help to protect the skin and reduces free radical formation.
- It helps to hydrate the skin but not make the skin oily
- It also has healing properties so the scars and discoloration will be reduced by continued usage.
What does milk do to your skin?
Milk has lots of benefits for the skin:
- It helps to reduce aging sing by boosting collagen production so the wrinkle and fine line are reduced.
- It contains vitamin D which helps to increase the elasticity of the skin.
- Milk act as a deep cleanser, help to reduce acne, remove dead cells, make skin lighter and brighter.
- We can take milk as a potent moisturizer.
Rice face mask
How grapes are good for your skin?
Grapes have the following advantages:
- It is rich in vitamin C which makes the skin brighter and lighter.
- It contains antioxidants that help to reawaken the skin.
- Grapes also help to protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation that can cause cancer.
- It also boosts collagen production which makes the skin youthful.
- It also reduces the effect of free radicals and removes wrinkles and dark spots.
What are the benefits of using vitamin E to the skin?
The benefits of using vitamin E are as under
- It helps to regenerate the cell.
- It makes the skin youthful.
- It has antioxidant which reduces the free radical production.
- It also helps to reduce inflammation.
Benefits of shea butter
Shea butter has the following benefits:
It enhances collagen production and contains antioxidants that help to suppress aging signs on the skin.
It provides great moisture to the skin.
It has anti-inflammatory properties so it helps to reduce skin irritation.
It helps to fight acne breakout.