This hub is for women of African descent who want to try new, daring looks.
These African makeup tips will give you ideas on how to stand out with a few simple beauty moves, whether they be for your eyes, lips, or hair.
Have fun with your beauty and make a statement!
Fun, Fabulous Eyes
- Wear funky eyeshadow colors when you go clubbing. Try green or hot pink. For an added statement, make them metallic or frosted colors.
- Try false lashes to make your eyes pop.
- Wear dark lipstick during the day to attract attention.
- If you have blue undertones in your skin, try purple lip gloss. Put a purple flower in your hair for a matching feminine look.
- To save money on nail treatments but still have fun with them, paint them a bold color like blue or silver. This way you can keep them short in length for convenience but still make them stand out.
Sport a Stylish Afro
- Grow your hair out. While some women still view afros as a little Bohemian, they are becoming mainstream again and workplaces are slowly getting hip to them. But who cares how anyone views them? It's natural and it's all yours to decide.
- Versatility: wear it out full, or: If you have very tightly curled hair, you can also pull an afro back into a puff. This is especially good for when the weather is hot and you can leave it up for at least a few days.
Try a New Hair Color in a Dye, Wig, or Weave
If you keep your hair black and always wanted to know what it would be like to try a new hair color:
- Try a hair color that is the same shade as your skin color or slightly darker.
- Go blonde. You can do it safely - a honey wheat color, or go all the way - platinum, for an eye-catching look.
- If you are concerned about damage, just invest in a wig. It might be expensive in the short-term, but you will prevent yourself a lot of headache and tears.
Colored Contact Lenses
- Try honey brown contacts to give you an exotic look.
- Blue contacts are especially flattering if you keep your haircolor black and you have dark skin. Try a little bit of blue eyeshadow when you wear them.
- Green eye contacts look beautiful on caramel color skin.
- Try different makeup colors for each eye contact color you wear.