A healthy skin promotes confidence. Follow these remedies to get acne-free skin.
Pimples and Acne are one of the most common skin problems faced by both men and women across all ages. They happen when the dead skin cells clog the sebaceous glands or the oil glands present on the skin leading to infection. They often affect the face, back, chest and shoulders.
There are some spot treatment remedies for pimples and acne which only use two ingredients but works wonders. Below are the 5 options from which you can choose any one according to your skin type:
- Mix pure turmeric and Aloe Vera gel and apply on the pimples. The antiseptic properties of turmeric will ensure healing of the pimples/acne but make sure to use Amba Haldi and not the turmeric which you use in your kitchen as those include food colour which will make your skin yellow. Amba haldi is pure and is beneficial for skin and beauty treatments.
- Mix aloe vera gel and 1-2 drops of tea tree essential oil. Essential oils are very concentrated and also used for aromatherapy. Tea tree essential oil is great for acne/pimple prone skin. This is my favourite remedy which I prefer whenever I get a pimple.
- Mix multani mitti (fuller's earth) and honey. Make a thick consistency and apply on your pimples/acne.
- Sandalwood powder (chandan powder) and aloe vera gel. Mix these two and make a thick paste and then apply.
- Cinnamon (dalchini) powder and honey. Mix it into a thick paste and apply.
All these are spot treatments which are to be applied only on your pimples/acne which consumes very less time and are very effective. If you want you can even apply these on your entire face. While doing any of these spot treatments, you can either apply it on your pimples/acne and wash off after 15 minutes or if possible then keep it overnight for best results.
These are natural remedies but still there might be some ingredients which might not suit your skin so always do a patch test on your skin before trying them out. And since these are natural remedies, your pimples/acne will not disappear overnight but you will definitely see improvement from the first application. Also, you always have to try these remedies after cleansing your skin.
How to do a patch test:
A patch test is done to identify any allergic reactions to any of the ingredients.Just prepare the remedy which you are going to use and apply it on a very small area of your skin where you do not have any pimples or breakouts. Keep it for 5 to 10 minutes and then wash it off. If you feel any irritation or redness on your skin during or after application, then do not use that remedy. If you have any irritation or redness you can apply Aloe Vera gel for a soothing effect.
You can use the ice cube treatment which gradually stops/reduces your pimples/acne from recurring. I have provided two methods below from which you can choose any one method you like or feel suitable.
First method is take a bowl of water and put a lot of ice cubes and dip your entire clean face for a few seconds. Repeat this for 3-4 times. Do this every morning after you wake up on a clean face. This reduces the sebum production of your skin which will prevent pimples/acne.
For the second method, you make your own pimple fighting ice cube. Take an empty ice tray and put crushed mint leaves (pudina leaves), turmeric powder (amba haldi), aloe vera gel and rose water/filtered water. Freeze it and rub this ice on your affected area.
If your problem still persists or if you have very severe problem, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist.
All suggestions and feedbacks are welcome.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Priya