5 Easy ways to treat body acne.
Are you suffering from back acne..? Don't be embarrassed because you are not alone, in fact, there are a lot of teens and even adults that suffer from this problem . In this article I'm going to share with you how to get rid of pimples. These simple, yet effective, steps slowly got rid of my acne problem completely and left me with a glowing skin. Acne is caused by blocked pores which get clogged by a plethora of reasons. But in this article we'd be talking about the most common causation - pores being blocked by dirt and sweat. You'd be surprised how far poor hygiene and non-existent skin cleansing habits go towards contributing to your problem. I know..it did with mine, because, as soon as I adopted these 5 steps, my acne started diminishing by the end of the week and by the end of next month - I was officially acne free..! I know..I know, you're all probably thinking - a month or more, jeez..that's an awfully long time. Well..yeah it is..but you didn't get into this mess over-night, did ya..? It takes time but its worth it. So, enough with the messing around, here are the 5 steps
- Wash your body with a salicylic acid based cleanser. Look for this ingredient on product labels. Remember shower daily, especially after exercising.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes as they trap sweat close to the skin and clog pores.
- Remember to remove dead skin cells from the skin surface by having a tri-weekly exfoliation regimen. Try using exfoliants that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) because these will exfoliate the skin and prevent break outs without over drying.
- An hour before going to bed, apply an acne cream containing benzoyl peroxide (BP) and let it absorb. Use one of lesser concentration of BP to avoid over drying.
- Remember to moisturize your skin regularly to avoid over drying it out and also to protect sensitive skin.
If even after a month of following these steps, you see no visible change, then perhaps its time to seek professional medical care. These 5 steps cured me of my body acne completely and their continued use ensures that I have a healthy skin with little or no blemishes or break outs.
boneclinx690 (author) from Neverland on June 22, 2012:
@ Jhonny and Beingwell : Thanks, I appreciate it ! :)
beingwell from Bangkok on June 17, 2012:
Voted up and useful. I haven't had acne problems since my adolescent age. For me, they just went away completely. Thank goodness!
Jhonny Reil on April 30, 2012:
Great hub..It is really nice to see so natural and so simple ways of treating acne.Useful tips ..Thanks a lot for sharing..:)