Neha has been writing beauty articles for many years. She is passionate about skincare and natural remedies.
Glycerin is widely used in cosmetic products because of its numerous benefits it gives to the outer layer of skin. The quality of catching and locking moisture to the skin makes it helpful to get rid of many skin problems particularly in winters. Here are discussed 5 best as well simple ways you can use glycerin at home in your daily skin care regime and get beautiful appearance.
Dry Skin Peeling and Scaling Remedy
My skin gets scaly particularly on forehead and area around nose. Glycerin is my favorite product when it comes to treat dry, peeling skin area on my face.
If you too suffers from skin peeling and scaling problem with the onset of winter or in any season then glycerin on face can help you out. Flaky, Itchy skin is a common skin problem faced by men and women both. Dry, flaky skin is more prominent on area around the nose and forehead. You can fight dryness and take care of your skin in cold days with this glycerin face pack.
- 1 teaspoon of glycerin
- 1 teaspoon of aloevera gel
Steps to follow:
- Mix both the ingredients very well
- and apply on your clean face for 15 minutes.
- Wash off your face and you will get smooth, less flaky, nourish skin.
You can take fresh aloevera pulp or aloevera gel available in market.
Many people get confuse about the frequency of applying glycerin on face.
The frequency of application of glycerin face mask depends how dry and rough is your skin. If it is less irritated you can apply twice a week. If your skin gets too dry and sensitive in winters, you can apply this mask daily on your facial skin and hands. Glycerin can also be used to cure dry patches on face.
Glycerin for Clear and Clean Face
Glycerin with few more ingredients makes a great skin bleach that can improve your skin tone and make it lighter. Consistent use of this face mask can give you clear, glowing skin. The three things you will need are:
- Rose water
Steps to follow
- Take equal quantities of these three easily available products and mix them together.
- Apply for 20 to 25 minutes and then clean your face with water.
- This makes a perfect, natural skin bleach that can fade any skin marks, pimples scars, pigmentation. If you use it consistently on your face, it will make your skin more brighter.
Glycerin for Rough and Dry hands
I tried this remedy for my rough hands many times, it is surely worth a try!
Glycerin is an excellent moisturizer and can be used to treat rough, cracked hands. Hands that look overworked, wrinkled, dull need proper care and nourishment. Glycerin and honey when combined together can make a difference.
- Few drops of Glycerin
Steps to follow
- Mix equal quantities of glycerin and honey
- Store in a glass bottle.
- Now take few drops of this lotion on your palm and rub gently on your dry hands.
- Keep massaging for 2 to 3 minutes till this hand mask penetrate in your skin.
- Leave this glycerin lotion for 15 minutes and wash off. You will get soft and smooth hands.
Homemade Conditioner for Dry, Damaged Hair
Glycerin hydrating properties can make your hair soft, silky and less frizzy. It is a humectant that attracts moisture making your hair manageable, soft and beautiful. All you need to prepare this hair mask:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
Steps to follow
- Mix very well all the three ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture along the length of your hair from root to tip.
- Sit with this mask made with glycerin for 30 minutes and then wash off your hair with a mild shampoo
You can make proportional changes in the ingredients as per your hair length. . You can apply this hair pack once a week if your hair is too damaged and brittle. Otherwise to maintain healthy hair, follow this remedy twice a month.
After using this combination of ingredients in your hair mask your hair will be silky, shiny, healthier and more beautiful.
Heal your Cracked Heels Fast
Cracked heel is a common problem in winters. Glycerin makes a very effective remedy to cure cracked heels. Large and deep cracks often cause pain and bleeding. Glycerin can help you for proper foot care.
- a pair of socks
Steps to follow:
- Wash your feet with lukewarm water
- Apply glycerin on your clean feet to fill crack
- Massage for 5 minutes so that your skin can absorb the glycerin
- Wear socks and leave it overnight
- This way glycerin will deeply penetrate in your cracked feet
- Wash off in the morning
Your feet are soft and healthy. You can get rid of cracked heel overnight with glycerin. This is a great way to prevent your heels with glycerin
Glycerin is 100 percent natural and used extensively in soaps and beauty products. It can be used at home easily for enhancing beauty, get soft, supple skin and curing many skin problems.
© 2018 Neha Sadana