Tea Pixie conducted her own experiments to create an easy sunless tanning solution.
Nothing more, nothing less.
To make an easy, simple, sunless tanning solution you will need
1/4 cup of unused ground coffee
1/4 cup of vodka
1/8 cup of sweet almond oil
If you don’t have sweet almond oil, try a super light extra virgin olive oil or an oil that you know is safe on your skin.
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup ground coffee, unused
- 1/8 cup sweet almond oil
1. Place coffee grounds and pour vodka in a small, wide mouth jar, seal it with a tight fitting lid, and let sit for 24 hours.
2. Place coffee filter inside strainer, over a measuring cup with a pour spout.
3. Pour coffee/vodka mix into coffee filter and let it drain completely, like when making pour-over coffee.
4. Add oil to strained liquid and pour into bottle with an eye-dropper lid.
5. Label your bottle with the recipe. Note: there are simple tricks for making labels using clear packing tape. I’ve tried them and they work! https://www.apieceofrainbow.com/packing-tape-image-transfer/
I shake the bottle vigorously every time, just before use. I use this tanner on my face and neck every day, let it dry, add moisturizer, then add a proper sunscreen. I don’t use it near clothing because I don’t want it to rub off on my clothes - I have not tested that, yet.
A nurse friend says, “Wear sunscreen ever single day.” She wears a tinted, moisturizing sunscreen. Done in one!,
Never pretend that a sunless tanner is a sunscreen.
If your tanner says it has spf, then you ARE wearing sunscreen.
Make Your Own Tan Colour/Color!
You could make your own colour mix with teas and coffee or just different teas!
Tips and Cautions
Can stain clothing
Be careful until stain is dry.
Just DON’T put it near your eyes
Could it affect your eyesight? Maybe. Do not use it near your eyes.
Use 2x per week
It’s a stain. It wears off. Should last at least until next shower.
Only use on your face and neck to avoid staining clothing.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Tea Pixie