Semi permanent hair strightening...why?
Now that winter is storming it’s way through our locks, hiking up the central heating does little to add shine to lack lustre frizzy hair.
So here's all you need to know about a treatment for putting the sparkle back in to your barnet. The smoothing treatment of the 12 week blow dry will moisturize even the driest hair so that it becomes as smooth as honey from the bee.
If you're looking for a quick hairstyle for a wedding check out - Easy DIY Wedding Hairstyles.
It uses an all natural plant-based keratin (some of you may have heard of Global Keratin) solution to help seal cuticles and repair hair damage. The price for the treatment is around €200, depending on the length and thickness of your hair. Whether or not you feel that this treatment is too pricey, depends on how much you are prepared to invest on your quest for getting shiny manageable locks.
The 12 week blowdry science....
- To begin the treatment of the 12 week blowdry, the hair is first washed with a specific shampoo which has been designed to open the hair follicles in order for maximum absorption of the keratin.
- Damaged cuticles are smothered with keratin which restores it back to its natural health before such things as environmental damage took hold. Keratin is the natural substance that makes up about 90% of your hair. The Keratin is applied in a similar way to that of a hair colour application.
The hair straightening process...
- You will sit with a plastic cap around your head, which will help to seal the keratin into the hair shafts and ensure that the keratin gets to work.
- Then your hair is fully blow dried and styled to the way you have chosen.
- Irons of up to 450 degrees are used to seal the keratin into your hair.
Things to check with your hairdresser...
- First of all,it is worth checking around to see if you can get the 12 week blowdry with keratin that is formaldehyde-free or if it is not formaldehyde free that it is at the safe level of 0.2 percent
- shop around as some daily deal sights even offer deals on the 12 week blowdry for half their normal price.
- Some salons offer a free wash and blowdry 3 days later, as that is how long you have to wait before you can wash your hair again after you have undergone the 12 week blowdry.
Who is this treatment suitable for?
- The 12 week blow dry is suitable for every hair type from dry to thick or coarse and brittle. Results will last up to 12 weeks, after which the treatment diffuses and washes away, leaving no line of demarcation as new hair grows in.
Take the advice of your stylist and use the after care products in order to ensure that your 12 week blow dry lasts the 12 weeks. If this hair treatment isn't exactly your cup of tea you could also plump for the increasingly popular Spanish Hair Extensionswhich, if done professionally can make you feel like a million dollars!
Some final tips...
- You should be prepared to set aside 2 hours for your treatment, in order that it is carried out at optimal conditions.
- It is worth remembering that hair dressers have trained in order to give the 12 week blowdry and it is much better to go with a trained professional than even attempting to perform it yourself with home kits.
If you take into account that the 12 week blow dry lasts for roughly 3 months then I think it is indeed worth the investment, especially when you consider how much time and money you would spend on extra products; this might be the treatment you were looking for!
Finally if using a hair straighteners remember to use a heat protecter spray and keep in mind that healthy hair should be trimmed by your hairdresser every 6-8 weeks to ensure its potential. Shine on!