Fun Activities to try today
10 Fun Activities to Try!
There are so many new and exciting activities out there that we could all try. You might be asking, why do I need to try a new activity? Because it’s fun! It’s exciting! And because you may just find something you will love and enjoy. So I have here 10 activities you should go try out. You might have already done some of these, but pick a few, or at least one, and go and do it.
Hope you have fun trying something new and exciting!
10 Fun New Activities to Try Today:
- Skimboarding – Go out and try Skimboarding. You can do this either at a beach or even in a puddle. Its tons of fun and is also good exercise. To learn more about skimboarding, like how to make your own skimboard and how to find a skimboard beach, just follow those links.
- Reading a book – Yes, many people don’t do this very often so why not give it a shot? Go find a good book and sit down for a bit.
- Play a board game with friends or family – when was the last time you had some family fun? Go find a fun board game, and there are tons out there, and get a group of people together and play. Maybe even make an all evening event!
- Ultimate Frisbee – this is a great game to play and even newcomers can catch up pretty quick. Get a few friends and toss the Frisbee around or get a large group together and play a full game. It never hurts to get outside and have some fun.
- Running or exercising – exercising is so vital to our health I had to put it on here. So go out for a run, or find some other form of exercise. The key is just to get out and move! For more tips on exercising, read How to be More Fit: 10 Fitness Tips.
- Learning a language – stimulate your brain and gain some valuable skills! You never know when you will use your new found language skills so star learning today!
- Trying new food – there are so many foods available for us today so go out and try a new dish. You can either make it, or simply find a unique restaurant. Be adventurous and outgoing! Some ideas; sushi, soba, curry just to name a few…
- Painting or some other form of art – work on your creative skills! It doesn’t matter if you aren't any good, just grab a paint brush and do some painting. It can often be very relaxing and enjoyable, and who knows, maybe you will like it!
- Go camping – experience the outdoors and spend a night in the open. Enjoy the beauty of our earth and spend some time alone.
- Volunteer – take some time to give to others. Whether it be your time, food, or money it is always good to look out for others.
I hope you will be motivated to go try something new! Remember, there are a number of benefits associated with trying something new so don’t wait, get out there and have some fun!
BONUS! 3 More Fun Activities to Try!
Just for you, here are three more fun activities you might want to try:
11. Visit a Park - Park's can be relaxing and beautiful. If you think you might need to clear you head, then take a walk in a local park. Also consider national parks if they are not too far away from you. Bring a camera along and snap pictures of anything that you want to photograph. Just enjoy the fresh air and green park.
12. Go for a Bike ride - Many people have a bike laying around, so if you don't have one, you might find a friend who does. Look up a route online, or just bike where ever you want. Look for bike paths through scenic areas and consider inviting a few friends along. A good bike ride can be relaxing, and also a good workout!
13. Start a blog - Yep, starting a blog (if you haven't done so already!) can be a lot of fun. You might be thinking, 'but I don't have any internet skills!', That's OK! With Google Blogger, you don't need any! It is incredibly easy and simple, and in a few hours you can have a full blown blog going about any topic you want! There are many blogging options besides Blogger, so don't think you have to go with that. Perhaps you might even want to write here on HubPages, after all, it's free, fun, and you can earn money from it!
Links to my other Hubs!
- Skimboarding: What It Is and How to Make Your Own Skimboard
The basics of what a Skimboarding is and how to Make a Skimboard.
- How to Be More Fit and Lose Weight: 10 Health and Fitness Tips
10 simple practical tips to help anyone lose weight and get fit.
Peter V (author) from At the Beach in Florida on October 29, 2012:
btrbell - I am glad you enjoyed reading this, I like having a good time. Thanks for your comment!
Randi Benlulu from Mesa, AZ on October 29, 2012:
Fun hub, good ideas! I look forward to reading more of your hubs!
Peter V (author) from At the Beach in Florida on August 19, 2012:
ElleBee - Wow, great idea, I might just do that! Thanks for dropping by and leaving an inspiring comment!
ElleBee on August 19, 2012:
These are great suggestions. Some of these could probably open up possibilities for additional hubs for you too :) I'd definitely read a full hub on camping, or an explanation on how exactly to play ultimate frisbee! (I'm sure the concept isn't too difficult, but it is still beyond me).
Peter V (author) from At the Beach in Florida on August 19, 2012:
Dina Blaszczak - Thanks, I like to do a variety of things as well. Thanks for your comment!
Dina Blaszczak from Poland on August 19, 2012:
Nicely put together! Curently I'm doing 6 of the listed things. I just love to entertain mysekf in different ways and I like to have a choice :)
Jersey Jess from USA on December 12, 2009:
Very interesting! I love it! Thanks for posting!
Pastor Dr Carlotta Boles from BREAKOUT MINISTRIES, INC. KC on November 14, 2009:
Thank you for the encouraging Hub!!! Blessings to you always!!! Come visit me when you get time!
coffeesnob on August 22, 2009:
It always pays to try something new. My friend and I are thinking about podcasting - even if we never do it we sure had fun and lots of laughter planning it. I think we will do it though! I agree - life is too short and we need to make it count. Thanks for the hub
Peter V (author) from At the Beach in Florida on August 12, 2009:
Hey thanks for stopping by and i am very glad this was interesting/motivating to you. Life is short - a breath of wind - so make it count! God Bless!
Gicky Soriano from California on August 11, 2009:
Great tips internpete! I'm contemplating on the possibility of painting again. Thanks for this timely reminder.
Robert E Smith from Rochester, New York on August 11, 2009:
The important thing is moving. We were not created just to sit. Sooner or later our brains just shut down. Thank you and God bless you brother.
christianesk from The Global Hamlet on August 11, 2009:
Yeah, baby! Bring it on. I'm a die hard surfer. It ain't in my Hub profile, because, like most of us, I do shedloads of things. I don't wanna seem to be a know-it-all, 'cos i ain't one. Nice hub, dude!
thefount from North Central Louisiana on August 11, 2009:
Life is too short to get caught up in mundane patterns. Thanks for this encouraging hub!