Ansley, the poster child to all things outdoors. From hikes, to clothing, to the films and photos she takes on the way, she does it all.
The Necessities for An Unforgettable Experience
Regardless of your trail to your destination, you always want to make sure you bring the right things to make it everything it should be.
- Tons of water
- Snacks (energy fuel)
- Phone (to capture photos of your quest, and for communication purposes)
- Clothing (based on the temps!) For example, in warmer weather, wear something light and breezy. While you should bundle up in the colder months to prevent getting too cold.
- Proper shoes (this could be anything from some comfy tennis shoes, to chacos, to hiking boots.
- Sunscreen (for your summer hikes!)
- Bug spray (getting out in nature means you're gonna meet a bug or two.)
- Map (or a picture of directions)
All the Right Shoes!
Research is your best friend
If there's anything I can advise newly hikers, it's really to make sure you know all there is to know about what does into exploring.
It may not be everyone's thing, but I really think it's something everyone should experience once or twice in their life to really appreciate all this earth has to offer.
Reaching new heights and destinations are used to open the minds and hearts to so many people around the world. Whether it's getting an epiphany, or retracking your life, this is one of the best ways to do it.
Every trail is different, so avoiding doing research on all that one specifically entails calls for some confusion and potential struggle.
Some hikes are more strenuous than others so it's important to try and start easy for your first ever hike! Potentially, a couple mile walks, or easy terrain should be a good start.
A View Of My Hometown
© 2022 Ansley Watts