Liam Hallam is a sports science graduate. He is also a keen cyclist as well as being a lover of the Derbyshire Dales and Peak District.
Choosing An Awesome Team Name for Your Next Mud Run
You've got your team together from work, the gym or a local boot camp and everyone wants to do Tough Mudder this year. It's the ultimate mud run for teams where everyone will play there part on race day and make it an epic adventure.
The only questions are "What's our team name for Tough Mudder?" and "Are we having team T-shirts printed?"
Are You Ready for Tough Mudder?
The Importance of a Team Name for Tough Mudder
It's foolish to think that names mean nothing. A team name can be empowering for it's members and supporters as many football teams and there fans will tell you. Cristiano Ronaldo scoring for Real Madrid and kissing the club badge shows commitment to the cause and a heightened relationship with the club which many journeymen footballers hardly have.
A team name for tough mudder or any other event therefore must have some degree of a combined meaning to it's members. Whether it's simply Barry's Boot Camp or a group of friends racing under the name St Trinity High 2004.
When you turn up at an event it's great to turn heads and get some attention and if you're having team t-shirts for the event a great team name will always stand out.
Team Debbie Does Mudder
Getting Some Inspiration For Your Team Name
Even the great Edward De Bono couldn't just come up with a creative idea that would work straight off the top of his head. He would go through various creative stages making notes. Blue sky thinking where you collectively write down lots of ideas, no matter how silly and ludicrous is often a great creative technique.
When considering ideas your team name can signify almost anything such as humor, a place you're from, a cause you're all fighting for, the company you all work for, a hobby you all share. a hero from your childhood or something completely random.
Need Some Mustaches for Your Tough Mudder Team?
Tough Mudder the Devil You Know
Awesome Team Names for Tough Mudder and Mud Runs
You've decided to entering but before filling out the website you need to think- What should you call your team for Tough Mudder? If you're looking for some Muddy inspiration here's a few ideas you could consider or that might give you some Mudspiration.
Muddy ideas are always a good play on words and can help to unite the team. Think about mud, running and the idea of being tough.
- Band of Mudders (great is you're a group of squaddies tackling Tough Mudder together)
- Dirt Up My Skirt
- Dirt Up Ya Kilt
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Mudder (Play on the dairy spread I can’t believe it’s not butter)
- On The Highway to Muddy Hell (For the ACDC fans out there)
- Dirty Mudder Funkers
- Dirty Mudder Fockers
- Dude… Where’s My Vans/ Nikes or Adidas (As they could end up stuck in a bog)
- The Dirt Digglers (Great for a group of guys if you fancy dressing in 60's attire)
- Sexy Mudder Fockers
- Sexy Mudder Funkers
- Mudder The Devil You Know (Ideal if you fancy going round the course singing Kylie songs and wearing gold hotpants)
- Mud Sweat and Beers
- Mud Sweat and Tears
- Mind Over Mudder
- How I Met Your Mudder
- Mudder of All Hangovers
- Mud Flaps (Great for a group of car enthusiasts)
- Dirty Dozen
- The Muddley Crew (Grab some wigs from the fancy dress shop and go in character)
- Mud Mud Glorious Mud
- Happy as Pigs in.
- Keep Calm- I’m a Tough Mudder (Gil Sans is the font to do this)
- The Mudarellas
- The Mudstaches (Head to the fancy dress shop for some mustaches or grow your own as part of Movember and raise more money for charity).
- Pure Mudders (Ideal for a team from the chain Pure Gym)
- LA Mudders (Great for a group from an LA Fitness Gym)
- The Muddy Virgins (If you're from Virgin Active health clubs)
- Debbie Does Mudder (Great if you have a Debbie or Deborah in your team)
- The Onesies (With accompanying matching Onesies)
- Scrambled Legs
Tough Mudder Team Name Ideas
Team Name Ideas for Spartan Race
Although Spartan Race is deemed to be a race in comparison to Tough Mudder which emphasises team building. Spartan Race is still a great opportunity to gather a team together and shout "Aroo, Aroo, Aroo". If your team is a little more competitive they may find they get a little more from Spartan Race's individual targeted nature but organisers are happy for your to race in groups.
Spartan race related team names work well if you consider Greek and Spartan inspired as well as knowing you're going to get dirty with the impending threat of burpees.
Like Tough Mudder, Spartan Race is an awesome experience as part of a team
Keep Calm- It's Only a Spartan Race!
Spartan Race Team Name Ideas
- Team Aroo
- The 300
- Leonidas' Lions
- The Spartan Warriors
- No Surrender
- I Hate Burpees
- Burpee'd Out
- Burpee'd Off
- Achilles Heels
- Dirty 30's (Named after the number of Burpees you must complete at every obstacle failure)
- Keep Calm and Spartan On
Grab a Great Team Name for Spartan Race
What to Expect From a Spartan Race- Obstacles
Savouring The Finish Line Beer
Looking for more inspiration?
- The Dirty Muddy Thirties: Loads of Awesome Spartan Race Team Name Ideas
A dirty, muddy look at some inspirational Spartan Race team name ideas
Mud Runs Are All About the Experience
When you're competing as a team it's all about the experience. Obstacle racing has a diverse and challenging nature which will push us all. Even if you can easily do ten pull ups in the gym you might still have some difficulty getting up an 8 foot wall or climbing a rope.
The all-inclusive nature of the sport means that it doesn't matter whether walking the whole course of a mud run is a challenge or you're an Olympic athlete racing for an alternative challenge. There is always something to help you push yourself further.
And if you're a little daunted by the rope climbing element the video below will hopefully give you a few pointers on technique as you don't have to be the strongest in your upper body to scale a rope climb- technique is much more important.