Yoga Wellness Educator. Certified to teach Hatha Yoga, Meditation, Pilates, Reiki. Yoga Therapy Foundations program. I love to write.
In addition to our five ordinary senses, we have senses that we could use to help us learn better, feel more, protect ourselves, and make the best use of situations.
The five ordinary senses are seeing with our eyes, hearing with our ears, tasting with our tongue, touching with our hands and skin, and smelling with our nose.
25 Additional Senses
Here are twenty-five additional senses that many of us are aware we possess. You could integrate them in your life to bring more understanding and connection to the world you live in.
- Vibratory sensing or perceiving vibration. The body part that is most sensitive to vibration are the auditory organs that can perceive vibration in the head.
- Spatial perception is understanding how objects and people move in relation to each other and to the orientation of your body.
- Sense of direction is being able to know your location and find your way.
- Sense of time is the subjective experience measured by how you perceive the duration of an event that is unfolding.
- Thermoception or temperature is appreciating the thermal energy of elements that come into direct contact with your skin such as air, water, or the ground under your feet.
- Proprioception is your body's ability to sense movement, action, and location. This sense lets you know exactly where your body parts are, and how you are positioned in space to plan your movements. For example, when you clap your hands together with your eyes closed, or write with a pencil and apply correct pressure.
- Vestibular system is the perception of your body in relation to gravity, movement, and balance, such as knowing if you are lying down or sitting up and the control of your visual gaze and posture.
- Nociception is the sensation of pain and is not associated with the sense of touch. Nociception is a combination of three senses instead of one because different receptors feel pain on the skin, joints, bones, and body organs.
- Radiation sense is sensing colors and the moods associated with colors.
- Feeling sense is sensitivity to gravity, air pressure, wind pressure, and motion.
- Chemical or hormonal sense such as pheromones and hunger for food, water, or air.
- Mental sense include mental pain or spiritual distress, and a sense of self that includes friendship, companionship, and power.
- Gut instinct is being able to read the emotions of others or sense the collective energy of a room.
- Intuition is being able to understand something right away, without conscious reasoning.
- Clairvoyance or clear seeing is being able to see visuals of the past, present or future.
- Clairaudience or clear hearing is being able to detect psychic information through the ears.
- Clairsentience or clear feeling is being able to feel emotions connected to oneself or from someone else, which can also include gut, chills, and energy.
- Clairempathy is being able to detect psychic information through your emotions, feel emotions in advance, or feel the emotions of others when they’re not near you and you’re not communicating with them.
- Clairsalience or clear smelling is being able to access psychic information through the sense of smell.
- Clairalience or psychic smelling is being able to sense your way in any situation.
- Clairgustance or clear tasting is being able to access psychic knowledge through the sense of taste.
- Claircognizance or clear knowing is being able to know a fact without having learned it from an external source and knowing it without trying.
- Clairtangency or clear touching is being able to detect psychic information through your hands.
- Remote Viewing is being able to access hidden or distant information using only the mind.
- Magic detection is being able to sense the presence of magic.
You will find people who have limited psychic experiences because it’s not necessary for the work they’re doing or the role they’re playing in the lives of others. There are others who live with psychic abilities even though they don’t believe they are a real thing.
Psychic abilities unfold at the right time. You can learn to develop them with the help of books, courses, and training with a good and trustworthy psychic teacher. Everyone possesses the faculty of intuition for instance. You can get in touch with your intuitive side and practise tuning in and trusting for better results.
Mat Auryn, popular writer and occult teacher, believes that our psychic senses are really our primary senses, and that our physical senses are simply an extension of the primary psychic senses. As spiritual beings, our psychic senses are boundless.
Meditation and relaxation are the foundation of all psychic abilities. If you want to enhance your psychic ability, then meditation is the greatest tool you could use.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Liliane Najm