Being burned by sinful behavior
Todays Readings from the One Year Bible - How good could life be? What good is there to complaining to God?
Todays readings continues with Numbers 10: 1-11:23, Mark 14: 1-21, Psalm 51: 1-19 and Proverbs 10:31-32. Today's mens focus is from Numbers 10:11:
Soon the people began to complain about their hardship. and
Numbers 11: 4 "Then the foreign rabble who were traveling with the Israelites began to crave the good things of Egypt and the people of Israel began to complain. " Oh for some meat!" they exclaimed, " We remember the fish we used to eat for free in Egypt. And we had all the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic we wanted. But now our appetites are gone. All we ever see is this manna!"
Is complaining wrong? Was this justified? From where did the Israelites come? Had they forgotten the slavery they were under? How God provided them with Freedom from Slavery and provided for their needs as they moved to the promised land. Was their life all that bad? What about your life? Is it bad enough to go back when God has provided for us?
Glorifying Sin, Is this possible?
Rob's message to us today discusses that very question asking for our honesty as we reflect on today's reading.
Men, I have a question;
- (Answer truthfully)-
How many of you glorify your sin? Below are questions to situations that might be considered glorifying sin. How would you answer the questions below?
1. Have you ever had pride for making so much money, even if it was at the expense of something or someone else?
2. Have you ever elbowed a buddy to mention how beautiful a woman was, or looked forward to getting on the computer to view porn?
3. Have you ever felt justified when you were able to win an argument, or were proven right about something?
4. Have you ever posted a picture of food, or bragged about a meal, or ate and partied so much you couldn't move?
- Each yes above 'could' be a sign of glorifying the sins of;
• Self Righteousness
These are just to name a few. There are countless examples in life.
Feel free to take a moment to share an example in the comment section
Is it possible to become numb to sin? What does the spirit say?
- I was reminded at church yesterday, that too many people today will not even feel their sin.
They will be numb to their ungodly behaviors.
Because some have been so burned, by so much of their sin, that their conscience is scarred;
They are unable to feel bad for the sin they live in -
☆ The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars,
- whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. -
• 1 Timothy 4:1-2
Men, we can not let the sins of porn, greed, lust, self righteousness, anger, pride, gluttony or any of the so many others, get to a place in our lives where we just dont feel it anymore.
• Where our consciences have been seared, to where we have no more responsive nerves to feel the need to repent, to ask forgiveness, or to turn back to HIM.
I am so glad to be among you men.
We can be here to lift each other up when we fall.
(For we will)
We sin, but we must feel a healthy guilt for disappointing Our Dad, a reaction that drives us to confess, repent, and change.
Praise God for that transformation.
We will not let ourselves glorify our past bad behaviors, rather be glad for our forgiveness, and live in the sanctification of the life God has us growing in.
I love you guys!