Andrea has a background in Myers-Briggs and Western astrology. She mostly writes about relationships.
When Gemini and Gemini Fall in Love
Gemini and Gemini are like four people in a room. One Gemini is considered to be two persons in one. It is the twin sign.
- The third sign of the zodiac is intelligent, talkative, and anxious.
- A Gemini and Gemini relationship could be full of love, hate, or fall somewhere between those two points. It depends on how these four voices compete with each other. They could either harmonize like The Beatles, or clash like the titans.
- Relationships made up of the same sign do tend to go well.
- There is a lot of vibrancy to this relationship because Gemini is dominated by spring.
In some ways, this mirror-like relationship is highly desirable for Gemini. It’s competitive, it’s silly, it’s complex, and it’s maddening.
Gemini is an air sign and hence has both the benefits and curses of having higher intelligence. Sometimes Gemini can get stuck in a good rant, an argument, or a long-drawn-out joke. It will be a balancing act for two Geminis to fall in love and stay in love, but it will definitely be worthwhile.
Gemini at a Quick Glance
May 21 to June 21
Part of Body
The nervous system, arms, shoulders
Vitality of the mind. Gemini is a forward thinker. They're a genius that's open-minded with an insatiable hunger for knowledge. Gemini is a big fan of communication.
High-level genius, talkative, idiosyncratic, social mimic, relationship-oriented, arguable, quick thinking, anxiety, creative, and light-hearted.
Anxiety, rants, imposter syndrome, jokester, trouble taking things seriously, trouble growing emotions, and extreme focus.
Gemini Loves to Play and Mirror People
Gemini is at the end of spring. It’s an excitable sign. It loves the variety that spring has to offer from colors, flowers, warmer weather, storms, and a little bit of magic.
Gemini likes to witness and test out magic, but they often write it off as formulaic or logical. Gemini is dexterous in the mind because of their power to observe, mimic, and master.
The twin sign likes to mirror people so closely that they lose their own identity. It’s important for Gemini to really know his or herself before dating, but of course, Gemini isn’t really a loner. This is a sign that thrives off companionship and seeks it out.
The danger for two Geminis is if neither really knows themselves. They mirror each other to the point of turning into a wacky funhouse. It becomes messy and convoluted. There is no fixed point. It’s all too malleable.
A Gemini needs someone who has some ground on what they’re doing. They need a partner who can bring some connective tissue to their lives. They need some routine.
Gemini has a bunch of focal points they care about but not necessarily the mechanism and drive to make the paths to those focal points. Let me put it this way: they’re a jack of all trades but necessarily organizing that into a cohesive whole isn’t really their thing.
Geminis are the lighter side of spring. They don’t have the attack-like instincts of Aries nor the hard work ethic of Taurus. Gemini prefers to explore spring and reality. They like to postulate, consider possibilities, and talk with those around them. Gemini has the time to sit and think and philosophize. They take advantage of the opportunities in spring rather than try to build up the season.
- Aries gets spring started. They move from point to point in a messy fashion. They toss around seeds.
- Taurus works hard on the ground, the fruits, and the plants. They organize the season.
- Gemini plays in spring.
Mastermind, Full of Humor, Need for Communication
Let’s put it this way to clear things up. A Gemini loves to play board games, but once the game reaches a certain tipping point that makes it really tedious and repetitive, they get bored and check out. They don’t like things that require too much stamina or personal resources, like time.
They’d rather keep things fun and light, not brooding. Gemini can school people at any board game, but they don’t want the game to get lost in the weeds.
Here’s the thing though: life constantly gets in the weeds. Gemini really needs a partner who will challenge the weeds directly and allow the Gemini to be their normal light-hearted self. Gemini does not want to push themselves too hard nor hold a grudge.
A Gemini and Gemini relationship means people will be pushed to do things they might not ordinarily want to do because their partner also doesn’t like to do those things. The good thing is that you’ll likely agree about many things and get along splendidly.
Gemini is a lot of energy, and this sign has a tendency to nose-dive back into their child self. Literally, the air sign can revert into their five-year-old frame of my mind in a single angry episode. Two Geminis on this level would be hell.
The key is individually each Gemini must learn to be a good parent to his or herself and allow certain childlike strategies or poor emotional strategies to fall to the wayside.
- This relationship will blossom by employing more emotional intelligence.
- Both Geminis need to practice vulnerability.
- This relationship gets an extra boost in communication. These two will be like constant chattering birds.
- They can both be somewhat anxious, so they need strategies to calm down.
- They’ll have to work harder about practical and not so fun things that bore them: household chores, the budget, evaluating goals, growing out of immature patterns.
All Geminis Mirror Their Partner
Gemini is an excellent sign capable of phenomenal and surprising growth. Gemini is someone who has faith in greater things but doesn’t require some prize at the end.
The twin sign doesn’t entirely feel of this world. They’re not always sure they blend well with others. This is partly what pushes them to work on their charisma, improve their communication skills, and be the most poised person in the room.
- Gemini is a sign of duality.
- Gemini feels a kind of evolution: technically, the first three signs of the zodiac are the children of Cancer who was pregnant and carried them. Aries is the firstborn intense egotistical child, Taurus is the second born who competes with Aries for attention, and Gemini is the third and strangest of all, and what makes them more complex — the child was actually children, twins!!
- Gemini — because it is the twin sign — sees how the binary world works; they also see how to break past the binary mindset.
- Geminis are drawn to symmetry. They want a partner that makes them feel symmetrical, and they won’t be satisfied outside this.
So with all this in mind, two Geminis make for a powerful couple. Both partners are sensitive and turbulent. With age, they should mature nicely together. Two Geminis at a young age could be tornado-like.
Geminis are searching for acceptance. The air sign wants someone who will help untangle their minds, who enjoys their company, who inspires more thoughts in them, and a person with a good soul.
Whether Gemini wants to admit it or not, they are suckers for people with good virtues and good reputations — it reminds them of the pretty things of gardens, you know, spring-like stuff that matches their birth sign. (They like that mysterious spring-like energy that helps revive the world.)
Gemini personalities can really excel at technology, so their homes are often full of devices, futuristic items, and modern improvements. Having two like-minded people for home decorating is a good thing. You’ll agree more than disagree.
Top Ten Tips for This Couple
- Watch your emotions. Both of you have room to grow here. If you don’t allow yourselves to mature, you could build a toxic environment. Don’t be afraid to learn more about yourself.
- Do have fun, but also make sure you prioritize chores. A Gemini house can become very chaotic if not processed. You have a tendency to be really messy.
- Don’t get too lazy or turn into homebodies. Make friends. Thinking about random things isn’t the only thing you need to do in your lifetime.
- Calm down. Don’t let your anger accelerate and then turn into an unruly beast. If you don’t process your emotions, it’ll turn into rage and chaos.
- Encourage your partner’s dreams. Don’t only focus on yourself.
- Try new hobbies and pursuits together. A happy Gemini life is one full of different experiences.
- Avoid mockery, insults, and too much sarcasm. These tactics can slowly chip away at the relationship. Geminis can be very critical. They can also joke around too much and not be serious. They can struggle to be empathetic.
- Be open to your different nuances. You are not the same two people even if you have the same sign.
- Be careful when you are both in your inner child mode. You might neglect important things. You might throw temper tantrums. This can spell disaster. BIG TIME DISASTER!
- Stay faithful. Communicate, don’t assume and then make plans without feedback. Trust and loyalty are important. You will get caught if you cheat.
Bonus tip: Give room for romance. Do make surprises happen. Keep your spontaneous ways thriving, not dormant. Also, sometimes you have to plan things and not just wait for them to suddenly happen.
Gemini on Relationships
Funny, whimsical, spontaneous, talkative, communication heavy.
Being alone, failure, not good enough, faking it, no one understands.
Technology, nature, science, math, writing, eclectic tastes.
Pros for a Relationship
Open minded, smart and can solve problems, versatile, willing to improve on shortcomings, eager to please.
Cons for a Relationship
Unprocessed emotions that lead to wild displays, struggles to be tidy, detests boring tasks, detests a lack of intelligence.
Falls in Love
When they find someone that amuses them, when they feel understood, when they're having fun.
Likes spontaneity, wants to try new things, wants to go to new places, thirst for knowledge, likes new skills.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2020 Andrea Lawrence
Mr. Happy from Toronto, Canada on February 21, 2020:
"They need some routine" - Ohh ya, I definitely need some routine. I often say that the only predictable thing about me is that I am unpredictable.
"when it gets too much, they may care less about the game and forfeit the stamina it requires to win" - If it's just a game, ya for sure. Who cares? I'm not gonna struggle for a game. On the other hand if I have to hike 16 -17 miles up and down hills in a forest, with 30 pounds on my back, I'll do it. Or, write a ten page essay. I can do that too but it's gotta be worth it. Not money wise. I'm talking about meaningfulness.
"doesn’t require some prize at the end" - Exactly.
"it reminds them of the pretty things of gardens, you know, spring like stuff that matches their birth sign" - that's pretty gay and I mean gay in its original meaning: "carefree", "cheerful", or "bright and showy". True though.
You know, I've never met a gemini of a different sex. As far as I know, there are no gemini women out there. Haha!!
Fun article. Cheers!
Andrea Lawrence (author) on February 21, 2020:
Ah! Glad to know I've written something that resonates.
Donna Rayne from Sparks, NV on February 21, 2020:
Very interesting, Andrea. My oldest daughter and her husband are both and they have been together since high school, so they just had an 18 year anniversary. Reading your article, I saw them both!