Rev. Margaret Minnicks is an ordained Bible teacher. She writes many articles that are Bible lessons.
Point of Contact: Definition
In customer service, a point of contact is the person who is in charge of a special task. However, the point of contact in this article is a little different. In biblical and theological terms, a point of contact is something a person does to release his faith. It is the first thing done to get things moving in the right direction.
According to the late Oral Roberts, a point of contact sets the time and place for the start of a miracle. It is the method used to release your faith to put your blessing into motion.
Biblical Examples of a Point of Contact
In the Bible, there are many different examples of men and women who used a point of contact to release their faith so God could work in their lives. You might be familiar with some of them.
- David had a slingshot, but it could not make Goliath fall over on his face until the young lad used it as a point of contact. (1 Samuel 17:49-51)
- Moses had a staff but it was not his point of contact until he released his faith by stretching it out and the Red Sea parted. (Exodus 14:21)
- As soon as the priests touched their feet into the Jordan River, they released their faith and the Israelites were able to walk across on dry land. (Joshua 3:15-16)
- When the woman with the issue of blood touched the hem of Jesus' garment, it became her point of contact, and she was healed after bleeding for 12 years. (Matthew 9:21)
For she said to herself, "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well." (Matthew 9:21)
God will honor any point of contact that you use to release your faith. Your point of contact is anything you do in the natural that serves as a way to release your faith in the spirit realm. The very moment you use your point of contact, you set things in motion for miracles to happen.
If you want something miraculous to happen in your life right now, then do something. Use a point of contact. Flip the switch to release your faith. Turn something on. Unlock something. Make something move.
Examples of What Could Be Your Point of Contact
We use a point of contact throughout the day every single day, but we might not consider them being points of contact.
- Flipping a switch is a point of contact for your lights to come on in your house, office or car.
- Turning a key to start the motor of your car is a point of contact.
- Using a key to lock and unlock a door is a point of contact.
- You push a button on your computer for it to turn on and off.
- You turn on a faucet to get water.
- You press a button for an elevator to go up and down.
In each of the above cases, you had to do something to start the flow of energy. In each case, what you did became your point of contact
There are many things you can do to activate your faith. However, the point of contact is such a simple truth that many people don't pay too much attention to it. You can use your own point of contact to release your faith for whatever you want to come to pass.
If you are for your ideal job you can update your resume, take some courses, or do a serious job search. You must do something. A job is not going to drop out of the sky into your lap. No matter how minute that something is, it will be your point of contact to get the ball rolling for you to achieve your desire.
If you want to learn to cook a special dish, you must do some toward that end. Search the internet and find a quick and easy recipe. Once you begin looking, you are bound to discover one that you like. If you want that delicious mean, you first must start with a point of contact.
The concept works with everything that you want to be done. First, there has to be a point of contact before the action is put into place.