I have been studying and teaching Bible doctrine for over 48 years and the shepherding teacher for home based Churches. Sola Scriptura
The Chip is a Distraction
It has almost become cultist to have the number 666 tattooed somewhere on their body; to show the world that they are bad, really bad and want you and I to know it. In our current day, it is NOT a fashion statement, though a day is coming when it will be gladly accepted by the masses and a sign you are a "believer". Sadly, it is the mark of certain death.
First things first: we need to look closely at Revelation 13:16 &17.
- Yes, everyone must receive the Mark to live and work under the new regime.
- Yes, it will be on either the forehead or hand.
- Yes, it will be a Mark - charagma5480 - engraving, impression,etch - plainly visable to the senses.
- No, it will not be a chip! The world has chip fever but the Word and our God given logic tells us something much different. Examine the picture of a chip currently in production and implanted in several test subjects; some involuntarily. You will find that each chip must be surgically implanted, have its own special internal programming as well as the server's database being updated for each new chip. Now consider that there is about 6 billion people still alive when the Antichrist comes to power. Two billion will be killed by the Antichrist and of the remaining 4 billion due to demographics and the reluctance of many to be marked, maybe one billion will actually receive the Mark. First of all, there is no way to surgically implant, program and maintain a database of this size in the time period of only 1260 days. I do not think people will wait months or years to get their marks so they can eat, drink and have a life! No, it will be something similar to getting your free flu shot. A quick stamp of some permanent skin etching chemical at your local Walmart, Walgreen's or favorite retailer. P.S. I didn't mention the problem of the manufacture of a billion, tested chips. Do not forget the condition of the physical world at this time; not very conducive to mass production of anything.
- It will be one of three different marks: a currently undefined Mark or the name of the Beast (interesting) or the number of his name. His name the world will know is neither Abaddon nor Apollyon, for the number of his name is not 666.
There Will Be A Time To Count
The Number of a Man!
Here is wisdom - sophia4678 - the knowledge of how to regulate one's relationship with God! This is not intended for the Church but for those alive during this period to read and know; it is not to discover but to prove. They are to count - psephizo5585 - to use pebbles in enumeration - to compute, reckon,calculate the number of a man (singular) that equals 666.
Hebrew and Greek are the only 2 alphabets that have numeric equivalents. Latin (Rome) uses only 6 letters: I = 1, V = 5, X = 10, L = 50, C = 100 & D = 500. If you add them all together it equals 666; a coincidence? Note: in Latin, 1000 = 2 D's, back to back but we use M which is much easier to write.
To determine the number of a name is a process called gematria - again not to discover but to prove. Gematria is the numerical value + the place value. Numerical = sum total of the value of each letter; Place = sum total of the place values; i.e. a=1,b=2....omega=24. Examples:
- Dragon = 975 = 13x3x5x5
- Tempter = 1144 = 13x11x2x2x2
- Serpent = 780 = 13x3x2x2x5
- The phrase in Revelation 12:9 "...called the devil and Satan" = 2197 = 13x13x13
- Jesus = 888
- Antichrist's name will equal 666. Approximately 1 in 10,000 names could total up to 666 which would make nearly 800,000 possibilities world-wide. Rather impossible to predict but a perfect proof at the right time.
- Romans 10:13 8 words (Greek) numerical=4459, place=490 Total=4949=7x7x101
- Romans 10:17 11 words - numerical=3276, place=420 Total=3696=7x2x2x2x2x3x11
- Romans 11:26-27 23 words - numerical=12180, place=1176 Total=13356=7x3x2x2x3x53
Please note; modern translations based on other than the textus receptus do not compute in many cases.
The Western church has become the proverbial frog being slowly boiled to death, mainly from within. We have become collectors of ear-teasing preachers and authors who actively deny the power of the Word and its infinite depth. Every one seeks what another thinks for it is easier to have someone else do the thinking for us. If the rapture of the Church should occur on a Saturday evening in America, on Sunday morning, some churches will not know the difference. To quote E.W. Bullinger (Numbers in Scripture - a very good read) "Apostasy is before us. The religion of Christ has, in the past been opposed and corrupted, but when it once comes as it has in our day, to be "burlesqued", there is nothing left but judgment.
Seek and Ye Shall Find.
666 Is Throughout History and Scripture!
Some interesting facts:
- The Assyrian empire lasted 666 years until conquered by Babylon.
- Jerusalem suffered under the yoke of Rome from the battle of Actium in 31 B.C. until Saracen's conquest in 636 A.D.; 666 years.
- Goliath - 1 Samuel 17:4-7 was 6 cubits tall and wore 6 pieces of armor and the head of his spear weighed 600 shekels and was a blasphemer of God. Per Ephesians 6, the Christian's armor has a 7th piece - prayer.
- Nebuchadnezzar's image of Daniel 3:1 - was 60 cubits by 6 cubits and was heralded by six specific instruments. The Hebrew gematria for Daniel 3:1 = 4662 = 7x666 - coincidence?
- The annual tribute received by Solomon per 1 Kings 10:14 was 666 talents of gold. Ecclesiastes 2:8,11 - "all is vanity."
- Ezra 2:13 has a poser for us. The children of Adonikam numbered 666. In Hebrew, Adonikam is composed of two words; adoni113 - Lord & kam6965 - uprising or enemy. His name literally means "lord of the enemy".
- Revelation 15:3 the phrase of "..the song of Moses.....of the Lamb" gematria = 9261 or 3x3x3x7x7x7: holiness and perfection to the 3rd power.
This exercise was not to impress you but to impress upon you that the Word of God is so amazing that we in this life have and can only scratch the surface. We will have an eternity of never understanding the true depth and breadth of our Savior and Lord.