Chika is a Christian who loves seeing Christ Glorified in every aspects of life.
Valentine's day is a day to remember the act of love exhibited by a saint known as Valentine. This man called saint Valentine is a man that knows how to show love uncompromisingly and without any discrimination. The love this saint exhibited is the kind of love that our world need. This love is seen in how he made it possible for Christian soldiers forbidden to get married to get married and how he ministered to christians that is suffering persecution under roman emipire. This man called saint Valentine on 14th February died as a result of the love he presented to those that needs it. Not only that he presented love to those that needed it he also brought love to the life of those that does not have anyone to love them genuinely. This man is not only a saint but also a martyr to the body of Christ for showing and bringing love to the life of those that needs it.
Misconceptions of Valentine's Day
For many years a lot of people has abused this day called Valentine's day and has misrepresented what it really means and what is suppose to bring to our world at large. Even those that do not believe in Jesus Christ is also celebrating Valentine's day not knowing that the man they are celebrating is a man that believed in Jesus Christ and through that he presented God's kind of love to people around him. It will be hard to understand what Valentine's day means if someone is outside the lordship of Jesus Christ because Valentine's day is about what Jesus Christ did in a man called Valentine and through the help of the holy spirit he(Valentine) made that same love available to those around him. Anyone that do not understand this will have a lot of misconceptions about Valentine's day. And some of the misconceptions that people have embraced about Valentine's day includes
1. Thinking that Valentine's day is a day to engage in sexual immortality not knowing that Valentine's day is day to show God's kind of love to those around them.
2. Thinking that Valentine's day is a day to do all kinds of evil acts not knowing that the man that they are remembering is a man who exhibited love not evil acts and at the same time died for the good he brought to people around him.
What Valentine's Day really means
This is the day in the body of Christ for remembering the act of kindness and love that a man showed to those that needs it. And this is a good remarkable day for every believer to replicate what saint Valentine has done to the people around them not a day of defilement but a day to show the world God's kind of love that they need. The first Valentine gift for anyone on this planet earth is the gospel of salvation because that is the greatest act of love that God gave to humanity. Anyone that has salvation has obtained the best Valentine gift ever given by God himself. And is only when a man has obtained this gift of love from God that he or she will be able to present love to people around him or her as saint Valentine has done. Therefore I can say that what Valentine's day really mean includes the following.
1. A day to embrace the love that God gave to humanity from the hand of those that have obtained that same love of God.
2. A day to present unconditional love to those around regardless of who they are to you and who they are not because the man we are celebrating is a man that presented unconditional love to those around him regardless of who they are.
3. A day to remember how God has loved you even in your state of sin. And by doing this you acknowledge God for His love because of His loving kindness.
4. A day that a marriage that is failing should receive life because of the introduction of God's kind of love presented by this man to people around him.
5. A day family should unite again in love.
6. A day parents should show their children how they loved them by presenting love in many different way to them. And at the same time explain to them what Valentine's day really means.
7. A day that every believer should recount the love of God upon him or her life.
If people understand what Valentine's day really mean it will help to change the perspective that people have about this day rather it will bring the true agape love that was seen in the life of saint Valentine to our world not only on the day of the celebration but as we continue to live on this planet earth.
Valentine's day is a day that represent love to many at large but with a lot of misconceptions about how this love should be communicated and the reason being that many do not understand what Valentine's day really means. But when people really understand what Valentine's day really means it will bring change to the celebration of this day.
© 2021 Chika Nwankwo