Over three decades ago I become interested in the Bible, having drank from the heavenly cup once, I have not been tired to drink more
Sheep’s Reaction to the Shepherd
If anyone has rear animals before the person would notice that animals who are close to the owner, when they do not see the owner for sometimes would not be happy, especially the person who is feeding them. Immediately the person surfaces, the animal would leap for joy for seeing its owner again. from this I will want us to view the reaction of the sheep to the shepherd.
1. The Sheep Would Leap for Joy
It unarguably certain that this sheep on seeing the shepherd because according to what Jesus says, the sheep know their shepherd and would not follow a stranger irrespective of what the stranger or strangers are using to entice the animal. It is humans that strangers can entice with monetary things and other things, those animal do not forget the past how the shepherd (owner) has been taken care of them in the past. Since they do not forget this easily they usually reject all forms of enticement and would not follow them. This sheep too having ignored all forms of enticement, in the past to stay with the shepherd, when it went missing it knows that the shepherd will soon locate it, thence he has been waiting for the arrival of the shepherd and when it sees the shepherd it leaps up for joy. The sheep was extremely happy that his shepherd has located it.
“And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.” (Joh 10:5)
A sinner who has been found out by God through Jesus always have incomparable joy within him, the kind of joy that he cannot describe to anyone on earth fill his or heart on the day of repentance and turning to Jesus.
“And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.” (Rom 5:11)
3. The Sheep Could Take A Nap
Even on the shoulder of the shepherd that the sheep is lying it could take a nap there, because of the stress it has undertaken during the process of wandering in the desert alone.
4. The Sheep’s Longing
The sheep would long to be in the company of others for it has missed greatly their companionship during the period of time it gone missing.
Jesus, Savior Of The World | Preschool Worship Song
5. Returns Home
It was taken to the midst of others by the shepherd safely. There is no place like home in the world. This the animals also know and during rain or when they met with anything dangerous they will be running home where they shall find protection from enemies.
6. Happily Rejoins Others
It happily rejoins others. Since we do not know the languages of the animals except God, it is a probability that the sheep would be telling others what it has experienced during the period it has gone missing. That is how we also do as humans, when we find our ways back to Christ or better stated when God finds us, we tell others what we have passed through when we do not know Christ and are under the afflictions of the devil.
Events at Shepherd’s Base, His Home
Having seen some things about the disposition of the sheep to what happened, I will also want us to see some things about the incidents that take place at the shepherd’s base after he successfully takes the sheep back home.
“And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.” (Luk 15:6)
1. He Called His Friends, Neighbors, Servants: On returning back home safely with the sheep, he calls his friends, neighbors, servants, family members and others to officially announce to them that he has found his missing sheep.
2. Told Them What Happened: As an heart full of joy he will try and explain to some of them if not all of them all that transpired during the process of searching for the sheep, just as David told the people at the battle front what happened when dangerous animal forcefully took one of the sheep. (1 Sam. 17:34-37)
3. Requested That They Be Happy for His Happiness: While discussing with them, he will tell them that they should be happy for his happiness. Friends are always happy for friends happiness but enemies would not be happy for the happiness of others, because along the line they have set traps on the paths of the person and it is only God who has saved the person from fallen into their traps.
“The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.” (Psa_119:110)
“For among my people are found wicked men: they lay wait, as he that setteth snares; they set a trap, they catch men.” (Jer. 5:26)
In the next article I will want us to see some of the reasons for the shepherd calling the people together.
© 2021 OLUSEGUN