It seems as though all throughout life, we are thrown many curveballs that test the very depths of our faith. Nobody ever said life would be easy but sometimes it seems like everything happens all at once.
During these times, we are left questioning why things are happening like this, what we did to deserve them, and when the seemingly downward spiral will just end already!
Truth is, we must just trust in God. Bible verses are the best place to find encouragement when the going gets tough! Perhaps it is the Almighty who is testing our faith in Him, or simply trying to help us to find a strength within ourselves that will help all lifelong.
Trust In God Bible Verses
It is a given that when we are looking to trust in God, bible verses should be where to look first! Talking to God in prayer is always soothing and recommended above all else, but reading the word of God will certainly help in those trial situations as well.
Read through the following lists of trust in God bible verses and write the ones you particularly like on index cards and keep them in your pocket! That way, when you need an instant reminder, you literally have them handy.
No matter what happens in life, even if it seems like your world has been flipped upside down, there’s always a reason why you are encountering such a situation and you must trust that He is doing it in your best interest. Throughout life, we will encounter many, many tests some which are much harder than others, and sometimes it doesn’t seem like a black and white, right or wrong kind of situation, rather choosing the lesser of the two evils and praying it’s the right choice! Here’s what the bible says about trusting in God:
- Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. (Trying to understand everything happening can cause undo stress. Trust in God, for he knows all.)
- Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
- Psalm 37:5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.
It can be hard to trust someone when it seems like all that you ever knew has been ripped up from under you, but no matter what, always remember that God will always be under you, over you, and surrounding you with His divine love!
Finding strength in the toughest of times might seem like a hard thing to do, but you don’t have to look far for strength as long as you turn to prayer and the Bible. Look for strength in Him when you feel weak, believe in him through thick and thin and He will lift you up with HIS strength! Here’s some Bible verses about strength and trusting in God.
- Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. (Sometimes it’s not about finding strength within yourself, but strength in HIM.)
- Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
- Luke 10:27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” (Sometimes the strongest of strength is simply found in love.)
When you look for strength in God, He will give you strength and peace of mind. Trust him, find strength in Him, and He will light your path to help you find your way through the muck!
Perhaps one of the hardest things for any Christian to do is to keep their faith strong through the many tests thrown at them. Always remember to trust in Him and believe that he is doing something good for you, and he will lead you out of the dark. Here’s a few verses about keeping faith!
- Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
- Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
- Mark 5:36 But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not fear, only believe.” (It’s easy to get caught up in the nonsense of the non-believers, but believe in Him no matter what and stand proud in your faith! In the meantime, pray for those who don’t believe in Him.)
- Psalm 112:7 He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.
So as long as you trust and believe in Him, you will never be led wrong! I will leave you with one more verse: Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
It’s best to make it a habit to trust in God as once you put it all in His hands, it’s out of yours and all you can do it let the stress leave you and see what unfolds. You will learn that you will feel more at peace within yourself and in situations that would usually seem very frustrating! When you give it to God, trust in him completely and you will never want to go about it any other way ever again.
Trusting God When You Don't Understand
Kurt Frazier Sr from Mobile, Al on June 27, 2018:
Thank you for sharing these. The biggest struggle I had was trusting God for the everyday things in my life. I could trust Him with the eternal salvation of my soul, but I found it difficult to trust Him with what I thought to be the small areas of my life.
1 Peter 5:7, Casting all your care upon him, for he cares for you.
P. Sachiko Kashima from San Francisco Bay Area on March 05, 2015:
Thank you for sharing God's awesomeness!
Pennington on February 27, 2015:
Excellent Hub. Our Walk with God always requires us to trust Him at all times. Thanks for putting together this Hub with encouraging Bible Verses on trust and helpful thoughts. Voted up!!!