Science Fiction or Fantasy? - Not a Chance!
This hub is the first part of three that addresses the Judgments from God that will be loosed upon the earth after the Rapture. The exact time these will begin is not known, but the Rapture will have occurred when Jesus comes and takes the believers with Him to Heaven. A certain length of time will pass and then God will pour out His Wrath on this sinful world! The Tribulation will last for 7 years and when complete, the final battle between Satan and God will take place...the Battle of Armageddon.
No sane person would want to live during this time..the unimaginable death and destruction boggles the mind. Global devastation and monumental calamaties caused by Satan fighting to the end and by the Judgments will make earth a literal, Living Hell!
Note: If God didn't want mankind to have this information because of the intensity and severity of the 21 Judgments, God would never have let them be in His Word. Since He did, it must mean the wants us to have this knowledge and use it for ourselves or to pass it on to others. For those that want the Truth, and see exactly what is going to happen with these events, you will understand how the power and magnitude these events have and the destruction that will happen to this planet and its life. These events will be the greatest in the entire history of our world and will never be seen again.
I hope you read my other hubs on God's Judgment during the
Tribulation Period. After the Seal Judgments explained here, I would then go to the Trumpet Judgments, and finish with the Bowl Judgements, That will give you the chronological
order of God's judgment upon this earth prior to the Final Battle of
Armageddon. As you will notice, each set of
judgments will increase in power, becoming increasingly horrific and destructive as we move
through the Tribulation period. The 7 Bowl Judgments, the last group are the most
severe and destructive. This is God's final attempt to get the
remaining humans on Earth to repent and accept Jesus' death at Calvary
for their sins. Unfortunately, most will not. If they accepted the Mark
of the Beast, they are doomed already. Most will hate God and blaspheme
Him more and more. Some may be saved, only God knows that. The Bowls
really unleash a lot of destruction, not only on the human population,
but the earth and the heavens too. In fact, during the entire seven years, most people will curse, blaspheme and beg for death due to the intense suffering they will endure for what will seem an eternity.
God's First Appeal After the Rapture
As I just stated, the Rapture will occur before any of the 21 Judgments are poured down upon the earth by God's angels. All believers that have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior will not have to endure the misery that is to come. Nobody knows when this huge event will occur, not even Jesus. Only the Father knows the exact date and time of Jesus' Second Coming. When the Rapture happens, the countdown to obliteration will commence. It will begin with Jesus opening the 'seal' that will begin 3 sets of 7 Judgments. Since Jesus is the only One worthy to open the scroll, this action will be done in Heaven. When Jesus opens this scroll, the Seal Judgments will start as the angels carry out their tasks as commanded by our Lord.
The Seal Judgments
. The First Seal - releases the Antichrist upon our earth. He rides a white horse and is given a crown to wear. The color white stands for the fact that he will initially rise to power on peace and diplomacy. People think he will have the answers to all of the world’s problems. He will appear to be a good guy. The crown signifies that God is allowing this man to come forth at this time to eventually rule most, if not all of the earth, for a specified period of time. His real purpose is to conquer the world and rule it. (Revelation 6:1-2)
2. The Second Seal - is still the Antichrist on a horse, but the horse’s color now changes to red. This means the Antichrist is starting to show the world his true, evil nature. This event is like the first…God is allowing this man to begin waging war and destroying peace. This is worldwide war, not just a few countries. When war starts, people will start killing each other. He has a sword which means he can go out to start wars and kill people in order to force them under his rule. (Revelation 6: 3-4)
3. The Third Seal – is the Antichrist once again on a horse, but the color changes to black. This refers to the effects of war (famine, disease). Food will be scarce and people will have to work an entire day to just barely survive. It will be the bare minimum. Additionally, the rich and affluent will still have their riches, while others will go to almost slave-like conditions. Antichrist has a pair of scales instead of a sword this time which suggests he will have power and authority to tip the scales to his benefit. Living conditions will be deplorable worldwide when the Antichrist is able to move the scales. (Revelation 6:5-6)
Once again, Jesus is the One who opens up this next seal. In this seal, the horse of the Antichrist will now change from fiery red to black. As a result of the wars and the killing that starts to occur when the second seal is opened up, the color black represents the results of what wars start – and that is famine, disease and food shortages.
4. The Fourth Seal – starts things to from bad to worse. Antichrist’s horse now changes to some pale color. This color stands for death! He is allowed to go on a killing rampage that lets him kill ¼ of the world population by sword, hunger, death, and beasts of the earth. The Antichrist will arrange and manipulate these events in order to kill this many people. Hades (hell) is mentioned that follows death. This name tells of the place nonbelievers go when they die.
Note: Nonbelievers do not go to the Lake of Fire and Brimstone until after the 1000 year reign of Christ. Hades (Hell) is their temporary place of torment until that event happens. This implies that the people being killed in this judgment are nonbelievers, not Christians. Many of the Christians that get saved after the Rapture are going to be martyred, but God seems to be keeping these Tribulation Saints deaths separate from the deaths talked about in this seal judgment.
So, you will have most of the Christians who are saved after the Rapture getting killed by the Antichrist, along with one fourth of the rest of the nonbelievers also getting killed due to the wars and bloodshed that will be caused by this man and some of the other kings of the earth.
This will be a mass killing of humans on a scale that the world has never seen before! Almost total annihilation of the human race is beginning in this one act. This will be a world holocaust, not just a Christian-Jewish holocaust! (Revelation 6:7-8)
5. The Fifth Seal- is different from the others. Christians are now under heavy persecution, along with ¼ of the nonbelievers. This judgment deals with the cries of the martyrs who are now in Heaven with God. They are crying out to God asking when he is going to end the bloodshed and persecution and avenge their deaths! God tells them they have to wait a little while until the number of their brothers are killed and martyred as they were. So, God has literally given a set number of days. The entire Tribulation takes 7 full years. God isn’t going to move until the events are fully concluded by the days prophesied in Scripture. For God to allow this event with the martyrs crying out for Him to do something shows how bad the persecution is going to be. It also may hint that those of us in Heaven from the Rapture may be able to witness all of this unfold from Heaven. If so, it means God wants this lesson to never be forgotten! (Romans 6:9-11)
Note: I truly believe all the atheists and unbelievers who are alive during this horrible time are going to wish they had never been born…I know I would! When they see what happens when Christ takes His people out of the world, there is no restraint for evil! Talk about the School of Hard Knocks! Also, all of this destruction is going to show them that the Antichrist cannot solve the problems of this world, only God does.
6. The Sixth Seal – has God getting into the fray…taking direct action Himself. God has seen and allowed all the killing that has been going on and drops a huge bomb on the earth. A massive earthquake strikes that EVERY mountain AND Island is moved out of its original place! When people see this happen, people will know that it is God because of the magnitude of it. All the mighty and powerful men will hide from God, fearing that God is going to get them next! They will realize that God’s Wrath has just been released against them for all their evil. It will be like a warning shot and that God is coming soon to avenge the deaths of the Christians and Jews who have been martyred.
Even after all this, people will defy, curse, and blaspheme God and will refuse to repent. How foolish and stupid…the ultimate in pride and arrogance. Unbelievable!!!! They WILL spend eternity in the Lake of Fire, suffering pain and torment forever! Now it that isn’t dumb, I don’t know what is! God has done EVERYTHING he could to get these people to repent. All the Judgments up to this point were done to give them ONE MORE CHANCE! (Revelation 6:12-17)
The sun and moon will also turn color telling people that He will be taking vengeance on all the evil people that are on earth. God is really mad and the people are going to pay for it! When Jesus comes back to fight the Battle of Armageddon, God will spilling their blood literally. Jesus will dissolve the Antichrist’s forces flesh where they stand, dissolve their eyes right out of their sockets, and their tongues will just dissolve out of their mouths. Brutal punishment indeed, but God’s wrath is so great against these people that caused previously. Party over folks! God is slow to anger, but the evil done in this time will cause Him to release His full anger that the world has never or will ever see again.
We know of the Flood during the time of Noah and the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah for the evil in the world, but His wrath this time will most likely be even greater! To get God this angry shows how evil people have become since the Rapture, less than 7 years!
7. The Seventh Seal- is another direct action from God. It is the prelude that leads up to the next, harsher Judgments, the 7 Trumpet Judgments. This will chill you to the bone. The Bible says that there is absolute, total silence in Heaven for 30 mins. It ends when an angel, throwing a censer (bowl) filled with fire, hurls it to the earth. The earth is then hit by thunderings, lightnings, and another massive earthquake. Now 7 angels prepare to begin the Trumpet Judgments. (Revelation 8:1-6)
God is now preparing to really cut loose with some heavy-duty action. The Seal Judgments were just a warm-up! But unbelievable as it is, the people will still defy and curse God, not all, but most. These people have no intelligence at all!
Next are the 7 Trumpet Judgments...God really cranks up the heat now. Please see my other hub on this set of Judgments!
Link to see videos and hear the reading of God's Word!
- Videos on the Book of Revelation
A Great link to more videos produced about Revelations and the events that will be taking place during the Tribulation Period. I encourage you to visit this site and listen to these videos and the reading of God's Holy Word!
Knightheart (author) from MIssouri, USA on May 27, 2011:
Dave: I am glad you appreciate these hubs. I enjoyed doing them and learning more. That is what is so awesome about God's Work. I have read Revelation many times and everytime I learn something new. Even putting all of this information together, I was learning something that had confused me in the past, etc. What a treasure we have in the Bible! God Bless you brother and look forward to being with our Savior and all the saints! What a reunion!!!
Dave Mathews from NORTH YORK,ONTARIO,CANADA on May 27, 2011:
Knightheart: I do appreciate your explanation of the (7)seven seals, unleashing the furies of heaven upon the remaining 2/3's of the human population, after the Rapture.
I know I will be at the side of Jesus to observe all of this unfolding.
Knightheart (author) from MIssouri, USA on May 24, 2011:
Wow, you are sure fast...hard to keep up with you! LOL Thanks again!
stars439 from Louisiana, The Magnolia and Pelican State. on May 24, 2011:
Outstanding Work. God Bless You.
Knightheart (author) from MIssouri, USA on May 22, 2011:
After reading all of the Judgments, God still is patient and tries to get people to repent. As angry as He is as He pours out these 21 Judgments, His ear is open for any that will turn to Him. Even up to the Battle of Armageddon, He still gives the unbelievers an opportunity to avoid Hell, but Heaven's Gates will be closed if they don't become saved during this last Battle. How anyone can doubt God after all the tragedy of 7 years is beyond my comprehension!
Deidre Shelden from Texas, USA on May 22, 2011:
Yes, so amazing how God keeps the door open for as long as possible :)
Knightheart (author) from MIssouri, USA on May 22, 2011:
Thank you for stopping by and your comments. Revelation is a complicated book and isn't easy to interpret, especially so much symbolism. I can't imagine how John managed to record all of this is such detailed. Just trying to describe modern day weaponry and technology must have really been almost impossible. Trying to explain tanks, helicopters, bombs and missiles would have made me nuts. The judgments are tough to follow and imagine happening globally...sure is scary!
Yep, God is warning not only Israel but everyone else to repent. Even though God is pouring out his Wrath and is very angry, He still keeps that door open, and will save those that come to there senses.
Deidre Shelden from Texas, USA on May 21, 2011:
Good clear explanation of the 7-seal judgments. I've been pondering lately on how the 4 horses of Rev 6 relate to the first part of Joel chapter 2 and the war horses. God is certainly looking for Israel to repent, as in Joel 2:12-17. He sure wants as many to repent as possible. Good hub!