Kurt has earned an Associate in Biblical Studies Degree and is currently studying for a bachelor's degree in Christian Education.
Something to Think About
If we are honest with ourselves, there are times when our spiritual life needs a boost. There are many reasons for this situation. Three possibilities come to mind as I ponder this condition.
- The world around us can deplete our spiritual energy. - Do not focus on the negatives around you.
- Thoughts of our past can be detrimental to our spiritual life. If God has forgiven you of past sins, forgive yourself and move on with your life.
- Fears about the future can rob us of peace in our spiritual life. Remember this; God will provide for you.
My friend, God desires for us to be joyful, peaceful, and looking forward to our future. I have learned that I cannot accomplish this level of contentment on my own, I must seek the Lord's help in fulfilling these goals.
Thinking on Things
We All Need Help
Three Spiritual Life Boosters
Spiritual Booster #1 - Study the Word of God
First, let me say this, there is a difference between a study of the Bible and just reading the Bible.
Shouldn't a believer in Jesus Christ do both?
Yes, do both. Reading the Bible will give you a basic knowledge of that portion of Scripture that is in front of you. An in-depth study will bring a greater understanding of what you are reading. A study of a passage in the Bible will allow the student to see where the situation is taking place. You will discover who is involved in what is going on and if the outcome can apply to your life.
The Psalmist's Prayer
(Psalms 119:18) Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. (KJV)
Tips for Bible Study
- Pray before you begin your study. Make it a habit to ask the Lord for guidance through His Word. Ask God to reveal the truth to you as you study.
- Use a concordance or a study Bible as you study. I use the KJV Thompson Chain Reference Bible in print and the Power Bible on my computer.
- Find a quiet place and time for study.
- Have a daily time set aside for study. I try to do mine in the mornings before heading out to work and use a few moments as I break throughout the day for Bible reading.
- Listen to an audio Bible. I listen to Alexander Scourby on YouTube.
The Thompson Chain Reference Bible
Bible Study Schedule
Hear no Evil, See no Evil, Speak no Evil
Spiritual Booster #2 - Listen to God's Voice
I have discovered that what a person listens to will direct their actions. When a student listens to their teacher they will complete the assigned work. When a child listens to their parents they will do what is required by those that love them and are looking out for their best interests. In the same way, when those that call themselves by the name of the Savior listen to the voice of God, they also will reap the benefits of obedience.
Listen then Obey
(Proverbs 8:32-34) Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. (KJV)
Obedience Brings Benefits
- (Acts 16:30-31) And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (KJV)
- (Joshua 1:8) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. (KJV)
- (Genesis 6:22) Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he. (KJV)
- (Genesis 7:23) And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark. (KJV)
It is clear from these passages of Scripture that obedience brought eternal life, blessings and physical life.
The Next Step
Spiritual Booster #3 - Forget What is Behind You
Sometimes forgetting is easy. I forget where I lay down my truck keys, my cell phone, my wallet. I have even made this statement: "If my head were not attached, I would forget where that was." You too? I thought so.
(Philippians 3:13-14) Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (KJV)
The Apostle Paul is proclaiming that he will forget his sinful past so that the adversary the devil could not use his past actions to keep him from going forward for Christ. That was not to the point of forgetting that he was a sinner, for he even calls himself in one insrtance the "chief of sinners."
(1 Timothy 1:15) This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. (KJV)
I understand that I myself am a sinner, a sinner saved by the grace of God, who at one point before salvation I realized that I deserved to die, to be separated from God for all eternity in that place called Hell. But, because of the death, burial, and the ressurrection of Jesus Christ, I was redeemed and given the gift of eternal life.
I have been forgiven of my sin, and therefore God will not hold me guilty. I cannot allow Satan to hold me back as he reminds me of my past. This will only weaken me as a witness for Jesus Christ.
Nothing Can Separate us from the Love of God
(Romans 8:35) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? (KJV)
The Passion of Jesus Christ
The Gospel of Jesus Christ
(1 Corinthians 15:1-4) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (KJV)
Where Did I Find the Stuff?
Free pictures and more
Scripture - All Scripture is from the King James Bible
The Question of Eternity
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Kurt Frazier Sr