Andrea has a background in Myers-Briggs and Western astrology. She mostly writes about relationships.
So You Like a Sagittarius...
Sagittarius makes things more difficult than need be when it comes to romance.
The mutable fire sign has commitment issues; they're not the serious type. They're focused on fun. They switch gears often. They can be hard to read.
Sagittarius loves to flirt, they love aesthetics, shiny things, and quaint cozy places. They’re on a quest for thrills. They’re like a wild horse racing in an open field.
Sagittarius makes an excellent partner for Aquarius who is also intelligent and somewhat difficult to unmask. They get each other because they're both aloof.
How to Tell a Sagittarius Likes You
1. They flirt with you and only you. Most Sagittarius types flirt as a form of everyday communication. If they single you out with their flirtatious style, then they have the hots for you.
2. You're always their go-to for dances, movies, family events, pretending to be mermaids, and rolling down a hill into leaves. (Don't knock it till you try it, ya mermaid.) Seriously, they invite you to come jam with them all the time. They're not afraid to be weird with you. They also like that you're up for their various ideas.
3. They candidly tell you they like you. Bonus: they want a commitment. That's not the norm for most Sagittariuses.
4. They can't stop giving you gifts. They might be bizarre gifts, like hairbrushes, bandaids, flavored cigarettes. Sagittarius just wants to give you things. Whatever items provoke their sense of joy.
5. They write you letters. Who writes letters these days? Sagittarius wants to capture you with the art of the pen. They're willing to engage in meandering epistles.
6. They whisper secrets. Sagittarius loves gossip. Whispering is cool, right? Whispering is also sexy. They want you to feel special.
7. They take extra time to make something special happen. They'll put together a giant party for you. They'll serenade you with a new song they wrote. They'll meet you by coming out of a giant birthday cake, and they'll be in some sparkly suit.
8. You find them cuddling in your arms like a puppy. Sagittarius has the energy and innocence of a puppy. If they like cuddling with you then they like you.
9. They surprise you by coming to see you. Did he just fly 1,000 miles to be by your side for no explainable reason? Did she stop by your workplace to catch you for lunch? Did he ring your doorbell around midnight and had a row of cookies with him?
10. They prank you. Sagittarius wants you to have fun! They want to flatter you with their wit. They both want to scare you and make you laugh.
11. They know what ice cream flavor you like and bring it. They notice the details. They know what you like to eat, and they supply it.
12. They slow down on the sarcasm to impress you. It's not always easy to hold your tongue. If your Sagittarius crush suddenly has that ability they might be trying to come off chivalrous.
13. They buy you a fancy red dress. They ask you to wear it and be ready for a fancy dinner. Sagittarius wants to splurge on their crush.
14. They call you late at night and spend hours talking to you on the phone. These conversations are insane. They go into the most random tangents. He'll go on about his 7th-grade science project from 20 years ago.
15. They keep things you give them. You go to their house and there is a shrine dedicated to you.
16. She can't stop touching you. She hugs you, kisses you, holds your hand, sleeps on your shoulder, plays footsie.
17. Rapid-fire jokes. Once Sagittarius turns it on, they can't turn it off. They like how you respond to their jokes.
Sagittarius and Zodiac Pairings
Sagittarius is looking for a fun life. They were born during the holiday season. They get bored by seriousness. They're the opposite of energy vampires.
Aries + Sagittarius
As for Aries, Sagittarius will be attracted to the fire sign’s zeal, but they may also find their fellow fire sign is too driven. Sagittarius and Aries will make for a passionate relationship. Everything about this relationship will boil down to instinct.
If Aries gets angry, Sagittarius will get sarcastic. The two are an abundance of creativity. This combo is dynamic. It can either light up the sky, or catch a house on fire.
Taurus + Sagittarius
Both Sagittarius and Taurus are sensual. If a Taurus likes a Sagittarius, I recommend trying to keep it to the five senses, show them the best eatery in town, wear something nice for the eyes, put on a dash of perfume, have lovely music to play. Also, Taurus, be ready to show some of your sense of humor. Sagittarius is a mix of the senses and the mind. They can be bad about having the Madonna-whore complex, as defined by Sigmund Freud. Sagittarius likes you because you're sweet, but they also want to see you go wild.
Gemini + Sagittarius
Sagittarius will enjoy the vastness of Gemini's mind. Someone will have to break the ice to bring in some sexual tension, perhaps just talking late into the night will help open the door.
Gemini can get lost to their nerves, sapiosexuality, and pent-up emotions. I've read a lot of imperfect depictions of Geminis, but Gemini really is about neurology and intelligence. They want a smart partner, which they can find in Sagittarius.
The fire sign does appreciate good intellectual taste. Sagittarius craves knowledge and can be a jack-of-all-trades. Sagittarius might not feel fully understood with a Gemini, but they do offer something that Sagittarius craves: fun.
Cancer + Sagittarius
Cancer and Sagittarius is an interesting and difficult combo. Cancer wants to possess, to express, and is ever-changing like the moon. Sagittarius, on the other hand, wants to travel, find humor, and be on the edge of a breakthrough.
Sagittarius could easily offend Cancer. Cancer is more sensitive.
Cancer will attract Sagittarius by strongly digging their heels into their charms. Cancer knows how to attract, flirt, and entice. Sagittarius will like that but only temporarily.
Cancer needs to let go and not take things so personally. Too much seriousness and big emotions will bore Sagittarius.
Leo + Sagittarius
Leo and Sagittarius will get along well. Sagittarius needs to be careful that their sarcasm doesn’t brush the Leo the wrong way. Leo will catch Sagittarius by showing off, which will give Sagittarius a chance to be amused.
Leo can be himself. Leo doesn’t need to work too hard to get Sagittarius’ attention. The fixed fire sign will just have to let go of being so stubborn and demanding. Your ego might get in the way.
Leo and Sagittarius can be steamy: the extroversion of Leo with the flirtatiousness of Sagittarius is a bright and happy recipe. Sagittarius likes people who are impressive, who are strong leaders, and who are okay with making fools of themselves.
Virgo + Sagittarius
Virgo is hard-working and can get stuck in their head; Sagittarius is fun-loving and can get stuck performing for the world. The two could be attracted to each other, but it would take mountains to get them to interact.
Sagittarius might like that Virgo gets things done, and Virgos are distinctly cerebral. That's something Sagittarius finds endearing.
Both of these signs can be religiously single but for different reasons. Two single-birds might have a problem developing a relationship and overcoming their own existential issues. If Virgo likes Sagittarius, they should appeal to the Sagittarian senses, like a Taurus would. Virgo should also offer their sense of humor. (See the TV show Lucifer. Watch the relationship of Lucifer and Chloe.)
Libra + Sagittarius
Libra, your patience may run thin with Sagittarius. Libra likes to be coupled up, they like balance, they like commitment, they like forward motion. Sagittarius will find you endearing and charming. To be honest, all signs find you endearing and charming.
Sagittarius may love to be taken by your whims, your imagination, and so forth, but they may run when you want to establish a stable relationship.
Sagittarius needs all the room in the world to spread their wings and in whatever way they want. A relationship can feel constraining. If you want to attract a Sagittarius, dig into your charms.
Have fun, because Sagittarius wants fun. When addressing commitment, don't make it so serious. Sagittarius might not be ready to settle down or only have one lover. There are so many out there! Why should I only stick with you?
Libra, you may be in the confines of a relationship without it necessarily being labeled, so tread lightly if Sagittarius isn't committing according to your definition of commitment.
Your Sagittarius crush could turn jealous on you the moment you show interest in someone else. And they'll try to win you back. Then you might have to make a difficult decision: your less committing but fun Sagittarius or a new, reliable lover.
Scorpio + Sagittarius
Scorpio and Sagittarius are neighbors and this can help in dating. This pair dials up the cat-and-mouse attraction game to the max level.
Sagittarius will be attracted to Scorpio for its well-known reputation. Everyone knows Scorpio has a certain kind of intense sexual zeal, and Sagittarius wants that fun.
The fire sign probably does not understand the depth of who you are. That depth could also send Sagittarius reeling and coming back perpetually.
There will be struggles. Scorpio wants to possess the relationship and Sagittarius tries to be free like a walrus rolling around slopes and jumping into water.
Scorpio must offer fun to survive, and Scorpio must be willing to take some sarcasm and not let their ego get fried too easily. If you like a Sagittarius, offer them something risky that would catch their attention. Scorpio, your motto should be from The Godfather. Offer them something they can't refuse.
Sagittarius + Sagittarius
Sagittarius and Sagittarius might be heaven in a circus. I can't think of another sign that would be more into dating itself.
Double the Sagittarius and double the fun. This sign would understand freedom, being a creative force, and also would love all the humor and sarcasm. If Sagittarius wants to attract another Sagittarius, just ask yourself: what attracts you to yourself?
You can be a little full of yourself when you're a Sagittarius because you don't mean it that seriously. (Libra might find this disturbing and attractive at the same time.) Sagittarius offers a world of fun to another Sagittarius. You'll have a partner in crime.
Capricorn + Sagittarius
Capricorn knows how to conserve, hibernate, and preserve. Capricorn likes people who can introduce fun when they're hibernating from the world.
Capricorn has a sense of humor and likes sarcasm. The earth sign wants to bring comfort. They like commitment, but they're not afraid to let a Sagittarius free.
Capricorn can attract Sagittarius by being funny, relaxed, and witty. Sagittarius really likes how relaxed Capricorn can be. Sagittarius looks at this and thinks: what a great idea, I never thought of being a sloth!
Aquarius + Sagittarius
Aquarius and Sagittarius are going to enjoy the hell out of each other. Aquarius is the royal heart of air, and she can't help but show off her brain, weirdness, and creativity. Sagittarius will find that hot.
And Sagittarius will have fun trying to attract someone who is kind of difficult and carefree. These two may have difficulties building a romantic into a lasting relationship: they both thrive on being single.
They'll easily be friends and friends with benefits. If Aquarius likes Sagittarius, all you have to do is be weird, unpredictable, and invite them to unusual events. Sagittarius will want to be taken on wild ventures. The two of you are more likely to stay together if you travel together. The ultimate travel buddy wins the centaur's heart.
Pisces + Sagittarius
Pisces is so ridiculously lovely and pretty that Sagittarius will fall head over heels for them. Sagittarius won't understand the possessive nature of a water sign, but Pisces also knows how to drop that act.
Sagittarius is attracted to how you display your gender, your ease of mind, your coolness. If you like a Sagittarius, do it gently. They'll be captivated by your mermaid-like charms. As the friendliest sign, you'll put Sagittarius at ease. If you can be sweet instead of possessive then Sagittarius will be smitten with you.
November 22 to December 21
Free will, Creativity, Action
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2018 Andrea Lawrence
Carolyn Fields from South Dakota, USA on August 01, 2018:
I am a Sag married to a fellow Sag. I can tell you from personal experience that this info is spot on. Great read!
Ariel burbidge on July 31, 2018:
are u happy together