I have been studying and teaching Bible doctrine for over 48 years and the shepherding teacher for home based Churches. Sola Scriptura
John MacArthur - One Of The Few Who Understand The Wickedness Of Self.
An Interesting Quote By John MacArthur.
A heathen may intellectually accept a list of Gospel facts. But without a divine miracle to open his blind eyes and give him a new heart, he will only be a theologically informed pagan, not a Christian.
This statement sums up the status of the modern, new gospel “church” goer and includes far too many graduates of “bible” schools and seminaries who are now proselytizing on a scale never before witnessed. Per NewsMax, “…there are more churches with 5,000 people attending weekly services than at any other time in history.” Many of these churches are individually reaching well over 100,000 per week, whether it be via attendance, television or both. As I said in my previous article; it was not the prominent psychologists of the 20th century that created this disaster, but the institutions that so readily accepted the new wave of “Christian” counseling methods solely based upon modern psychobabble. Couple this with the gullible young students that are being rushed off to these institutions and you will have a vast, willing army to spread the new gospel of Selfism.
Paganism Has Nothing On the 'Christian' Cult of Self
The Church Has Been Warned, Why are We So Taken By Surprise?
Paul's last letter just prior to his execution was 2nd Timothy; to his beloved child in the Lord. His first letter addressed Timothy's office within the body of Christ; this second letter was more concerned with his behavior and conduct. This epistle also issued a prophetic warning, similar to his warning to the elders at Ephesus in Acts 20. His warning to the Ephesians concerned the coming heresy from within, among those who were considered as part of the Church, who were in actuality ravening wolves in sheep's clothing. This prophecy in 2nd Timothy was not concerning the here and now of Paul's day but the perilous last days. Via the Holy Spirit, you and I have been warned of this day nearly 2,000 years ago and we are seeing it fulfilled in the here and now. We are truly in the end of days. Paul lists 19 traits of those who are consumed with self within the Church. This prophecy has nothing to do with the world, for all these traits have always existed in the ways of the world. Voila, it is very difficult if not impossible to tell the difference between the world and the church.
The Warning: 2 Timothy 3:1-5 The 19 traits of Selfism within the Church!
- Lovers of self - The Godfather of Selfism. Carnality masquerading as spiritual.
- Covetous - Self-gratification, greed, me first, they love to be in control.
- Boasters - Self-aggrandizing, know-it-alls, follow me types.
- Proud - Self before others in belief, socially and more than likely - racially.
- Blasphemers - Self-interpretation of the Word of God: that which is forbidden in 2nd Peter 2:20 - "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation".
- Disobedient to parents - They start young (bible schools & seminaries), they forsake the counsel of their elders and abuse those they depend upon.
- Unthankful - They deserve the best and curse the trials, even though we are called to be thankful in everything.
- Unholy - They have no fear of God and keep their personal lives very private.
- Without natural affection - They lack humanity, have a coldness towards other's plights, even to those of their own family and privately rejoice in the calamity of others.
- Truce breakers - The do not keep their word, they are liars.
- False accusers - The Greek word is diaboloi meaning to act devilish towards others, they lie to succeed.
- Incontinent - They lack self-control, lusts are not in check. Infidelity is a fairly common occurrence in these last days.
- Fierce - They are in dire need of anger management as they are easily offended.
- Despisers of those who are good - They belittle the works of others outside of their belief system.
- Traitors - Betrayers of a trust that has been committed to them.
- Heady - They are intoxicated in their personal ways and beliefs above all else. The deceivers are themselves deceived.
- High-minded - They are more noble, righteous and honorable than others.
- Lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God - Happiness, wealth and sensual desires outweigh most everything else.
- Having a form of godliness but deny the power of God in their own lives - Appearance is everything; they have been baptized, wear the moniker of Christian, know the language and dress for success: they are an empty shell.
Do not think that this is only an American or Western Church phenomena; this is a worldwide plague within the Church. I have social media contacts in Asia, Africa, the Philippines, Indonesia, Australia, the Middle East, Israel and Europe. I sometimes wonder if there are any sizeable churches left that honor the Word of God and proclaim the Gospel of Christ. It seems as if in this world there is no place where one may be free from terror, earthquakes, superstorms, disease, persecution or heresy in the form of Selfism.
There is Great Danger When the Shepherd is Nothing More Than a Ravenous Wolf.
When Will The Church Realize, We Have An Aversary That Seeks Our Destruction?
We in this country think we are so blessed; but yet I know of Ugandan congregations that pray for missionaries' home churches, because of how difficult it must be to be a Christian in America when you are rich in the things of this world. The Scripture of a camel through the eye of a needle really comes home to roost, when one looks around and sees what is happening to the Church in this land of ours. Our Sovereign Lord warned His Church in the parable of the mustard seed.
- A mustard seed is about as small as a seed can be, yet it will grow into a very large bush, but when Christ was comparing the Kingdom to the growth of seed, it became a great tree. You could not get a smaller beginning to a worldwide "movement" than that of Christianity.
- But this tree attracts the fowls of the air and as per the parable of the sower, the birds are workers of the devil. From the beginning, shortly after the day of Pentecost, the devil has been scheming and squirming his way into the Church in every way imaginable, always with the same result: problems, problems and more problems. Yet, this is God's plan.
As Matthew Henry stated: when you draw the net from the sea, you get both good and bad fish and with wheat, if it is not the tares there is still the chaff that must be dealt with at harvest. We have NEVER been promised a pure congregation this side of heaven. Why? Because God chose the weak, the simple and nothings of this world to comprise His Church and that is exactly who we are. At times we are easily duped, overly trusting and too often naïve. Truly, God's ways and thoughts are beyond our comprehension. But, He has gifted us with His Word and pastoring teachers, that we may be equipped, not only for the work at hand but aware of the work of our enemy in our midst.
Paul's warning to Ephesus: Acts 20:29-31
"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Therefore watch, and remember..."
Peter's warning: 2 Peter 2:1
"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction"
We have been warned and if you a child of the King of Kings, you must withdraw yourself from fellowships that have strayed from the true Gospel of Christ. There are so many unholy practices being perpetrated under the guise of Christianity. Some are so very clever that it could easily catch a majority of believers off guard, only for a season. While others are so obviously ridiculous that it boggles the mind that even any unbeliever could be possibly duped: from snakes, eating grass, flopping like a fish out of water, passing out, dancing uncontrollably, shaking, babbling, etc. Selfism is alive and is going to make it easy to separate the wheat from the tares in the very near future.
charlie from From Kingdom of God living on Planet earth in between the oceans on August 24, 2018:
David-- interestingly you are covering the things things that the Lord had me to publish several moths ago. Of course you are doing it your way and doing a great job . Mine were mostly done as a series "Do Not be Deceived". I have been teaching these same things since before 1975. The only places I have been that they were well received were places like Kenya and Indonesia( the parts where there was no American "church" influence). I have not taught what I do not understand and waited 35 years for the Spirit to show me truths of the book of the revelation of Jesus Christ. Which I have been doing as it is revealed to me since the first of this year. I will continue as the Spirit leads
Keep up the good works many need what you are writing.