Andrea writes on various topics from dating, couples, astrology, weddings, interior design, and gardens. She studied film and writing.
Scorpio + Sagittarius: A Phenomenal Pairing
Scorpio and Sagittarius go together like chocolate and peanut butter.
Obviously, Scorpio is a dark chocolate, maybe with chili, nuts, or fruit. Sagittarius is the peanut butter that makes things all the more rich and delightful for chocolate. It’s a killer combo.
Scorpio's depth, darkness, and moods brings the chocolate to the table. It would be an artisan chocolate with multiple flavor profiles. Sagittarius is peanut butter: it's playful, whimsical, and unpredictable.
This couple has some initial qualities that steady it:
- Both are fall signs
- They're neighbor signs. Scorpio is the 8th sign. Sagittarius is the 9th.
- They have complementing qualities: Scorpio is serious, Sagittarius is wild and jovial.
- They're both passionate / sensual people.
- Scorpio helps Sagittarius to take things more seriously. Sagittarius helps Scorpio to lighten up.
- Water + fire = steam.
Generally, neighbor signs are opposites. The Zodiac tries to bring in a new type of energy with each sign. Scorpio was born to counter some of Libra's qualities. Libra is indecisive, very altruistic, and socially diverse. Scorpio is decisive to the point of stubbornness, he is often selfish, and focuses attention on a select few.
Sagittarius comes into the world to counter Scorpio. Sagittarius is flexible, unpredictable, and wild. The fire sign struggles to take anything too seriously to the point of being non-committal. Sagittarius tends to have a wider social net than Scorpio.
Fixed Water + Mutable Fire
Scorpio is a water sign, Sagittarius is fire — together they make steam, which is magical and is essential to good food and a clean shower.
Imagine the planet in the early stages with all the volcanic activity and the young oceans. The world was full of steam and from it life began to spread about the planet. Water and fire are an old combo, but a successful one. These two elements alone can help get things started. The first sign of the Zodiac is a fire sign, the Aries which comes right after the last cycle's water sign. . . Pisces.
- Fire is related to ambition, free-will, passion, movement, aggression, excitement, goals, energy, desires, action, instincts, ego, cardio, getting things started, yang.
- Water is related to emotions, intuition, flow, relationships, love, feelings, yin, sadness, life, organic, expression, meditation, relaxation, cleanliness, merging.
Scorpio = Too Serious | Sagittarius = Too Non-Committal
Scorpio and Sagittarius do have something peculiar that they’ll have to work through: a clash of different attitudes.
Scorpio is possessive, controlling, and loyal. A Scorpio wants all of their partner without question or disagreement.
Sagittarius is wild, freedom loving, and looking for an adventure. Scorpio will be annoyed with Sagittarius’ aloof ways. Sagittarius will get annoyed with Scorpio’s possessive and demanding ways.
This combo isn't for the faint of heart. Scorpio will chase the Sagittarius if they feel there is enough promise and reward in the connection. Sagittarius will do what Sagittarius will do. You can't control or confine the wild horse. It has to run. Scorpio will have to be active: you can't simply wow the Sagittarius with traditional tactics like hanging out at home on a couch or something just as simple.
Sagittarius will not put up with a boring lover.
Scorpio will not put up with an unfaithful lover.
Stand Side by Side
They do best to stand side by side and accept the other for their differences. Scorpio and Sagittarius will do well if they embrace the concept of compromise.
They’ll enjoy each other’s commentary on life. Scorpio sees the world in a serious way, they’re intense, emotional, brooding, and calculated. Scorpio likes to think about darker topics, more gruesome ideas, and stuff you don't talk about in public.
Sagittarius is hilarious, all over the place, a fantastic scholar, a joker, and a chameleon of social circumstances. If these two hit it off, their conversations will be sensational. They'll both confuse and charm each other.
Devilish, in a Way
The two could be considered different sides of the devil. Scorpio has its fair share of connotations to the dark side as the king or queen of Halloween. Scorpios are drawn to the spooky, the costumes, and the tricks. They want to see if people really are who they say they are — or if they have nailed a mask to their face and are playing pretend.
Scorpio wants to really understand reality. They delve deeper than other signs into the human psyche.
Sagittarius is a trickster. They like pranks. They are whimsical, they like to keep things light and fresh, they’re bent on sarcasm, and sometimes they take joy in people’s pain.
Sagittarius is known to play games of love. They don't always want to be in a relationship. Sometimes they just want to explore their options.
Vices can unite these two. They are great as partners in crime. They know how to play off each other.
Be Willing to Make Sacrifices
Scorpio needs to be committed to following the Sagittarius who will chase after the wind, pick up new hobbies, try new careers, travel far, and move to whatever place they feel moves them. Scorpio will have to sacrifice the steadiness they like to keep the Sagittarius spark. Sacrifices will be made to help this relationship last for the long term.
Yin and Yang
Sagittarius struggles with commitment. They like to play. Scorpio craves a steady relationship and partner. They like to work. Scorpio works so that they can play: Sagittarius plays as a way of work.
These two are yin and yang. They are different sides of the same coin.
Sagittarius believes a life should be active: take the gift of life and run with it. To reject life is a cardinal sin to the Sagittarius, so they want to fill their lives with experiences.
Scorpio sees meaning in everything. They’re obsessed with the emotional hue of stories, the arts, and music. Scorpio is constantly investigating and trying to understand the psyche. Scorpio is charmed by Sagittarius' acceptance of life in part because Scorpio finds it easier to accept the grim reality of death.
Differences Will Arise, This Is Natural
This couple will have moments of great connection and moments of disagreement. They need enough common interests to steady the bond. Neither really wants to date someone just like themselves. Scorpio tires of himself — it gets boring when you're serious all the time. Sagittarius struggles to manage her world without some boundaries, but she doesn’t want to set those boundaries herself.
- Scorpio won’t like this, but Sagittarius will play games with your heart.
- Sagittarius likes to taunt the Scorpio.
- Sagittarius will immediately want you back if you ever leave them. Or they'll want you back if you make them think your love for them might be gone.
Sagittarius Is Open to Scorpio's Darker Sides
Sagittarius wants to see Scorpio’s dark side. She even does what she can to get strange reactions out of her partner. The fire sign finds Scorpio's intensity amusing, charming, and alluring.This is actually a good thing. Most people panic when they see the darker sides of a Scorpio. But not the Sagittarius.
The fire sign finds it wildly entertaining, especially because they thrive on drama. They want to feel alive. But in the next moment they might feel trapped if there hasn't been enough release in the tension. It will take time to work out and pace this relationship.
Pacing is everything. Sometimes things might feel out of synch or that the rhythm is off. It’s best to lean into each other and work through the rough patches.
Scorpio will enjoy seeing Sagittarius’ different emotions and sides. Scorpio needs someone who is dynamic, who has layers, complications, and even vulnerabilities to share. Sagittarius needs someone who will introduce them to new adventures, new whims, and new chaos.
This couple would do well to travel together. It’s important to get to know each other in different settings. Scorpio needs to know that Sagittarius doesn’t mean to offend. Meanwhile, Sagittarius needs to know Scorpio doesn’t mean to intrude.
Top Ten Tips for This Couple
- If something doesn't work in the relationship note it and don't try to repeat things the same way. If you can learn what creates unnecessary conflict and damage and avoid it, then you'll have won half the battles already.
- Sagittarius, sometimes you do need to take things more seriously. Don't feign interest or seriousness — the Scorpio can read right through you. Try to respect what interests Scorpio. If you respect their interests, it'll be easier to find some seriousness.
- Scorpio, embrace your silly side. Sometimes you get too weighed down by disappointments. Let Sagittarius take your mind off things and relax.
- Sagittarius is more likely to start things than finish them. Scorpio is more likely to be a good manager of resources and money. Let Sagittarius start new ventures and create excitement. Let Scorpio organize and make sense of the world.
- Give time to chase random ideas and go places for Sagittarius. Give time to stay at home or in a more insular setting for Scorpio. Scorpio understands their partner best in a one-on-one setting with minimal distractions.
- You two need to be accountable to each other. It's easy with your preferences to get into trouble as a couple, sometimes you need to put your foot on the brake — or enjoy something just by visioning it but not actually doing it.
- Be weird together. You both have some crazy streaks. Don't try to shape your relationship like others. A double fall sign relationship has a certain amount of intensity, strangeness, and aroma to it. You probably won't feel like a normal couple. . . and hopefully that's what you prefer.
- Sagittarius, don't be too selfish.
- Scorpio, don't be too possessive, controlling, or manipulative. Set smart boundaries. Don't be easily insecure.
- Keep notes on your relationship and what makes it work. Nostalgia is good for the both of you.
Scorpio and Sagittarius at a Quick Glance
October 23 to November 22
November 23 and December 21
Part of the Body
Thighs, Upper Legs
Serious, creative, passionate, intense, loyal, calculated, independent / loner, controling, great emotional depth, brooding, dark
Free-spirited, wild, light-hearted, funny, intelligent, easy going, prankster, merry, spontaneous, casual, warm-hearted, commitment-phobe
Fight Club, depressive episodes, too high of standards, perfectionism, attention issues, lost to the depths of darkness
Too much partying, too much fun, pranks, overeating, anything goes mentality
Think Halloween. Deep red, black, and brown
Fun colors. Red, orange, purple, blue
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2020 Andrea Lawrence
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on October 30, 2020:
I always love hearing when I write something that feels accurate. It's always great to know I put something together that people can connect to, whether it's astrology or something else. I wish you the very best in your ventures.
Treathyl FOX from Austin, Texas on October 29, 2020:
This is so weird. I don't believe in the Zodiac but have followed it for fun. What a coincidence that you picked the signs for my husband and me. We were married 40 years and he passed away last year. That bit you said about “standing side by side” perfectly described our relationship.