I'm a Midwesterner with a background in writing and media. My articles are mainly about relationships, dating, and heartbreak.
A Gemini and Scorpio pairing is not for the faint of heart. Gemini is generally a much more light-hearted and whimsical person than the brooding, passionate, and deep Scorpio. This combination could create a unique recipe unlike any other. Gemini will be the brains behind it all while Scorpio works from below the surface in ways no one can see at all. These two are more likely to be business partners or accomplices rather than romantic partners, but if the door should open for something romantic -- it likely would happen spontaneously. Gemini is a spontaneous person and goes with their instinct, and Scorpio doesn't want to be with someone unless they give all of themselves to Scorpio.
If Scorpio wants to keep the Gemini, it must move slowly. If Scorpio moves too fast Gemini will think this is a spontaneous and short lived adventure. Gemini will likely not understand the depth of Scorpio's inner world instantaneously but will need it fed to them slowly but surely.
When the Ravenclaw and the Slytherin Date
Gemini and Scorpio will likely converge where their vices lie. Gemini and Scorpio can be open with each other about how they are awful people and not be ruined by the notion. Gemini is a genius, often somewhat lazy because when Gemini arrives in the world things are already set in motion. The garden is ready and doesn't need hard work to make it happen. Scorpio on the other hand is the king of Halloween. Scorpio thrives on the fall season and everything that's broken and fallen. Scorpio knows it is taking the heat out of everything and making things cooler, which in a way to Gemini seems like a threat. Gemini is all about maintaining and enjoying the flowers -- Scorpio is all about slashing and ripping apart the garden until you're left with only what is real and true.
These two have drastically different perspectives, perhaps more so than Taurus and Scorpio. Gemini is in its head and wants to lead, where Scorpio is in its root chakra and wants to manage. It's a subtle difference, but Gemini likes to start many things without ever completing any of it. Where Scorpio has an insane focus unlike any other, and they may only accomplish one big thing in their lifetimes -- but it will be perfect and grandeur. Scorpio is the sign of the phoenix and is drawn toward sacrifice.The best way for these two connect is humor. Gemini will come at humor with wit, grace, and well, kind of in a British way. Scorpio is much more sarcastic, hilarious, dark, and twisted. Humor is likely what brings these two together. For Harry Potter fans, it would be like watching a Ravenclaw date a Slytherin.
So if you can imagine a relationship between those two kind of students it would be something like this:
- The Ravenclaw wants to study and solve riddles while the Slytherin wants to craft excellence. Ravenclaw has its head up a book while Slytherin paints a masterpiece. Ravenclaw understands the art, but may struggle to create it while Slytherin doesn't understand the art but knows how to create it.
- The Ravenclaw will have many opportunities on its table and may get carried away with all the opportunities. The Slytherin focuses on where it excels and drops whatever doesn't work. Ravenclaw would figure out how to conquer those things and learn things it never was meant to learn.
- Slytherin focuses on potions and the dark arts. Ravenclaw focuses on charms and history.
- Slytherin can be a loner, distant, explosive, a misfit, and cunning. Ravenclaw is a genius, often introverted, detailed, high-performing, and brilliant.
- Slytherin finds himself into twisted things that others would forbid. Ravenclaw finds itself lost in an adventure that's her own design.
- Ravenclaw prefers the light, the air, the breeze, new knowledge, and a good pun. Slytherin likes a dirty joke and broods over it for an endless amount of time.
- Ravenclaw is someone who gets into an Ivy league school. Slytherin is someone who gets into an art or medical school.
- Ravenclaw forgets to eat because it studies so much. Slytherin is willing to hunt for food.
Secret, Secrets Make Your Way
Geminis and Scorpios often pair up in secret because they don't know what else to do. Gemini may want to go on secret adventures to gardens and particularly pretty places outside. Scorpio has a taste for ruins, old castles, dungeons, dive bars, wrestling events, hookah lounges, Gothic cathedrals, outlandish parties, and rock concerts. Gemini often don't really like loud music; it eludes them. They prefer podcasts or humor filled songs. Gemini and Scorpio won't click unless they compromise on some plans.
Scorpio will be happy to keep the Gemini all to himself. He'll want Gemini to watch hours upon hours of television with him. Scorpio builds intimacy and relationships out of intense amounts of private one-on-one hangouts. Gemini won't mind this, but also does like to mix things up and go on adventures. Gemini doesn't want to get lazy and turn into a full slob. She'll want to go to the gym, ride horses, jump in hot air balloons -- or just read a book and do some writing. Gemini has a wide range of interests and preoccupations.
The Struggle Is Real
These two may struggle if they force each other to follow each other's preferred way of thinking. Scorpio wants to jump into things and find what makes it tick, where
Gemini is a constant, messy thought. Scorpio wants to know what makes things passionate, but Gemini wants to look at things and find the challenge of making it interesting.
Scorpio may get agitated by Gemini's info dump and constant need to share things with words. Scorpio gets overwhelmed by too many words and would prefer things more edited and concise. Gemini can only arrive at that destination by first being wordy, messy, and unclear. Gemini refines their purposes as they go along. Scorpio immediately focuses and moves from there. These could create some strange moments for the two as they try to connect. Scorpio will want to focus on one thing while Gemini is fluttering about talking about sandwiches and trying to make Scorpio laugh -- Scorpio wants to seduce, Gemini wants to deflate. It will annoy Scorpio that Gemini eludes them so much and become so difficult to manipulate and capture, especially when Gemini decides to share more of its twin personality -- doubling down on all the things that confuse the Scorpio.
Some Scorpios will be amazed by this and feel flattered to be with someone so preposterous. Gemini, meanwhile, will either feel threatened by Scorpio's advances or will be driving the wagon of insanity with Scorpio. Gemini is a friendly, kind one who is mysterious in their own right. They are great mimics. Scorpio will be amused when Gemini mimics them, as Scorpio's ego is big enough that such a mirroring will be taken as a huge compliment.
Gemini will constantly shift gears and have to shake off these disguises, so it may also elude the Scorpio who just wants to understand Gemini, but Gemini doesn't really fit into a shell like other zodiacs. If Scorpio can see Gemini as the person they are and not get caught up in all the nuances, they'll enjoy the soul. Gemini is a great actor to the point they get lost in the act. Scorpio is more like a rock musician waiting to light things on fire and scream a metal ballad while also flipping off every soul in sight.
This relationship coupling is wild and fairly nonsensical. Neither party is really getting what they want naturally. This will stretch both people's horizons. Scorpio wants someone who will merge with them and create a unified whole -- Gemini constantly shifts gears and has a bizarre sense of independence. Scorpio might feel like they're constantly dating a new person -- which is either a good or bad thing depending on the Scorpio.
Gemini wants someone who can help untangle them. They're constantly getting lost in intricate webs. Gemini often turn to Aquarius to help them because Aquarius are so good at understanding thoughts and breaking them down. Scorpio also turns to Aquarius because it wants to crack the code on Aquarius and figure out why the two of them feel so similar yet so different. That's a story for another day.
Tips for this Couple
1. Scorpio needs to be flexible. This pairing will open up your mind and your humor, but you can't let your expectations drive you out of the relationship.
2. Gemini needs to say what they really think and be vulnerable. This relationship is good for you for that reason because you struggle to express your emotions, which you bottle up and throw out in fits of rage or long unnecessary rants.
3. Scorpio needs to accept that they can't control Gemini. You have to let this person be their self and do what they want and need. It won't always fit so perfectly. Your relationship is not one of those color-by-the-number books. This is a coloring book with scribbles all over it and outside the lines.
4. Gemini needs to listen to Scorpio and be serious sometimes. You can't always make a wisecrack to save the moment.
5. Gemini needs to be careful of Scorpio's feelings and ego. Be gentle, don't puncture old wounds.
6. Scorpio needs to be as loyal to Gemini as it expects Gemini to be loyal to it.
7. Gemini is not your loyal subject, Scorpio. They are your equal. Seeing them as your equal will help you to stop trying to manipulate them. When you try to manipulate a Gemini more odd performances and strangeness will come out.
8. Gemini needs to be cautious of its own arrogance which can drive Scorpio's sadness.
9. The two of you are prone to some scandalous behavior. Communicate before you do anything unusual.
10. Stop trying to impress everyone and just impress yourselves.
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on February 18, 2020:
Thank you! I appreciate your readership.
JC Scull from Gainesville, Florida on February 11, 2020: