Andrea has worked with HubPages for 8+ years. She mostly writes about dating, couples, weddings, travel, interior design, and gardening.
A Gemini and Scorpio Romance
A Gemini and Scorpio pairing is not for the faint of heart. Gemini is lighthearted and whimsical. He is a whirlwind of bright colors and never ending thoughts. He won't stop talking. Scorpio is brooding, serious, heavy-hearted, and cunning. Scorpio is consumed by her emotions and intuition. She can't stop feeling everything.
This coupling could be a recipe for love or disaster. Gemini will be the brains behind it; Scorpio will be the passion that ignites everything.
These two are more likely to be business partners or accomplices rather than romantic partners, but if the door should open for something romantic, it will likely happen spontaneously.
Gemini is a carefree and energetic person. He goes where his thoughts take him. As for Scorpio — she doesn't want to be with someone unless they give to her completely. The Scorpio checks out if someone isn't willing to give 100%.
If Scorpio wants to keep the Gemini for the long term, it must move slowly. If Scorpio moves too fast Gemini will think this is a spontaneous and short lived adventure. Gemini will likely not understand the depth of Scorpio's inner world. It will take time to uncover and interpret.
Pros and Cons of This Relationship
- Gemini and Scorpio will find solace in each other. They both feel like misfits. They often don't really like society.
- They're both wild. This can translate into a passionate relationship.
- Scorpio will be flattered by Gemini's mimicry. Gemini will be flattered by Scorpio's loyalty.
- They both share a dark sense of humor.
- They can both be weird together and not feel judged.
- Differing perspectives will cause tension. Gemini is a thought machine. They're obsessed with the light side of things. They get caught up in social justice. They lean heavily toward humor. Scorpio is a brooding emotion machine. They can be really serious and get depressed easily.
- Together they have a lot of spontaneous energy that can help in a short term match. They may struggle to stabilize into a long term match.
- Gemini is impossible to manipulate, which will frustrate Scorpio who uses manipulation as a relationship tactic.
- Gemini uses mimicry as a tactic in relationships. Mirroring the Scorpio could cause unsettling things to happen to the Gemini.
- Scorpio is demanding. Gemini is freedom seeking.
Geminis and Scorpios often pair up in secret because they don't know what else to do. Gemini may want to go on secret adventures to gardens and other pretty outdoor spaces.
Scorpio has a taste for ruins, old castles, dungeons, dive bars, wineries, hookah lounges, Gothic cathedrals, outlandish parties, and rock concerts. Gemini prefers podcasts or humor infused songs. Gemini will listen to a podcast on high-speed to get through it faster; Scorpio will be annoyed by the chipmunk speed Gemini uses to gain thoughts faster.
FYI: Gemini and Scorpio won't click unless they compromise on some plans. They have to entertain their partner's interests, even if they find them unreasonable or annoying.
Scorpio will be happy to keep the Gemini all to herself. She'll want Gemini to watch hours upon hours of television with her. Scorpio builds intimacy and relationships out of intense amounts of private one-on-one hangouts. Gemini won't mind this, but also does like to mix things up and go on adventures. (Air signs need to travel. Air must go places; it doesn't do well to sit for long periods.)
Gemini doesn't want to get lazy and turn into a slob. He'll want to go to the gym, ride horses, jump in hot air balloons — or just read a book while on an exercise bike. Gemini has a range of interests and preoccupations.
Secretive Relationship Highlights
- Writing back and forth to each other.
- Co-workers dating without letting anyone around them know.
- Meeting at times when people can't see them.
- Having a secret hideout.
- Going on mysterious outings.
- Pretending to not like each other while around others.
- Spontaneous meetups.
- Meeting in shadows.
- Meeting at night.
Gemini is known as the great mimic. The air sign will mimic qualities of his or her partner. A Gemini will take on Scorpio qualities, which will cause the relationship to get competitive, passionate, and dark.
If They Were Monsters. . .
- Gemini has Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde tendencies.
- Scorpio has vampire tendencies.
Differing Outlooks on Life
These two will struggle if they can't accept their differences. Scorpio wants to jump into things and find what makes it tick, whereas Gemini is a constant, messy tangle of thoughts. Scorpio wants to know the bad sides of people; Gemini wants to find whimsy and brilliance.
Scorpio may get agitated by Gemini's info dump and constant need to share things with words. Scorpio gets overwhelmed by too many words and would prefer things to be more edited and concise.
Gemini needs to make a mess first and then sculpt it. (The spring air sign is the definition of word salad.)
Gemini refines its purposes as it goes along. Scorpio broods and broods until they pop. These differing qualities could create some strange moments for the two as they try to connect.
- Scorpio will want to focus on one thing while Gemini is fluttering about talking about sandwiches and trying to make Scorpio laugh.
- Scorpio wants to seduce, Gemini wants to deflate. It will annoy Scorpio that Gemini eludes them so much. It will be difficult to manipulate and capture the elusive air sign.
- When Gemini decides to share more of its twin personality, it will confuse the Scorpio doubly so. Scorpio doesn't understand how Gemini can be two personas in one body.
- These two can, however, find great chemistry and passion when alone together. They can both be sensual.
Scorpios find Geminis both flattering and preposterous. Gemini may feel threatened by Scorpio's advances or will push Scorpio's buttons to help make things more wild and intense.
Gemini is friendly and social. Scorpio will be amused when Gemini mimics them, as Scorpio's ego is big enough that such a mirroring will be taken as a huge compliment. Scorpio may also feel threatened and see it as competition.
Gemini will constantly shift gears and have to shake off its disguises, so it may also elude the Scorpio who just wants to understand Gemini, but Gemini doesn't really fit into a shell like other zodiacs.
Scorpio should just accept Gemini instead of try to understand all the little nuances. Gemini is a great actor to the point they get lost in the act. Scorpio is more like a rock musician waiting to light things on fire and scream a heavy metal ballad while also flipping off everyone in the crowd. These two will definitely make for an interesting pair. They could be very passionate and deeply in love. They also could be very destructive and devolve their relationship into passionate fights.
This relationship coupling is wild and fairly nonsensical. Neither party is really getting what they want, at least not naturally. This will stretch both people's horizons. Scorpio is looking for someone they can merge with: they want to combine and feel like one person.
Gemini is looking for a twin flame. Gemini is obsessed with duality; they as an individual want to be a unit of two. You're dating both Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde when you pair up with a Gemini.
Scorpio might feel like they're constantly dating a new person — which is either a good or bad thing depending on the Scorpio.
Gemini wants someone who can help untangle them. They're constantly getting lost in intricate thought webs. Geminis often turn to Aquarius for a relationship; the fixed air sign understands how to work with thoughts.
Scorpio also turns to Aquarius because it wants to crack the code on Aquarius and figure out why the two of them feel so similar yet so different. That's a story for another day. (They're square signs, to put it simply.)
When the Ravenclaw and the Slytherin Date
Perhaps the best way I can explain this pairing is through Harry Potter.
- The Gemini is a classic Ravenclaw. He likes riddles, logic, clarity, and communication. He acts like a bird zipping from thought to thought. He loves a world in different colors and excitements.
- The Scorpio is drawn to the Slytherin household. She is serious, moody, cunning, jealous, and swims like an octopus from one point to the next.
If you can imagine a relationship between those two kind of students it would be something like this:
- The Ravenclaw wants to study and solve riddles while the Slytherin wants to craft dark potions or mischief.
- Ravenclaw has its head in a book while Slytherin paints a masterpiece. Ravenclaw understands the art, but may struggle to create it. Slytherin doesn't understand the art but knows how to create it.
- The Ravenclaw may have multiple opportunities on its plate and may get carried away with all the opportunities. The Slytherin focuses on where it excels and drops whatever doesn't work.
- Slytherin focuses on potions and the dark arts. Ravenclaw focuses on charms and history.
- Slytherin can be a loner, distant, explosive, a misfit, and cunning. Ravenclaw is a genius, often introverted, detailed, high-performing, and brilliant.
- Slytherin enjoys twisted things that others would forbid. Ravenclaw finds herself lost in an adventure of her own design.
- Ravenclaw prefers the light, the air, the breeze, new knowledge, and a good pun. Slytherin likes a dirty joke and broods over it for an endless amount of time.
- Ravenclaw is someone who gets into an Ivy league school. Slytherin is someone who gets into an arts school or into medicine.
- Ravenclaw forgets to eat because he studies so much. Slytherin is willing to hunt for food.
A Gemini and a Scorpio coming together is like a bird dating a fish. The world needs all kinds of strange pairings in it, so don't run away screaming if you're concerned about your fishy-bird relationship.
How Do They Find Common Ground?
Gemini and Scorpio will likely converge at their vices. Gemini and Scorpio can be open with each other about how they are awful people and not be ruined by the notion that they're total sinners... or simply just humans.
Gemini is a genius. He is often lazy. He barely has to lift a finger to set things in motion. He doesn't have to study for tests. He reaps from the rewards of Aries and Taurus who worked really hard to setup spring.
Meanwhile, Scorpio is the queen of Halloween. She thrives on the fall season and everything that's broken and fallen. She is the Queen of the Dead.
- All spring signs make for strange partners for Scorpio.
- Spring signs are about spreading life, they're youthful, and they're excited easily. Scorpio, meanwhile, deals with thoughts about death. She is abundantly existential. She doesn't care about trivial, whimsical nonsense.
Scorpio knows it is taking the heat out of everything and making things cooler, which in a way to Gemini seems like a threat. Gemini is all about maintaining and enjoying the flowers — Scorpio is all about slashing and ripping apart the garden until you're left with only what is real and true. These two can be at odds with each other.
These two have drastically different perspectives, perhaps more so than Taurus and Scorpio. Gemini is in its head and wants to lead from ideas; Scorpio is in its root chakra and wants to lead from passion.
- Gemini likes to start things but not finish them.
- Scorpio has an insane amount of focus. They may only accomplish one big thing in their lifetimes — but it will be perfect and grandeur.
- Gemini doesn't like to sacrifice. He likes to hoard. He likes to survive and linger.
- Scorpio is the sign of the phoenix and is drawn toward sacrifice.
The best way for these two to connect: humor. Gemini will come at humor with wit, sarcasm, and riddles. Scorpio is even more sarcastic. Scorpio is dark and twisted. Humor is likely what brings these two together.
Tips for Gemini and Scorpio
1. Scorpio needs to be flexible. This pairing will open up your mind and your humor, but you can't let your expectations drive you out of the relationship.
2. Gemini needs to say what they really think and be vulnerable. This relationship is good for you because you struggle to express your emotions. You bottle up how you feel. You throw out your emotions in fits of rage or long, unnecessary rants.
3. Scorpio needs to accept that they can't control Gemini. You have to let this person be himself / herself and do what they want and need. It won't always fit your expectations so perfectly. Your relationship is not one of those color-by-the-number books. This is a coloring book with scribbles all over it and colors outside the lines.
4. Gemini needs to listen to Scorpio and be serious sometimes. You can't always make a wisecrack to save the moment.
5. Gemini needs to be careful of Scorpio's feelings and ego. Be gentle, don't puncture old wounds. Have a sense of emotional boundaries.
6. Scorpio needs to be as loyal to Gemini as it expects Gemini to be loyal to it. Don't seek attention outside of the relationship.
7. Gemini is not your loyal subject, Scorpio. They are your equal. Seeing them as your equal will help you to stop trying to manipulate them. When you try to manipulate a Gemini, more odd performances and strangeness will come out of him.
8. Both people need to watch their ego.
9. The two of you are both prone to some inappropriate behavior. Communicate before you commit some mischief.
10. Stop trying to impress everyone and just impress yourselves.
Quick Glance at Gemini and Scorpio
May 21 - June 20
October 23 - November 21
Middle of Fall
Arms and Shoulders
Communication, Logic, Intelligence
Competition, Aggression, Instinct
Yin or Yang
© 2019 Andrea Lawrence
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on February 18, 2020:
Thank you! I appreciate your readership.
JC Scull from Gainesville, Florida on February 11, 2020: