What Are Angels
Angels are all around us, and most likely you have seen one at least once in your life. The Bible says In Hebrews 13: 2, "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels".
The Bible is full of angels from Genesis to Revelation. They are messengers, helps and warriors. They were created by God to help Him run the universe. They have a free choice just like we do and can laugh, cry and feel all the emotions that we experience.
Angles have been described as moving as fast as lightning. (Ezekiel 1:14) They can move faster than light and are invisible to us unless they want to be seen. If our eyes could be opened to see into this unseen dimension we would be surprised at all the activity that is going on all around us.
Evil angels came from heaven. Lucifer used to be the leader of the angels and became jealous and wanted the same authority as God. He wanted his position but not His character. God's character is love, but Lucifer did not want this. He slowly convinced about a third of the angels in heaven that God was withholding something good from them. That his way was better than God's. He introduced selfishness. No one had seen selfishness before and did not understand the evil that it was. In heaven, the rule was love and putting others first. Lucifer introduced the notion of putting themselves first and that God was mean to require love.
God could have destroyed Lucifer with a thought, but He knew that if He did this no one would understand why. The other beings in the universe would not understand if Lucifer was destroyed and the seeds of sin would crop up elsewhere. Sin is the transgression of God's law of love. (1 John 3:4 KJV) Lucifer sinned in that he broke this law of love. He lied to the other angels to convince them that his way was best.
At first, God reasoned with Lucifer and tried to turn him away from the path of ruin, but he refused to listen. Finally, the rebellion got so bad that Lucifer (who became Satan), and all the angels that joined him were cast out of heaven. (Revelation 12:7) They were cast to the earth but could not go anywhere but had to stay at the tree of good and evil. It was not until Adam and Eve sinned that the evil angels had free rein of the earth.
Now we are all involved in a battle of good and evil. The evil angels are still beautiful and will do all they can to lie and trick us to go against God.
Some humans openly worship Satan. He tells them that he will do wonderful things for them. And he does, for a while. At first, you might get riches or fame or even be able to fly. But finally he will become an evil tyrant over you and you will long to be free. Since God is stronger, your only escape is to go to Him.
Beware of Angels
Seven Angels with Seven Trumpets.
God On Trial
Now God is on trial in front of the whole universe. Our world is the lesson book so that everyone can learn which way is better. God's way or Satan's. God had to let Satan develop his way of living so all the universe can see which way is best. Selfishness or love. However, God did not leave us to Satan's cruelty. Jesus came down and became a man so that he could redeem us. He will rescue all who want to follow him and be saved. When Jesus went to the cross He took every person that ever lived with Him so that all their sins would be paid for. (Galatians 2:20)
The wages (or result) of sin is death. (Romans 6:23) This second death (Revelation 21:8) is the one that Jesus paid for in order that we can all be saved. In Christ, we are all legally justified and there is no reason why anyone can't be saved except that they don't want God's rule of love to govern their lives.
The rule of love is the 10 Commandments. The first 4 tell us how to love God and the last 6 is show how to love our fellow humans.
- Do not worship or bow down to angels. God's angels will always stop you from worshiping them. An evil angel would enjoy it. This would be a way to test any angel visit. (Revelation 22:9)
- Never try to communicate with angels. Go straight to God. If you try to communicate with them you might interest an evil angel who will come and try to trick you.
- Angels are assigned to you. Unless you totally reject God, an angel is watching over you. (Matthew 18:10) (Psalm 91: 9-13) This does not mean you will never have any troubles. No, this angel is there to sometimes strengthen you to go through the trouble.
- Angels are not dead people. This is a trick of Satan. One of his angels will masquerade as your dear departed loved one and seem very friendly. But be warned this that evil angel will subtlety lead you away from God. (Ecclesiastes 9:5)
- If you get a visit from a good angel they will tell you not to be afraid and calm you. (Matthew 28:5) If an angel comes to you and does not tell you this, you can test him by praising God. A good angel will not be able to help himself and will join in the praise. They love God so much that they adore Him and praise Him whenever they can.
- Evil angels will always lead you away from the Bible. "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20 "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14