Has a degree in Education from DLSU - Manila, a former academician and published writer.
Psalm 83 War to happen after Harpazo?
When will the Rapture (the catching away of the church) or Harpazo take place? Before or after Psalm 83 War?
Psalm 83 War speaks of a great war that will be launched against Israel by its neighboring countries or surrounding neighbors. These are the nations who want to annihilate or wipe out Israel from the Middle East. It is written in Psalm 83:4;
"Come," they say, "let us destroy them as a nation, so that Israel's name is remembered no more."
These countries form an alliance against Israel. They share a common goal, that is to annihilate Israel. They are the descendants of the Edomites, Ishmaelites, Moabites, Byblos, Hagrites, Ammonites, Amalekites, people of Philistia and Tyre and the Assyrians.
Verse 5 says, "with one mind they plot together, they form an alliance against you."
Psalm 83 speaks not only of a physical war or the military confrontation between Israel and its neighbors, it speaks of another war, a spiritual war.
It is written in Psalm 83:3,
"With cunning they conspire against your people, they plot against those you cherish."
That is what written in New International Version, King James Version writes this way,
"They have taken crafty counsel against thy people and consulted against thy hidden ones."
Chuck Missler, one of the best prophecy expositor whom I respect much speculates "hidden ones" refer to the "raptured saints" or believers in Christ who are caught up. This speculation is done by Missler after close examination of the Scripture. This is an implication that Harpazo will happen before Psalm 83 war if Chuck Missler is correct in his speculation. Revelation 12:7 speaks of a war that broke out in Heaven. Many watchmen believe that this war will take place after the Rapture. Could this spiritual war be somewhat related to Psalm 83:3?
Bringing our focus now on current events, a great military conflict is taking place between Israel and the forces of Hamas. It has also been reported that rockets have been fired towards Israel from Hezbollah (faction from the Northern region of Israel) and Lebanon. Seemingly there is a growing alliance against Israel.
I believe if this conflict will further escalate that will involve more neighboring nations of Israel, it may lead to the fulfillment of war depicted in Psalm 83. If we are indeed witnessing the onset of the Psalm 83 war, and chuck Misler's interpretation is right, thus Harpazo or the Rapture of the church must really be at hand or has become very imminent.
If the Rapture is indeed at hand it is about time to put our house in order. It is about time to be assured of our calling and election. A true believer in Christ possesses these essential attributes;
- He has a full realization of the depth of his depravity. He has fully realized and acknowledged his sinfulness before the Holy God. The Bible reveals much about man's depravity. It is written in Romans 3:10-12;
"As it is written, 'There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away , they have together become worthless, there is no one who does good, not even one."
Since birth, we never seek God nor try to know His will. All we seek are the things that will make us happy. Since birth we pursue for those things that will give us glory and happiness apart from living in the center of God's will. We live to possess the three big things of life, the pride of life, the lust of the eyes and the lust of the flesh.
- A true believer in Christ put his faith completely on Christ finished work on calvary. He accepts fully that this is the only sacrifice acceptable to God for the atonement of his sins and abandon all the sacrifices he is doing before.
Only in accepting Christ sacrifice on the cross, we will receive forgiveness from our sins and inherit eternal life. It is written in Romans 6:24;
"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Death here does not only refer to cessation of breath but it refers to the second death spoken in Revelation 21:8 which is the ultimate judgement, the Lake of Fire where all transgressors of God's commandments will be thrown.
"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars - they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
- A true believer has abanoned his sinful and worldly lifestye. A true believer has started repenting. Jesus says in the Gospel of John that He is the 'Light of the World' and anyone who believes in Him should not remain in darkness. A true believer has made that 180 degree turn from darkness to light. A true believer abides in the Light of Christ.
- A true believer has yielded his life to the Lordship of Christ. It is written in one of the epistles that Christ died for all that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died and rose again. He has ceased from satisfying the carnal cravings of his heart but has started to live to fulfill God's purposes for his life.
- A true believer has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit indwells the believer at the time of spiritual birth. This Spirit of God is a seal of God's ownership of that believer. The Spirit is given to us as a deposit guaranteeing our redemption. The Spirit of God leads us to all truth and righteousnes.