Peace Is The Very First Lesson Of Every Religion
In recent decades a huge change has been experienced among the masses about their religious believes. All groups and states have involved in blame game. Which is directly resulting into extremist thoughts. It is an obvious fact that when someone is going to blame someone's ideology the other person will retaliate. As it is easy to develop an idea but it is very difficult to change the ideology which develops, not in a single moment but in a long span of time. These wrong interpretations about religion have developed in various steps.
Misinterpretation In Societies By Judging The Acts Of Few
All groups and states have involved in blame game because of the wrong interpretation of religion. Which is directly resulting into extreme thoughts. These wrong interpretations about religion have developed slowly with devastating results.
- Before 1970's the major powers were involved in Cold War based on power. After the Soviets Invasion in the Afghan territory the Western power got threatened and they used different brands of Islam by importing them from different Muslim States, in order to win the political war. This political objective indirectly led to a level where the world started to hate the Islamic fundamentalism.
- After 9/11, the sad and very bad incident where many innocents lost their lives, the new phenomenon appeared regarding an extreme group who believed in suicide attacks. This group also used the tag of Islam for achieving their political and strategical objectives. The worst result of this was in the shape that most of west got threatened with the persons with beard (Muslims). One should keep in mind that beard is a part of Islam and it is not compulsory. Not Islam is the part of beard. Even a Christian or a Jew man can have the beard that does not define his ideology as a Muslim. There are few illiterate and religious novices who believe that killing innocents will take them to heavens after death.
- Later on, the Al-Qaida flew to Iraq from Afghanistan under the supervision of Abu-Musab Al-Zarqawi. Which transformed into the Islamic Sate. This further hyped the issue of hatred for Islam, defined by the few individuals. Their acts are strongly condemned not only by the Islamic scholars but also from many of the non-Muslim Professors from renowned universities.
Not Islam Or Any Other Religion Is To Be Blamed For What Few Masses Are Doing
- If Islam is the supporter, promoter and teacher of extreme ideologies then how it could be that out of 114 chapters of Quran 113 chapters start by saying God of mercy and compassion. Similarly in Bibbble Chapter number 3 verse 15 says "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts.....". Therefore, every religion is a promoter, supporter and teacher of peace and love. There exists military action in Religions but in a certain limited context, but few take this out of the context.
- If the action of few is to be blamed on religion then would it be right to say that Breenton Tarrant, who attacked on a mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, was an act promoted by his religion? The answer is no. It can not be the religion that forced his ideas. These acts are basically based on some personal issues, political matters or some strategical goals. This would be wrong and unethical to blame such acts on religion.
- I would like to quote the saying of Professor Robert Pape of University of Chicago, American leading expert on terrorism, who said that there is a little connection between suicide attacks and Islamic Fundamentalism or any of the world's religion. Rather nearly what all suicides attacks have in common is specific secular and strategic goal to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from territories that terrorists consider to be their home land.
- 93% of Muslims rejected the attacks of 9/11. But the irony is that the world started to believe the ideas of Islam defined by the 7% of extreme Muslims who begin to do extreme acts on some political and strategic goals.
At last, religion has nothing to do with terrorism, whether it is Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism or Judaism (or any other if I missed any). Terrorism has no religion. Religion always teaches to love and to cooperate for peace. This peace is ultimately the prosperity and progress. All those individual who promote extremism in the name of religion should be condemned. As they are the cause of hatred and war among humans in many cases.
Kamran on April 20, 2021:
Great Article. Really appreciate your working @Raja Adnan Afzal.
Nasir Ahmed on August 12, 2019:
Terrorism has no religion. True
Raja Adnan Afzal (author) from Rawalpindi, Pakistan on August 08, 2019:
@Nathanville Thanks for your feedback :-)
Arthur Russ from England on August 07, 2019:
Well said, and straight to the point.