Rev. Margaret Minnicks is an ordained Bible teacher. She writes many articles that are Bible lessons.
Who Are Evil People?
You might think evil people are only those who murder and steal. However, evil people are not limited to those who kill or take your possessions.
Evil people might be the ones sitting next to you in church sharing your Bible and hymn book. Evil people might be someone who carpools with you to work or someone who takes care of your kids when you are not at home
Evil people might be the ones who give you assignments to do at work, preach to you from the pulpit, or share the bed with you at night.
The first lesson to learn about evil people is that they are subtle, and you might not recognize who they are until they have hurt your feelings, damaged your reputation, or done something more serious to harm you. Discern the company you keep and those you come in contact with. They might be wolves in sheep clothing (Matthew 7:15).
Characteristics of Evil People
The world is full of evil people. Some of them are easy to spot, and some of them are not known until they get their grips into you to make your life miserable because their lives are miserable. The list below includes only a few of the characteristics of evil people.
- Evil people cause confusion and contention. They often withhold valuable information from others to make themselves look good and others look bad.
- Evil people are crafty, cunning, and good at fooling others. However, there is little or no fruit in their lives.
- Evil people have a habit of controlling and manipulating. They are not accountable to anyone except themselves. They think everybody is wrong and they are always right.
- Evil people choose who they can boss around. They prey on humble people.
- Evil people have no conscience and show no remorse after hurting others.
- Evil people are great pretenders. They act like they know it all and have done everything while demeaning what others have done.
- The goal of most evil people is to try to make others look bad because they think putting them down will elevate them.
- Evil people disguise themselves as something else just to get close to you and will turn whatever you tell them into something bad.
- Evil people lie, cheat, slander, and gossip about others.
- Evil people never apologize even when someone brings wrongdoings to their attention.
You Can't Get Away From Evil People
Some people might think the best way to get along with evil people is to stay away from them. While that might be a good suggestion, it is almost impossible because evil people are all around us. We don't look for them. They find us.
Being Around Evil People
Anything or anyone that is evil is defined as profoundly immoral, wicked, sinful, and mean. Even though we prefer not to be around evil people, we often come in contact with them. We are around evil people on our jobs, in our schools, in our communities, and while it is hard to believe, we come in contact with evil people in own families and in our churches.
Since we can't avoid all evil people, we have to learn to live with them, work with them, and worship with them. How, then, do we deal with evil people? Are there some lessons we can learn from them, and are there some lessons they can learn from us?
How To Respond To Evil People
Keep some things in mind when it comes to evil people.
- You should learn from evil people that the fault lies with them and not with you. You should not think something is wrong with you just because someone is mean to you.
- Even though people are mean to you, you do not have to be mean to them. If they are mean to you and you become mean to them, you have stooped to their level which makes you no better than they are.
- It is extremely hard to do, but if you can, tune out mean people and ignore them during those times when they put you down.
- Catch the evil person off guard by treating them with kindness. The evil person will become confused by your adverse behavior to them.
- Stand up for yourself. Your action might inspire other people to stand up to the mean person. This will cause them to refrain from being mean to you and to everyone else.
Quote About Evil People
- How to Handle Personal Attacks
No one wants to be attacked by words and deeds from people who do not like them and want to ruin their reputation. Unfortunately, it happens all the time from people's own family, co-workers, church, and inner circle.
- How to Deal With Hurtful Things People Say to You
No matter who we are, someone is going to say something that hurts our feelings whether intentionally or unintentionally. There are ways we can deal with hurtful things that are said to us.
Duncan Mutokaa From Kenya on September 18, 2019:
I want to know more om how to deal with these Evil people
UBOKUDOM JOSEPH on October 23, 2017:
I want to know how to treat evil people
Evelyn Dudley facebook page on October 18, 2017:
There is one person at work that I trained and I thought we got on well. About a year or so later, she wouldn't talk to me. Narked on me to the boss about stupid little things, and always blamed me for things that went wrong. I don't know what I'd done to upset her, but this was getting me down. So just recently I decided to forget about all that and just act as if nothing was wrong. Bring up conversations with her that didn't just require a one word answer, then strangely enough, it's turned things around and she's actually talking to me again. One day I might get a reason for her strange behaviour towards me.