What does an Ascendant in Capricorn Reveal?
Capricorn is the tenth sign of the Zodiac, and is an earth sign. Those with an Ascendant in Capricorn are disciplined, structured, and strict. They usually succeed in life by working hard and climbing up the ranks, and are very generous to those less fortunate. They speak with intellectually and eloquently, always trying to get their point across in a persuasive, yet correct manner. Capricorn Ascendant people often suffer from low self esteem and feel the need to compensate by working and studying hard. They are intelligent, responsible, and financially savvy. Free from naïveté, they need things to be proven to them before they believe. They are the skeptics of the Zodiac.
Regarding career, a person with Capricorn rising is generally in a position of authority. They do well in the fields of law, politics, and entertainment, (not so much as an entertainer, but as a director or other high position). They are natural born leaders and like to take charge while at work. Those who were born at a time when the Capricorn was rising in the eastern sky have a structured and well disciplined home life. Their children will be raised in a strict manner, and will need to follow a tight schedule. They look to their spouses for emotional support and encouragement. They see their life partners as a form of refuge from the cold, hard world they exist in. Home is the place to relax for the Capricorn Ascendant.
The Capricorn Glyph
More About Capricorn From Mmargie1966:
- How to Understand a Capricorn Moon Sign
If structure is what you want, a serious Capricorn Moon sign is just your type. See how a Capricorn Moon sign differs from one's Sun sign.
- Understanding a Capricorn Woman
- How to Understand a Capricorn Man
So you've met a Capricorn man. There are a few things you may want to be aware of before you become friends or anything else.
Famous People With Capricorn Rising
- Abraham Lincoln – Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Capricorn
- Queen Elizabeth II – Sun in Taurus and Moon in Leo
- Bob Dylan – Sun in Gemini and Moon in Taurus
- Clark Gable – Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Cancer
- Paul Newman – Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Pisces
- Ilka Chase – Sun in Aries and Moon in Taurus
- Liberace – Sun in Taurus and Moon in Sagittarius
- Dustin Hoffman – Sun in Leo and Moon in Virgo
- Gabe Kaplan – Sun in Aries and Moon in Scorpio
- Susan Sarandon – Sun in Libra and Moon in Capricorn
- John Belushi – Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Sagittarius
- Gloria Estefan – Sun in Virgo and Moon in Sagittarius
- Stephen Schnetzer – Sun in Gemini and Moon in Leo
- Roberto Benigni – Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Aquarius
- Judd Hirsch – Sun in Pisces and Moon in Leo
- Leslie Nielsen – Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Aquarius
- Michaelangelo – Sun in Pisces and Moon in Pisces
- Rhea Pearlman – Sun in Aries and Moon in Sagittarius
- Sophia Loren – Sun in Virgo and Moon in Aquarius
- Michael Richards – Sun in Leo and Moon in Cancer
- Patrick Stewart – Sun in Cancer and Moon in Scorpio
- Tom Jones – Sun in Gemini and Moon in Gemini
- George Segal – Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Aquarius
- Marie Curie – Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Pisces
- Spencer Tracy – Sun in Aries and Moon in Gemini
- Telly Savalas –Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Cancer
Astrology has been an interest and hobby of mine for decades. Although I am not a professional Astrologer, I still have a tremendous amount of knowledge about the subject. I hope you learned something from reading my hub, and at the very least were entertained. Below is an area for comments. I invite you to take advantage of the opportunity to voice your opinion. Thank you.
If you would like to read more, please visit my home page at Mmargie1966.hubpages.com for more hubs on Astrology. There are other interesting topics on my page as well, including pieces on family and relationships, health and drugs, psychology, and some fabulous recipes.
Anam on February 28, 2014:
Your Moon sign does play a role in love, but not near as much as your Venus sign because Venus cotrnols how you love. Venus in Aquarius people are a bit detached when it comes to love, but that doesn't mean they don't love you. They just don't always show it.