Over three decades ago I become interested in the Bible, having drank from the heavenly cup once, I have not been tired to drink more
As the physician Luke states in his Gospel that “Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, that thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.” (Luk 1:1-4) It also seems good to me to write something about the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
I will be using the gospel according to saint John for this article. In this article I wish to show us about fifteen points to make us understand the title of my article very well.
Definition of Doubt
Doubt in Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary is defined as feeling of being uncertain about something or not believing something.
However Hebrew and Greek words have the following meanings for the word doubt.
Doubt in Hebrew is “תּלא” when romanticized it is tâlâ' (phonetic spelling is taw-law') which means to be uncertain, to be bent. In Greek we found these words associated with doubt “διστάζω” which when romanticized is distazō (dis-tad'-zo) which means to waver in opinion and “διακρίνω” when romanticized it is diakrinō (phonetic spelling is dee-ak-ree'-no) which means to oppose, contend, stagger, judge, waver.
This article is thence designed to show how someone’s doubt eventually clarifies and answers all doubts of people the world over.
Resurrection A Mystery
Resurrection in Greek word is “ἀνάστασις” which when romanticized becomes anastasis (pronounced as an-as'-tas-is) which means moral recovery, raised to life again, rise from the dead.
Mystery in Greek is “μυστήριον” when romanticized it is mustērion (pronounced as moos-tay'-ree-on) which means a secret. Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary however defines mystery as something that is difficult to explain or understand.
It is because the resurrection of Jesus Christ is difficult for human minds to comprehend therefore there have been many controversies and issues raised about this. Many people do not believe this is possible thence have raised some points to support their assertions.
His Doubt, Clarifies All Doubts
Some of the Postulations of people
I will want to state here some of the assertions of people and or the questions raised to suggest or show that such is not possible.
1. Can He Really Resurrect? – This is one of the questions being raised by those who doubt the resurrection of Christ, they will say can he resurrect? They ask this question because such has never happened before.
2. Was He the Person Killed? – Many people believed he cannot be killed because of the enormous power he wields thence they will ask was he really the person killed? They also buttress this question and assertion of theirs’ by stating that on several occasions was he arrested and he will walked through their midst without them having power to do anything to him (Joh. 7:30, 7:44, 8:59; 10:39; Luk. 4:29-30)
“And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
“But he passing through the midst of them went his way,” (Luk. 4:29-30)
3. He Was Not Arrested: Some have been saying that Jesus was not arrested that he could not be arrested because of the power he has.
4. He Can Manipulate Things: The power he has was so great that he can manipulate things, and when people thought they have arrested him he had used his power to make things happen, bringing someone who has the same physique as him to the scene to be arrested, they will say.
5. He Disappeared: Some do say he disappeared when he was being cornered by the people sent by the rulers of the land of his days.
6. Have You Seen Such Happen Before? – Some ask that have you seen such happen before that someone after being killed resurrected from the dead? Since such has never happened before, he cannot happen with him it is all a fallacy put together by people, his disciples to make people believe in him.
These and several other questions and postulations are being uttered by people the world over to water down and or negate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
In the next article I shall continue with the explanation of this topic.