DREAMS OF FLYING
One common dream that men and women commonly have is a dream of flying. At one time or another, we have all wished that we had the ability to fly in the sky. Realistically, we are not able to fly. Yes, we can fly in an airplane and other equipment, but it is not the same as flying with our body. When we dream of flying, in most cases, it is a very liberating feeling. In most cases, flying dreams are positive, but some flying dreams can leave the feeling of fear in the dreamer.
When it comes to flying dreams, there are a variety of different variations to this dream. For example, you may have a flying dream where you were able to fly high in the sky. Perhaps, you had a flying dream where you flew low to the ground or even backwards. In order to understand what your flying dream means, you need to remember everything about your dream that you can. With flying dreams, you need to remember how you were flying, how you felt while flying, and everything that you saw while flying. Once you know this, you can now begin interpreting your flying dream below.
GET THE MEANINGS OF ALL YOUR DREAMS
FLYING DREAM MEANINGS
Now that you know everything that you dreamed about while flying, you can now begin to interpret your flying dream. Most men and women that have flying dreams describe the dream as a "new found sense of freedom." Flying dreams usually leave both sexes feeling happy and joyful. Since there is a variety of variations to flying dreams, it can be interpret in many ways. This is why it is so important to remember every aspect of your flying dream.
- If you felt relaxed and at ease in your flying dream, this can symbolize that you have your priorities of life in order. This symbolizes that you are on top of situations that are involved in your life. Feeling this way in your flying dream can also represent your perspectives on life. either new or old. In general, this represents that your on top of things in your life. If you have total control flying in your dream, it is a symbol of your own personal sense of power.
- If you had trouble flying in your dream, it symbolizes that you are lacking the ability to control your own issues in life. Feeling this way in your flying dream may represent that you are struggling to stay on top of things in your life. This type of feeling in your dream may also suggest that you are on the wrong path now in your life. There may be someone or something in your way of accomplishing what you need to accomplish in your life at this present time. You may also be lacking self-confidence. You need to identify these things in your life and set things right.
- If you feel fear or anxiety in your flying dream, this can represent that you are afraid of something in your life. This can symbolize that you are scared of a challenge or even success. Feeling fear or anxiety in your flying dream can be from flying too high or flying too fast. It may represent that you are scared to take a risk or that you are taking too many risk at the current time. Overall, feeling fear in your flying dream suggest that you are not ready to take something on in life. Once again, think about your current situation and find that obstacle in your life.
FLYING DREAM QUESTIONS AND MORE MEANINGS
Asking the right questions can be just as important as remembering every aspect of your dream in order to correctly interpret your flying dream. Here are a few questions that you need to ask yourself.
- How did I feel when I was flying?
- Was I scared, carefree, or happy?
- What did I see when I was flying?
- Was I flying high, down, or backwards?
- Was it stormy or sunny?
- Was it easy to fly or difficult?
- Was it hard to fly in the sky?
- Was it hard to take off?
Each one of these questions can influence the overall meaning of your flying dream. This is why it is so important to try to recall every aspect of your dream when doing your own dream interpretation.
When it comes to flying dreams as mentioned above, there are several different meanings and associations. You can find more meanings of flying dreams below.
- If you dream of flying over murky water, it represents that there are enemies around you. Beware of your surroundings and so called friends.
- If you dream that you see the sun while flying, this suggest that your current worries and troubles are nothing. Don't worry about the little concerns.
- If you dream that you are flying and then you fall, this denotes that you may fall down in life. You should pay close attention to everything that is around you.
- If you dream that you are flying up, this represents that you have a new level of spirituality.
- If you dream that you are flying low to the ground, this represents determination and strength. However, to some, this is a symbol of sickness that will soon pass.
- If you dream that you are flying backwards, this represents that you are too busy living in the past. Good memories are ok, but remember, you can't live in the past.
Remember, flying dreams are a very common dream that men and women have. Due to this, there are many different meanings from all associations. If you believe in dream interpretation, remember to try your best to remember all aspects of your dream. You also need to make sure that you ask the right questions and recall everything from your current life situation. If you do this, you will have a better chance at finding exactly what you dream foretells.
MORE DREAM INTERPRETATION
- ANGEL DREAMS
- CHASE DREAMS
- DEATH DREAMS
- FALLING DREAMS
- KISSING DREAMS
- LOST DREAMS
- SNAKE DREAMS
- TORNADO DREAMS
Anusha Jain from Delhi, India on August 22, 2018:
Whoa! That's quite an interpretation. This was a great read, particularly because it made me happy - a dreamy flier. It's actually awesome and liberating whenever I dream this particular dream. Great hub!
greatjhon on November 12, 2015:
one day i saw a dream at night and flying over the world and i was no imprtion in my mind so i saw a dream very intersting and much more intersting
Richard Ricky Hale (author) from West Virginia on September 18, 2013:
Moonlake, thanks for the comment. Personally, I remember flying in my dreams a few times. Can't recall if life was well at that time or not, but I remember the dream. Plane crash dreams, interesting. I would think that this would symbolize emotions of fear or regret. Possibly brought on by a troubled situation in your life.
moonlake from America on September 16, 2013:
I don't think I have ever had a dream of flying. Plane crashes I dream about. Interesting hub voted up and shared.
Richard Ricky Hale (author) from West Virginia on August 10, 2013:
Brenda, Gail, Precy, thanks for your comments and everything in between, it's greatly appreciated. Brenda, it could point to many different things. All our dreams relate to our waking life and are emotions in our waking life. This may be a sign that your trying to run from something or fly away from something in your waking life. You may be trying to shake old emotions or feelings of guilt. The police can symbolize that you're trying to escape authority or commitment.
precy anza from USA on February 28, 2013:
I love flying dreams! They are my favorite :) And when I wake up in the morning, it's just that feeling of excitement, somehow feeling light and that as if I could still feel the wind in my face when I closed my eyes. ^-^' Voted up and shared!
Gail Sobotkin from South Carolina on November 01, 2012:
What a cool hub! I love working with my dreams and interpreting them and you have written a great primer for anyone interested in learning specifically what flying dreams mean.
Also, the same questions can be asked in a general way about other types of dreams.
Voted up across the board except for funny.
Hub Hugs & Love,
Congrats on having more than a million page views!!!!!! That is truly an awesome achievement!!!!
So good to see that all your hard work, especially in the niche about tattoos is paying off.
brenda on October 13, 2012:
i had a dream last night that i was flying ,, but i was in a mall trying to get away from the police,at frist i kept hidding then i told my self that they was not going to get me,, that's when i started to fly in the air,, i could see everyone below me looking at me,, then my flying got to be lower ,, but for some reason, i woke up,, but very afraid, shaken cold and very scared to back to sleep, so what does this mean,,
Richard Ricky Hale (author) from West Virginia on September 29, 2012:
I am so far behind so I apologize for the late reply. As we all get older, it is harder to remember our dreams. Some people feel that they can regain this gift from their childhood, "remembering dreams." I am 29 and I don't remember many of my dreams. However, my wife is 25 and she remembers them very well.
Deb Hirt from Stillwater, OK on August 23, 2012:
This is pretty interesting. I recall having flying dreams as a kid, but now, for the most part, I rarely recall my dreams, unless they are really off the wall.
Ruby Jean Richert from Southern Illinois on August 23, 2012:
I was thinking like Billy, where's the tattoo? Ha. This is a great article. I love reading about other's dreams and their meaning. I have never dreamed of flying but falling yes. Great read Ricky. Thank's...
BeyondMax from Sydney, Australia on August 23, 2012:
Awe, how loved this one, Ricky! Great job getting all the meanings together! Those cheeky dreams...
Lightshare on August 23, 2012:
-) really interesting !!
Martin Kloess from San Francisco on August 22, 2012:
Thank you for this. Now that I can somewhat control my dreams, fly and falling are 2 of many things I like to do.
Aurelio Locsin from Orange County, CA on August 22, 2012:
I'll have to consider my dream flying in light of your explanations. It sounds a bit bizarre but I can fly at will in my dreams by just running my feet very fast. It's one of the ways I know I'm dreaming. Voting this Up and Interesting.
Faith Reaper from southern USA on August 22, 2012:
If I could just remember my dreams. I wake up and remember it for about a minute, and my thought is always, "Wow, that was a strange dream." And then when I go back to sleep and wake up again, I cannot remember a thing about the dream, other than it was so strange, but then again, I believe all dreams are strange. I do have just one dream that I have remembered ever since a child, and it was a dream about being chased, and I could not run fast, and I was running in slow motion, and to this day, I can remember how I felt when I woke up, just so aggravated about not being able to run faster. I do not remember any flying dreams, but I am sure I had them. Very interesting hub. God bless. In His Love, Faith Reaper
Thomas Silvia from Massachusetts on August 22, 2012:
Hi my friend, very interesting and informative hub, i always wanted to know what flying dreamers meant.
Well done and vote up and more !!!
Frank Atanacio from Shelton on August 22, 2012:
very good doctor..yeah.. very interesting do you feel like Freud? Voted awesome and interesting
Peter Geekie from Sittingbourne on August 22, 2012:
Thank you thelyricwriter,
It is a dream that I have from time to time and always leaves me feeling relaxed and liberated. Pity I can't influence my dreaming to have it more often.
Kind regards Peter
Linda from Texas on August 21, 2012:
Very interesting. I never gave it much thought but I do have dreams of flying. The reason I didn't think much about it is because I always fall or have trouble flying, so it seems like falling. I've always thought I was having falling dreams, but based on your hub, I was wrong!
I don't dream this very often so I'm wondering if the dreams tie in with events in my life where I have felt out of control....? I'll have to make a mental note and see what is going on the next time I dream this.
Thanks for sharing this, very informative and thought provoking!
Brenda Kyle from Blue Springs, Missouri, USA on August 21, 2012:
Great additional meanings. My understanding is it's an out of body experience you have become aware of. I always feel spiritually higher after those dreams.
Bill Holland from Olympia, WA on August 21, 2012:
I kept looking for the tattoo....LOL
Interesting hub! In all honesty, my biggest problem is I can't remember my dreams. I will wake up knowing that I had a dream, but most times I have no idea what it was....or I'll get distracted before I can write it down, and then I forget it. Frustrating at times.
Anyway, I enjoyed this hub and found it very interesting.