Andrea has been an online writer for 8+ years. She mostly writes about dating, couples, weddings, travel, interior design, and gardening.
A Scorpio and a Libra Romance
A Scorpio and a Libra romantic pairing is kismet. The two are neighbors in the zodiac, and they both bring a certain passionate side to the table that helps keep the romance alive.
This is one of the better water and air sign pairings. Where Scorpio is consumed by deep moving emotions, Libra is all about harmony, balancing-acts, and good vibes.
These two will understand each other in a way that excites others. They are always trying to have fun and to spice things up. They're likely to travel together, try risky business ventures, or go to restaurants with peculiar menus.
- Scorpio likes Libra's creative streak, her constant quest for enlightenment, and her noticeably whimsical ways.
- Libra is fascinated by Scorpio's edginess, his passionate ways, and his cool demeanor. Libras are known to be procrastinators. They find someone who is driven to be exciting and frightening.
When Two Fall Signs Fall in Love
Scorpio and Libra are both fall signs. Libra is the 7th House and Scorpio is the 8th House. The two signs observed Aries through Virgo, and when fall finally arrives they feel like the show is finally here. They find Aries through Virgo somewhat dull, too contained, predictable, and childish.
Libra wants to bring balance into the Zodiac. Libra is in the middle of the cycle; she wants to see fairness, beauty, and charm actualized into the world.
Libra is a beautiful time of year; it's the warmer part of fall from September 23rd to October 23rd. For the northern hemisphere, this often is the best time of year weather wise. More and more people are getting married in this time frame.
Libra isn't partial to people but instead wants everyone to get along. This may drive Scorpio crazy who requires loyalty, commitment, and togetherness.
Scorpio will not take on a partner who doesn't see them as number one. Libra will have to give more time than usual to their romantic partner and less to all their social acquaintances.
Libra and Scorpio Can Both be Loners
Libra can be a bit of a loner at times if she gets burned out from socializing. She can get really stuck in her feelings, so it might actually be good for her to partner up with Scorpio who can give her guidance about the emotions that elude her.
Libras are full of wit, thought, and logic, so they sometimes don't know how to properly process their emotions. Libras can be surprisingly emotional, like a volcano of emotion.
The cardinal air sign wants to be warm to everyone, and she feels a lot of pressure to do so. They hate when they are rude to another because they want to exude charisma. It's a sin to Libra to sour a social connection.
Scorpio is from October 23rd to November 21st. They're often described as being intense, magnetic, successful, idiosyncratic, dangerous, and passionate. They'll like a Libra because Libras are often desirable people with great charm.
The fixed water sign will also like the more sweet and whimsical nature of a Libra. Scorpio sometimes gets too competitive with similar ego-driven signs like Aries, Taurus, Leo, and other Scorpios. Scorpio is a magical sign and can see things beyond the norm. They have a vibrant creative side to them, and prefer someone who is open-minded. It's this quest for someone who is open-minded that often lands a Scorpio into a relationship with an air sign.
Scorpio Attracts Air Signs
Scorpio likes air signs but can be really confused by them. The Scorpio and Aquarius connection could be a whole library to itself because Scorpios are often deeply confused by them. Scorpio and Aquarius as fixed signs can really make each other crazy because they're both stubborn and don't really understand why they're attracted to each other. That's a saga for another day.
Libra and Scorpio benefit from both being fall signs. In this way, they have a more similar perspective on life and a more similar energy than a Gemini + Scorpio, Aquarius + Scorpio... or a Pisces + Libra... and Cancer + Libra types of connections.
Intensity + Whimsy
Scorpio is the most intense water sign. They are a fixed sign, and they have volumes of emotion that they process. Scorpio is expressed in multiple symbols in part to break down the complexity of the zodiac with its range of emotions.
- Scorpio first starts as the snake crawling on its belly, processing things as it goes along and is often unapproachable. You don't bother with a slithering, venomous snake.
- Then the Scorpio evolves to the scorpion, which is a faster moving critter but highly dangerous and ready to attack its foes. . . it's not really super kind to its romantic partner either.
- Ultimately, Scorpio is on track to become the Phoenix, which is the most matured and powerful stage of the zodiac. It's hard to consistently stay in the energy of the Phoenix. The mythical bird is sacrificial, it's a powerful healer, and one of the greatest friends a person could ever have.
- Scorpio can't stay in the Phoenix state 24-7 without some serious growth and enlightenment. Many Scorpios never rise to this kind of self-control and virtue. It takes a talented romantic partner to be with a Scorpio as they evolve (and de-evolve) throughout life.
Scorpio at their heart is a healer. The zodiac teaches about how we as humans are intended to evolve into become better healers. Scorpio doesn't have full understanding of his emotions or the magic within him. Scorpios are unstable in a way.
Scorpio as a Magical Person
Scorpio is one of the three magical signs with Aquarius and Pisces. Libra is one of the last signs to live in the first order that's about raising a child, coming of age, getting married, and the like. Libra is the midway point between the traditional formula for raising a family and living on earth, and the latter signs who are about the supernatural, the subconscious, and trying to connect with the divine.
Libra feels a lot of push and pull because they witness the power and real savage qualities of family, birth, and nature. Libra gets to see all of this played out in the seasons from Aries to Virgo.
Then Libra can peer into what's ahead which takes a ride into the supernatural, the cosmos, and the beyond. The first half of the Zodiac is nowhere near even thinking about death or what could lie beyond death, but Scorpio and the later signs are all consumed by the existential. Scorpio through Pisces are more likely to be described as old souls.
Libra is driven by her insight to see all the signs in the past, present, and future. Libra wants to balance all of that into one cohesive whole. She can overwhelm herself and feel drawn to one extreme or the other: completely adoration for nature or complete adoration for the cosmos. She should strive to appreciate and understand both.
Scorpio and Libra Cheat Sheet
Middle of Fall
Time of Year
Fall school semester, football games
September 23 to October 23
October 23 to November 22
Friendly, loving, sweet, creative, smart, original, weird, diverse, harmonizer, craves balance, charming
Passionate, loyal, intense, emotionally diverse, loner, driven by success, flirt
Sloth, anxiety, overwhelmed, peer pressure, drugs (including alcohol), indecisive
Depression, rage, brooding, power trip, loner, hyper about passions, existential crisis, despondent
Leader: likes to try new things, pushes boundaries, gets things started (not finished), open to possibility
Manager: excellent skills to take care of resources and amplify them, great with money, multitasking potential, strives to completion, success driven
Scorpio and Libra Together for the Long Haul
A Scorpio and Libra couple benefit from being consecutive signs — that means they’re neighbors in the zodiac.
They’ll feel some tension from Libra’s air and Scorpio’s water. Fortunately, since they’re not both fixed signs, this will help immensely.
Libra is a cardinal, so they like to set the stage, get things in motion, and start new projects. Scorpio as a fixed sign is stubborn, controlling, and laser-focused. Together these two can be a powerful force to get stuff done, to create meaningful movements, and help make the world a better place.
It’s important for Libra to see how they are outside the relationship and not to just get lost in it. Scorpio needs to give space, even if they really don’t want to do that. Scorpio wants a relationship that’s like two different water sources running into each other and for their to be no discernible separation.
Libra will require barriers. Some compromise here will be necessary for the sanity of the relationship. Libra doesn't want to feel smothered or like they're drowning. Scorpio doesn't want to feel abandoned.
Libra Needs to Work on Confrontation; Scorpio Needs to Slow Down
Libra needs to step up and talk and not just bury conflicts. I know of a Scorpio and Libra couple that didn’t talk out their problems until very close to their wedding date, and they ended up canceling their wedding and breaking up when they finally approached conflict.
You have to learn how to talk things out and allow yourselves to go to uncomfortable places in conversations. This will be hardest for Libra.
Problems don’t go away just because you don’t talk about them. Libra is really bad about this because of their persistence on harmony — this idealism can warp your perceptions and prevent you from being active about your life and surroundings.
Your idealism causes you to refuse to be realistic. Without approaching conflict, this will also lead to procrastination, potentially at dangerous levels, and this can lead to depression or anxiety.
Scorpio is someone who will approach conflict head-on, so it might confuse the Libra as to why their Scorpio is so blunt. This is going to be one of the hardest dynamics of the relationship to master.
Bonding through Creativity
Scorpio needs to invest heavily in a project with all their creativity. A Scorpio doesn’t do well to sit and do nothing with their talents. The water sign won’t sit and waste time for very long. They actively want to pursue their dreams and make a difference. They want to be useful and powerful. Libra will sacrifice power for harmony. If Scorpio can find a strong melody for Libra to blend with harmony, they’ll end up crafting something together that’s powerful.
Air and water sign relationships have great potential. They cover some of the most important bases in our lives from our emotions to our thoughts. These two will face depression and anxiety in their lives, so they’ll need to work hard to remedy these disorders. Remember: air is nourished by water. Scorpio helps manifest the creativity Libra has inside its soul. Consider the following examples in astrology:
- Gemini is considered the arms and shoulders. Cancer: the hands. The hands communicate and put the final touches into motion that the arms and shoulders cannot.
- Scorpio is the root chakra and Libra is the kidneys. Scorpio adds fire and circulation into Libra to make her active.
- Aquarius represents the ankles; Pisces represents the feet. The ankles give flexibility and dimension, but they're supported by the feet.
Scorpio is prone to depression and similar issues while Libra is more prone to anxiety. Scorpio needs to work through their sadness and gloominess. They need good support around them.
Libra needs help with her swirling thoughts that can be too many and too much. Scorpio can help Libra to slow down, to chill, and to not let the storm of life take control.
Common Themes in Libra and Scorpio Relationships
- The both of you are well suited for a weighted blanket!
- Drink lots of water and stay active.
- Scorpio should encourage Libra to get out and exercise.
- Libra should encourage Scorpio’s creativity.
- If the two of you can push to earn more money it’ll be easier to save.
- Scorpios tends to find and grow money, Libras tend to be hoarders and occasional binge spenders.
- Know your pocketbook just as much as your dreams and ambitions.
- Scorpio is ambitious and must chase after his goals.
- Libra must have friends. She is a social butterfly. She grows mentally and creatively by knowing people.
10 Tips for This Couple
- Scorpio: listen to Libra and give them your attention. If you don’t fully understand what they’re saying, listen, ask questions, and give lots of support.
- Libra needs to continue having friends outside the romantic relationship. Scorpio must offer trust. Libra needs to also have time for herself. She will go crazy if she is always around people.
- Scorpio needs to take things with a grain of salt and not so seriously.
- Libra needs to stick to plans and find an organizational rhythm, and she needs to do this desperately so. Don’t only rely on Scorpio’s precision. Create your focus now, not tomorrow. Stop delaying things. You don’t have forever. Stop being afraid of conflict.
- Compliments and flattery are good for Libra.
- Do things together. Keep your spark alive. Libra needs help addressing conflict, Scorpio needs help not taking things too hard. The two of you have the ability to balance each other out.
- Libra, sometimes things are about emotions and not trying to solve them .
- Scorpio, sometimes things are about creating spaces for friends and not just success or other pursuits.
- Holidays and traditions are good for the both of you and give you a kind of rhythm.
- Sleep regularly, eat well, and pamper yourselves. Basic practices will help this pairing to shine and grow.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2020 Andrea Lawrence