Andrea has been an online writer for 8+ years. She mostly writes about dating, couples, weddings, travel, interior design, and gardening.
Gemini + Capricorn
Gemini and Capricorn are very much opposites:
- Gemini is fast paced, lighthearted, and whimsical. She sometimes gets into trouble by being too sarcastic or joining movements that are offensive yet playful in nature.
- Capricorn is a hard worker. He retreats from the world as a survivalist hermit. He is one of the more serious signs.
- Gemini is a fast paced air sign almost always in thought.
- Capricorn is an earth sign who is more in their senses.
This relationship could be highly unusual for Gemini who likes to mimic and match her partner. This could open up the air sign to possibilities she previously never considered.
The air sign is also more akin to spring, flowers, sunshine, rain, energy, and youth. The harsh cold of winter in Capricorn could be very confusing and an odd thing for the Gemini to mimic.
The air sign isn’t used to seriousness, so she could be attracted to it because she doesn't fully understand it. This type likes to play, learn new hobbies, and go about chattering. Under a Capricorn guise, she could become more serious about her skills and more selective about her friends.
For Capricorn, having someone who is bright and all over the place could be threatening or charming.
Capricorn likes to set traditional goals: have a family, have a steady job, be somewhat normal, be praised for hard-work, and have a solid retirement fund. Gemini can get on board with this, but Gemini’s goals have more to do with epiphany, finding beauty, finding excellence, and solving larger than life quandaries.
What Exactly Is This Couple?
- Gemini will be the talker in this relationship; Capricorn will be the listener.
- Gemini will start new ventures; Capricorn will manage those ventures.
- Gemini is more likely to start arguments; Capricorn is more likely to hold grudges.
- Capricorn will want a nice, steady home to sit and think and ponder, and be, and to survive; Gemini will want a nice yard to plant flowers and have a place to be enlightened.
- Gemini is a nature lover; Capricorn is a survivalist.
- Gemini will appreciate that the Capricorn has an automatic understanding of what to do in hard times. Capricorn will like that Gemini is on a quest for more knowledge.
- Gemini is prone to anxiety, restless thoughts, and attention issues. Capricorn is prone to depression, lack of motivation, and procrastination.
- Gemini is complex, diverse, changing, and wild. Capricorn is sturdy, sharp, constant, and unyielding.
- Gemini and Capricorn are both a jack of all trades. They would have a diverse home of talents and interests. Gemini naturally wants to know many things to better understand the world. Capricorn wants to survive, so they know plenty of things to stay afloat.
- Neither personality is very sentimental nor emotional. It will take extra work to be vulnerable with each other and create intimacy.
Gemini and Capricorn can use each other to create a path to success and survival. The two do make a strong pair, but it can take some extra work to feel romantic. Gemini has a bit more range to their flirtatious ways. Capricorn is much more interested in what is necessary and not the frivolous.
These two signs have different ways of approaching spirituality. Gemini needs something that is lighthearted, funny, and carefree. Organized religion is often too serious and threatening.
The Gemini will likely have a rebellious adolescent streak. They don’t like being told what to do, controlled, or made to feel guilty. They prefer to enjoy life, be happy, and be warm. A more positive religion or philosophy is better. They likely prefer nature.
Gemini isn’t aghast and looking for horror, like a Scorpio. Gemini wants to see the flowers, the pretty fruits, a little bit of rain, and sunshine.
Capricorn is a deeply philosophical soul. They like traditions. They like to spend lengthy amounts of time in solitude.
Capricorn whether extroverted or introverted needs solitude to grind out his thoughts. Capricorns are not keen on things that weird them out, at least not for long periods. Capricorn prefers to steady his steps, make headway on individual and group progress, and make family a priority.
Capricorn will follow the traditions and tunes of their parents and grandparents. They may abandon religion because it starts to annoy them. Gemini and Capricorn will definitely have issues one way or the other with organized religion. Gemini thinks it's too serious. Capricorn doesn't enjoy a crowd.
Capricorns don’t want to abandon those who raised them or even their ancestors. Capricorn is an old and wizened soul. Nothing really shocks them. They’re not afraid of some snow, they don’t get scared easily when things get cold and dreary, and they’re okay in a blizzard. They manage their resources extremely well, where Gemini has great ability to utilize resources.
Capricorn is into stews, bread, and ale. They like hearty foods that keep you warm and are easy to hoard.
Quick Glance at Gemini and Capricorn
May 21 — June 21
December 22nd — January 20th
Thoughts / Logic
Senses / Physical Manifestations
Leader: starts several projects but doesn't necessarily finish them, moves quickly from one thing to the next, leads by talking, leads by action, atomic bomb level creativity, visionary, and genius
Manager: does what is necessary to survive, shields off bad social connections, manages resources extremely well, lets go of unwanted resources, will finish something to survive, great at priorities, great at building a retirement fund
Part of the Body
Shoulders and Arms
Planet Led By
Quick, talkative, smart, neurotic, changing, fantastic mimic, genius, anxious, light hearted, positive, childlike
Slow, listener, survivalist, careful, unafraid, determined, cunning, hermit like, family oriented, conservative with resources and time
Anxiety, burn out, taking on too much, confused about identity, sudden outbursts, rants, swearing, general confusion
Depression, narrow-minded, inflexible, unusually quiet, neglectful, hardened heart
Communication specialist, sciences, writer, inventor, explorer, the arts, teaching, filmmaking, acting, dancing, gardener, landscaper, data processing
Teacher, cleric work, professor, outdoor recreation, fishing, oil rig work, geology, accounting, film producing, mentor, counseling
Gemini Arms and Capricorn Legs
Gemini governs the arms and shoulders while Capricorn governs the legs. In this way, these two have some similarities and can work with each other in conjunction quite well.
- Arms and shoulders are critical for several activities; they’re much more lithe than legs.
- The arms require motor finesse. They allow us to hold, pick items, and convey gestures.
Gemini itself is full of gestures. The sign tries to mimic people and has a strong desire to communicate. Gemini arms are like twins. They're expressive and have a need to pair off. This sign doesn't like to be alone. Geminis tend to couple up.
- As for legs, those limbs carry us in the direction of our liking.
- Steady legs make for strong hips, which can keep someone alive longer.
- Legs can take us into battle, into homes, romantic settings, or out of danger.
- Legs let us run, but they're not as expressive or communicative as arms.
Capricorn is stout, thick, and constantly on the move. Gemini is lithe, flexible, and ever communicating. Both sets are extremely important to furthering the mind and the body’s ability to travel the planet.
Arms and legs are not as critical as organs, they can be replaced with prosthetics or wheelchairs — but those items represent the same kind of spirit.
Gemini and Capricorn are not easily broken or destroyed for they can manifest in other ways to continue the human spirit. Gemini refuses to let the world dampen its beautiful and ideal garden. Capricorn refuses to let any blizzard defeat them. They will both persevere in their own right. This perseverance is what connects them.
This can be a hard couple for people to understand because they're not as emotionally or passionately intense. They connect in a more kinesthetic way, and that's not usually what governs a couple. They attract to each other by function.
If This Sign Were A...
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Leave It to Psmith
The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Parks and Rec
A Bouquet of Flowers
Tree Bark, Sweat, Meat, Vegetables
Final Fantasy Class
Summoner / Mage
Communications + Sciences
Greek Mythological Counterpart
Hermes / Janus
Field of Snow
A Floral Paradise
A Laboratory, Art Museum, or Library
Cabin in the Woods
Tips for This Couple
- Continue courting each other even after years of being together.
- Compromise is your friend. Together you can find common ground.
- Gemini is meant to thrive. Capricorn is meant to survive.
- Gemini, don't make fun of Capricorn for having an old soul. Capricorn, don't make fun of Gemini for having a youthful spirit.
- Work to be more vulnerable with each other.
- Sometimes Gemini just needs to be noisy. Sometimes Capricorn just needs to be quiet.
- Work on creative projects together. Find similar hobbies.
- Cook together. This may inspire you.
- Stay connected with close friends and family.
- Stick to routines.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2020 Andrea Lawrence