I have been studying and teaching Bible doctrine for over 48 years and the shepherding teacher for home based Churches. Sola Scriptura
Shelves Bending Under the Weight of Bibles?
First of all I am a lover of the KJV and eschew other bible versions for the following reasons:
The Cost of Blood.
- William Tyndale - completed the first English version of the Textus Receptus in 1536 after years of avoiding the inquisitors [assassins] from Rome and was executed by strangulation on October 6, 1536. The ‘Church’ then decreed a death sentence to anyone even in the possession of one of his translations. Over the following years many would be martyred by the ‘Church’ for this very crime of possession.
- John Rogers - was the first English clergyman to be executed by being burnt at the stake under the reign of Queen Elizabeth I. He is known for his work on translating what would be known as the Matthew Bible during the reign of Henry VIII. Later he compiled what is known as the first English Bible bringing upon himself a death sentence.
These are just two of the men, used by God Almighty to lay the foundation for the KJV version I now hold in my possession. This is not just a history lesson but that the KJV so many hold dear today was opposed by the Devil and his minions. Why? Because Satan knew that both the Roman and English churches were his allies in keeping the masses blind to the true Word of God. The KJV has held its ground for 410 years and has been the basis of nearly all other language translations around the world.
The Unopposed Versions
- When was the last time someone paid in blood for one of the current bible versions? Note: I do not use the term translation; the majority of these are not translations of poor Greek and Latin documents, but paraphrases of another version.
- The first attempted rewrite of the KJV was in the late 1800s and would lead to the current New World Translation espoused by the JWs. The ASV would follow shortly in the early 1900s and would be deemed to be heretical within a few years. In the late 1940s the Revised Standard Version would surface and became somewhat accepted. But again, no lasting power for it would fade in the onslaught of the NAS, NIV, etc., all of which have been revised time and time again. A lot of money is being traded hands every time a revision comes on the market … we must have the latest and hottest version.
- Churches began to lose their impact upon the American society and out of the ashes have arisen the mega churches, the prosperity gospel, prayerless schools and government, abortion, legalization of most everything wicked and the hatred of everything godly becoming mainstream.
Is all of this just a coincidence? If you believe this to be the case, I have some ocean front property for sale in Nebraska.
There is a Denomination Near You.
First of all, denominations are needed in this predominantly wicked world. Why would I make such a statement?
- Most churches proffer their doctrines as being the truth but no church is the Truth for that resides with God and His Word alone.
- Doctrines may vary greatly, many border upon heresy and some are just purely heretical, but the power lies not in their doctrines. Should they present the written Word, whether correctly or not, it is God through His Word that can touch a soul.
- No church has ever saved a soul for I distinctly remember a portion of God’s Word that long before I became a born again follower of Christ, I personally took to heart. I worked very hard at this one verse and I am where I am today because of it. Ephesians 6:1-3 It was for selfish reasons as I wanted a long life and that all would be well with me. I now realize that the Gospel was never preached at my childhood church and have since renamed it First Amalgamated Methobaptirian. It was cold and lifeless, BUT I never forgot that message.
- Not all bees or flies are attracted to the same flower, but when the Word is even just read, the power of God has been released and as Isaiah 55:11 states; ‘ … it shall accomplish that which I please …’.
- If one whose name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life is sitting in the most spiritually destitute of churches; it is God that will lead them to where the Truth is being preached.
My denomination of choice is known as a home church where believers only gather and are equipped to do the work of the Gospel.
The Unforgivable Sin
The Unforgivable Sin
I posed a question on January 22nd: what is the unforgivable sin? I also made this statement: this is a question that those who claim to be believers need to understand for themselves. I am now narrowing down the target to those who claim to be called by God to preach and teach His Word. For the general assembly it would help in discerning whether the Word was truly being presented; not concerning differences of opinion but integrity of the whole of scripture.
My Understanding of Matthew 12:31-32; Mark 3:28-30 & Luke 12:10
It is the sin of presumption concerning the Word of God, for the passages begin with all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven: but ‘ … whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.’. It is a death sentence to those who dwell among us who I believe knowingly commit this blasphemy. Why do I believe this to be true?
- Context: the Pharisees presumed and accused Jesus of speaking and acting by the power of the prince of devils, Beelzebub. The words and actions of Jesus leading up to the cross were strictly guided by the Father via the Holy Spirit; He was perfectly submitted to the will of the Father in all manners while clothed in the frailty of man.
- The religious wrongly presumed Jesus was acting upon His own volition which we know is not the truth.
- The religious crowd also presumed upon their position as being one that superseded all other doctrines and willfully conspired to put Christ to death.
- The religious crowd also falsely presumed upon the Word by adhering to the teachings of the rabbis rather than the Law and Prophets alone. They never acknowledged the Law, the Prophets and the Psalms were written by holy men as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:21
- Mark 3:30 - the Pharisees called the Holy Spirit an unclean spirit. Very bad idea.
- This opens the door to that which is strictly forbidden: the assumption of private interpretation of the Word. 2 Peter 1:20
- 1 John 5:16 - John understood that there was one sin that was unforgivable and for the believer should never pray for this individual. This obviously requires an understanding of what is truly unforgivable.
The crime has a specific description and comes with the penalty attached: Revelation 22:18-19 It is unforgivable to purposefully add or take away from the Word of God written by the Holy Spirit using holy men as His writing instruments. This is not due to misunderstanding of the Word, for one who loves God must study to show themselves approved. We are to correct our mistakes and keep pressing toward the prize set before us. True teachers called by God need to take note of James 3:1, for we know there is a ‘greater condemnation’ awaiting us.
This unforgivable sin of presumption is for money, prestige, power and has nothing to do with seeing lives being truly born again. This is truly a doctrine of the Devil and the majority of this world lay within its grasp.