Andrea has been an online writer for 8+ years. She mostly writes about dating, couples, weddings, travel, interior design, and gardening.
Sagittarius + Capricorn in Love
Sagittarius and Capricorn are neighbors in the zodiac. They understand each other in many ways. They also elude each other in many ways.
- Sagittarius’ celebratory style can sometimes frighten the conservative family-oriented Capricorn.
- Sometimes Capricorn thrives on the wild energy of Sagittarius because they want more joy in their life and more fun-loving hysterics in their family.
- Sagittarius sometimes is put off by how committed and hardworking Capricorn can be.
Sagittarius is the mutable fire sign. They’re the last sign of fall. Sagittariuses don’t fit as well with the other fire signs because of their dwindling flame. Sagittarius types fluctuate: one moment they’re a wizened sage and the next they’re an immature and impulsive 12-year-old. This switch can happen in a heartbeat. Sagittarius and Gemini are naturals at acting. Sagittarius and Gemini are in this world to play.
Capricorn is the cardinal earth sign. The goat is a hard worker, conservative, restful, and loves familial connections. Capricorn energy has wisdom to it: the sign ultimately wants to survive and for as long as possible. The earth sign knows the pains of winter’s cold. Capricorn sees the shift from holiday and festive fun in late fall to the cold, bitter reality of Aquarius. Capricorn, in many ways, represents longevity.
Differences and Similarities
Sagittarius and His Quirks
Sagittarius somewhat borrows their energy from Scorpio and Capricorn, making for a strange combination. Sagittarius and Capricorn are attracted to each other because they balance each other out. Where Capricorn gets too serious, Sagittarius lightens the mood. When Sagittarius derails into chaos, Capricorn brings them back.
Sagittarius and Capricorn are survivors. They know how to handle difficult situations. They’re both resilient. Sagittarius is more crafty than their cousins, Aries and Leo. The last fire sign of the zodiac is more wild, cunning, and curious. He isn’t as competitive or warring as Aries and Leo.
Sagittarius hides some of his fire. He disguises his element to make it easier to merge with other elements.
- Sagittarius, in many ways, acts like an air sign: they’re witty, spontaneous, unpredictable, smart, and full of words.
- Sagittarius is next to the fixed water sign, Scorpio. The fire sign understands what it is like to go through the depths of emotion. The sign can connect to water signs and understand their moods.
- Sagittarius’ wildness does come from an earth place. They want to see, experience, taste, smell, and touch everything. They don’t want to be limited to one place. Sagittarius types are often drawn to nature.
Capricorn and Her Stealth
Capricorn is aware of the harsh potential of winter: that it could literally kill everything in its path. Capricorn is always thinking ahead. She carefully considers how she sets up her home and what will help her survive.
Capricorn is someone who knows how to respond to emerging situations because she has considered various possibilities well in advance.
Capricorn is often described as a loner or hermit. She doesn’t depend on others for her own survival. She is careful about social interactions.
Sagittarius + Capricorn
Together a Sagittarius and Capricorn couple can survive through anything; their styles may clash at times, but they rejuvenate each other. When Capricorn doesn’t know how to think on her feet, Sagittarius steps in with spontaneity. When Sagittarius doesn’t know how to plan for the long term, Capricorn steps in with a vision. Sometimes you’ll have to let the other person lead.
- Sagittarius is great at improvisation, thinking on his feet, keeping the mood light, coming up with answers instinctively, reading a room, and connecting with emotions.
- Capricorn is great at long-term planning, knowing what are necessities, putting in hard work, adding structure and organization, tidying up, knowing the wise choice to make, and making tough decisions.
The Leader and the Manager
Fire Leader: Powers of Vitality
Sagittarius as a fire sign is a natural leader. This sign likes to start projects but doesn’t always finish or manage them. They leave messes and chaos wherever they go.
Sagittarius has a natural proclivity toward the mind: he will find himself attracted to the arts, languages, studying, and research. Sagittarius has a knack for painting, pottery, poetry, and anything considered intellectual.
Sagittarius is a wild horse and uses his instincts to find a suitable path. This sign doesn’t like to be tied down to anything. He is a jack of all trades; he may seek many lovers in his lifetime. Sagittarius may also shirk all lovers; this sign is one of the more single/bachelor types of the zodiac. They’re afraid of commitment.
Sagittarius doesn’t like to be defined or kept in a box: that goes against their wild nature. Sagittarius doesn’t have the ego or bravado of Aries and Leo. Instead, Sagittarius is fun and happy (Aries and Leo are more warlike).
- Aries is ruled by Mars, the warring planet. Aries acts as a warrior.
- Leo is ruled by the Sun, giving him an extra boost of ego and ambition. Leo acts as a king.
- Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter, the planet of optimism and luck. Sagittarius acts as a scholar or adventurer.
Earth Manager: Cares for Material Resources
Capricorn is a natural manager. They do not always start projects, but they do know how to manage resources. They’re great with deadlines. They can stick to a budget.
Capricorn souls often live long lives of solitude. They may take a long time before they want to settle down with someone, in part because they take commitment too seriously. They have plenty to think through before exchanging vows.
Capricorns have solid ideas; they believe in common sense. They stick to tried and true methods. They see the big picture, and they don’t like to have temporary pain if it leads to nothing.
Capricorns ask questions like:
- Where is this taking me?
- If I endure this, what will be the outcome?
- Why should I invest in this?
- Will this company survive beyond the crisis?
- Does the decision really matter or does it detract from something else?
Capricorn is a stable person, and sometimes rough around the edges. They step in when others abandon. They show love and reliability when others abandon. They do not discriminate. They bring those closer to them who they find sensible.
A Capricorn will be attracted to a Sagittarius because they amuse them. Sagittarius brings a spark into Capricorn’s world, even though they may find the Sagittarius a tad innocent and unaware. Sagittarius is silly enough to invite Death into their home to have a cup of tea with them. Capricorn worries that Sagittarius is too much of a risk-taker. (Sagittarius is the risk-taker of the zodiac, and the most likely to get into gambling.)
Key Relationship Dynamics
Capricorn will seek Sagittarius because they see the centaur as a good luck charm. Sagittarius has a certain kind of luck and dexterity that the other signs do not have. Capricorn wants that luck.
Sagittarius has the capacity to endure winter but also bring joy into it. Capricorn is amazed by how the fire sign lives, how they jump through hoops, and how they can win despite the odds.
Capricorn doesn’t follow random pursuits: they depend on hard work and clear, tangible results. Capricorn is fascinated by luck but doesn’t have a good grasp of it. Capricorn would like to invite the lucky fire sign into their home in order to create success.
A Sagittarius who doesn’t have luck on their side probably won’t last with a Capricorn. The earth sign requires steadiness and smart choices. They don’t like their world rocked too hard or having to suffer needlessly. A gambling, unpredictable Sagittarius who never brings in good results will be a person that the Capricorn avoids and resents.
Sagittarius is attracted to Capricorn because they offer stability and hospitality. In a world that’s always being turned up and changed, Sagittarius finds it comforting to turn to someone who has a better handle on practicality, even if it is at a much slower pace than Sagittarius is used to.
As the 9th and 10th signs of the zodiac, these two have seen many seasons before them. They know that the people before them did their best but failed and brought them the harsh cold reality they now endure. They unite their different views as a way to survive.
A Sagittarius and Capricorn couple is the type to face Death and beat it. If they set their minds to it, they could live for a hundred years. All they need is to study health practices and put in place good routines.
10 Tips to Make the Relationship Work
1. Both of you are programmed to survive and live long lives. Do not chastise the other person for having a different approach to how they survive. You both can have different ideas that are both right.
2. Sagittarius needs to have impulse control. Wild energy is great, but if you have no boundaries it could lead to terrible, dangerous ideas. Consult with your partner before taking action to prevent conflict.
3. Capricorn sometimes needs to compromise. Don’t get so stuck on a particular vision or item that you are unwilling to see something better.
4. Make a point to celebrate and enjoy the holidays. This is good for both of you. This allows the two of you to partake in something festive (good for the Sagittarius) and something traditional (good for the Capricorn). Don’t hate on the holidays. Take advantage of them. This will help build strong memories and a strong bond.
5. Do not dissuade each other. Be supportive first. Think before you speak. Capricorn needs to be careful to not build things up in their mind and explode. Sagittarius needs to pump the brakes before saying something too sarcastic.
6. Work together on projects you love and enjoy. You could build a beautiful home together that other people will want to visit.
7. Find humor on a daily basis. You are partly attracted to each other because of humor.
8. Clean your home instead of arguing with each other. Sagittarius creates a lot of messes and Capricorn can be a hoarder. Sagittarius needs to clean up their messes. Capricorn needs to declutter.
9. Take classes together. Grow unique relationship talents like cooking, gardening, CPR training, etc. Ideally, take something creative + practical.
10. Do not look at other couples as a guide. They have different dynamics. Understand yourselves first. Reflect.
Sagittarius and Capricorn at a Quick Glance
November 22 to December 21
December 22 to January 19
End of Fall
Beginning of Winter
Centaur / Archer
Free will, energy, movement, passion
Senses, responsibility, productivity, money
Funny, spontaneous, wild, laid-back, unpredictable, capricious, witty, and flashy.
Family-oriented, traditional, conservative, hard worker, resilient, long-term strategist, cunning, and wise.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2019 Andrea Lawrence