Andrea is a freelance writer. She writes on topics from interior design, relationships, ghosts, to anything creative. Contact her for work.
Signs a Scorpio Likes You
Everyone and their dog pretty much wonders at some point in their lives if a Scorpio has a crush on them.
What's strange is: Scorpio is actually a pretty noticeable goof when they like someone. They can only hold those private feelings for so long before they flood over. Most Scorpios will do what they can to hide those feelings and may even put some distance on you to keep it at bay.
The problem when they have feelings: they play games of hot and cold. They try to hide their feelings because they have so many of them. This gives them a mysterious persona.
Keep in mind Scorpio is the sign that rules intimacy and privacy. They hold relationships and certain aspects of it sacred. One way to know a Scorpio likes you: varying different degrees of behavior.
So I figured I would help you out with 30 signs that a Scorpio has a crush on you.
(1) It's all in the eyes. Scorpios have a gaze that's kind of unrelenting and noticeable. You'll catch them staring at you with a kind of intensity. Sometimes they stare and don't smile. Sometimes they realize they were caught and flash an absolutely insane smile. Sometimes they want you to know they're staring at you. You'll feel like you're being sized up. They'll seem pretty focused on you despite other events happening in the same room or vicinity. You may catch them staring at you and then they decide to rub your head.
(2) Scorpio is ruled by Mars. (Aries is also ruled by Mars.) Mars is a warring planet. It's full of aggression and testosterone, essentially. So you might be able to tell a Scorpio likes you if an occasion rises where different men or women are competing for your affections or attention. Scorpio will rise to the ranks of apex predators both in war and love. Scorpions are predators. They'll do what they can to block others from getting your affections. Scorpio is also desperately searching for a kind of paternal love, so they get jealous when they see you showing any token of love to someone else. If Scorpio isn't interested in you, they likely won't partake in these games nor do anything else to try and win your approval.
(3) Scorpios -- like Hades -- want to take people they have crushes on to their private lair hidden from the rest of the world -- maybe just their couch inside their apartment. Scorpios invite people to be closer to them. They want you up close so they can examine you closer. Scorpios are also possessive, so if they can have you to themselves for the evening they see that as a victory. One on one time with a Scorpio that's consistent is a sign that they favor you one way or another.
(4) Scorpios will break the touch barrier. They might hold your hand, the hugs might last a little longer than usual, or you might feel their hands lightly touch your shoulders. Scorpios are physical creatures. Again, they also are under the influence of Mars, so they're a little possessive, manipulative, and controlling. They'll come up with ways to get your attention whether subtly or in a pronounced fashion. When you have feelings for someone, that energy has to go somewhere. Watch people for odd movements like fixing their socks, combing through their hair, or other grooming tics while also having their eyes on you.
(5) Scorpios are big flirts when it comes to texting. They use phones as remotes to get you emotionally. They're looking for a way to hook, bait, and reel you into their world. Scorpios text a lot and open up that way. Here's the thing: let's say you're dating a Gemini and compare that to Scorpios. You see, Scorpio messages are fairly concise, deliberate, and often trying to reel you in with emotions. Gemini is going to write you novels that are all over the place, it's fun, it's silly, and it's a constant stream of conversation. Scorpio doesn't really want to sit and chat like an air sign. They want you. They'll cut straight to emotional phrases like: "I miss you..." "I was thinking of you..." "Do you remember that time..." "You looked really nice in that pink dress..."
(6) Scorpios have an intensity and focus unlike any others. They will put a great deal of energy into their partner or crush. A Scorpio who likes you will pay you extra attention, support, and even looks. A Scorpio may secretively give you tokens of affection so that only you know.
(7) Your friends might notice the Scorpio acting intense and comment on it. Scorpios when they really like someone stick out like a sore thumb. If your friends seem to think he or she likes you... they're probably right.
(8) If a Scorpio suddenly goes cold on you and withdraws like crazy, it probably means they did in fact have feelings for you, and now they're actively switching gears to not be interested in you. They're also curious to see if they go cold on you if you'll do something about it. Granted, once a Scorpio decides it is over... it is in fact over.
(9) Scorpios will do what they can to impress you. They see it almost like a game of capturing a prince or princess. They might drive in the middle of the night for 7 to 8 hours just to see you.
(10) A Scorpio might write a song about you, paint a portrait of you, or write a story about you. They sometimes make really big, grand gestures to win you and also show off their creative side. Scorpios are wonderfully creative. Also, if you break up or things go really sour, you might become the content of their sassy, mean, and spiteful songs. Scorpios look for muses.
(11) I don't know why, but of the men I've been around the Scorpios are the ones most likely to give me that ASMR feel. This is weird, but you'll feel a kind of pressure or release in your head like you would listening to binaural beats. I don't know of anyone else who has had this experience... but it is to say if you get that ASMR feel, then they're probably crushing on you. I don't know if it comes from an intensity on the Scorpio's part in trying to figure you out or if they just know how to make you feel.
(12) Scorpios when they have a crush will make sure things are okay for you. Maybe they'll offer you a ride home out of the blue, maybe they'll suddenly seem like they're trying to impress you more with their clothes, maybe they'll really hold onto your words and react to them sharply.
(13) A very lovely Scorpio I know, one of my favorites, decided on a limb to introduce me to his family. His parents, his brothers, all of them. Scorpios will introduce you to important people and try to make you feel at home to get you on their side. I will admit -- of the Scorpios I probably should have dated, that one ranks pretty high.
(14) They try to be a better person. Let's be honest for just a moment. Scorpios get into some pretty weird and wild stuff. They have a depth in emotion that's unmatched, and sometimes it's worrisome for them. If your Scorpio is actively trying to filter themselves and have the manners of say more so a Virgo -- then that Scorpio is crushing on you pretty hard.
(15) Scorpios have a wide range for crushes. They can love the intense, sassy, and vibrant. They can love the quiet wallflower. There is some sort of charm or intrigue that draws them to someone. They'll also become protective of this person. You'll see them fighting off your naysayers. They'll punch someone for you. They'll get angry on your behalf.
(16) Scorpio will make a point to be in your proximity. One instance: I was at a party when I was a teenager and didn't feel like I clicked with anyone. I was getting annoyed, my feelings were getting hurt. I felt like an outright outcast. Eventually, I sucked it up. I just went to the dance floor and acted like I didn't care what anyone thought of me -- and truthfully at that point, I didn't really care. Up turned a Scorpio I had been following all night and lo and behold they started dancing in my vicinity. If you show that you can take ownership of yourself and have a good, fun, and weird time -- you might synch up with a Scorpio. Don't try so hard with a Scorpio. They'll come to you when they're good and ready.
(17) Scorpio is on the hunt for passion. They want to experience everything. They want to find the deepest hum. They want to find the highest pitch. If you have some kind of emotional flavor to you that's unique, the Scorpio will keep coming back to you to try and figure it out and absorb it.
(18) Scorpio is a water based sign and can be touchy-feely. You'll notice certain things about water signs when they're flirting.
- They point their feet in your direction. They're trying to zero in on you. So look at their feet.
- They'll often face you and want to line up to you face to face rather than have their back to you.
- They'll be expressive with their hands and likely touch you.
- Also, the eyes. The eyes will be on you.
(19) Scorpios will utilize a little bit of mystery. They may appear in a disguise. They may have a love of costumes. They may try to act like some sort of character. Role playing of some kind is part of Scorpio's flirtation devices.
(20) They always pick you. No matter what group. No matter what situation. They always pick you.
(21) Kissing is a topic.
- They've on more than on one occasion tried to kiss you.
- They've talked about your lips.
- They've asked you if you're a good kisser.
- They've rambled about kissing.
- They've suggested kissing.
- They've kissed you.
(22) They DO not mention some other love interest. If your Scorpio is mentioning they have interest in someone else, you can confidently know Scorpio isn't interested in you. At least for now. A Scorpio let's people know they're in the friend zone by talking about romantic interests.
(23) You're the first person Scorpio wants to see. The Scorpio stops by your house just to see you before going to work. The Scorpio comes to an event briefly. The Scorpio chats you up. The Scorpio leaves. Goal accomplished. The Scorpio saw you.
(24) The Scorpio is sensitive and reacts to your words. Whatever you say will gain some kind of reaction out of them, watch their faces. Watch their gestures. Compare to how they interact with others.
(25) Scorpios desperately want to hear you laugh. They'll do all kinds of crazy things to try to get you to laugh, to tickle you, to figure out how to have fun with you.
(26) The Scorpio tries to impress you with cooking. Women in particular will cook a giant meal. Scorpios know the secret to getting to someone's heart is often the stomach.
(27) Scorpios have a certain energy signature when they like someone. You might see them bouncy and excited and somewhat checked out. They also could be super insecure, cold, and distant. If you're getting energy that's going back and forth on these extremes -- you have a Scorpio on a roller coaster of emotions. In part, they might not be sure how you feel. You should feel some kind of smoldering energy around you.
(28) Scorpio tries to hide its feelings. This is someone who is ultimately very private. If they're letting you know in some sort of way that they like you -- then they probably like you a lot more than you realize. They like to test people. They also will pine for someone and then show them disdain in public.
(29) Because Scorpios want to be private about their feelings, they'll likely stalk you on all sorts of social media from all sorts of locations. It won't be easy to catch them, but if you do... you should take that into consideration.
(30) Scorpios ask questions to learn about you and try to figure out how they can get around you and who is important to you. If Scorpio is asking you a lot of questions like where are you going, who are you going with, when will you be there, stuff like that -- the Scorpio is very interested in you.