More Bible Hubs
- 20 Things Christians Should Know in the Old Testament in the Bible
How is your bible knowledge? Do we really know the Word of God? Here are some things every Christian should know and need to know about in the Old Testament of the Bible.
How well are you acquainted with the New Testament? Do you know specific detail events and facts? Here are some basic facts Christians should be knowledgeable about in the New Testament of the Bible.
1. Facts about the Virgin Birth of Jesus, Mary’s angelic visitation, Three Wise men, Joseph’s angelic visitation, Facts about John’s Birth- Zacharias Prophecy, John the Baptist Birth, Purpose and ministry.
2. The Baptism of Jesus, Temptation of Jesus and Facts about Jesus Crucifixion, death, Burial and Resurrection- Jesus and Pilate, Jesus death, The empty tomb, Jesus appearing to the Disciples.
3. Specific Miracles and People Jesus healed, delivered, and raised from the dead. – the woman with the issue of blood, Jairus daughter and Lazarus raised back to life, cleansing of leper, woman bound by spirit of infirmity for eighteen years, healing of the centurion's son, a man born blind sight restored, Jesus turning water into water,feeding 5000 people with 12 loaves and two fishes and many more other great wonders.
4. Beatitudes- Matthew 5:3-11
5. Parables – Seed and sower, Parable of the Tares lost sheep, Lost coin, Prodigal Son, Wedding feast, The wise and foolish Virgins, the rich man and Lazarus, the Good Samaritan, Parable of the Great Supper and The unjust steward.
6. The Great Commission- Matthew 28:19-20- Go therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost; Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.
7. The Day of Pentecost details- Acts 2
8. Ananias and Sapphira lie and the consequences
9. Saul’s Conversion on the Road to Damascus- His call, the role of Barnabas in his life, his three missionary journeys and sufferings he had to endure, Paul in Jerusalem, Caesarea, and in Rome.
- 20 Facts Every Christian Should Know about the Gospel
The Gospels of the Bible are Matthew, Mark and Luke. Here are very important things every Christian need to know about the Gospels of the Bible.
10. Peter's Sermon, (Acts 2:14-41) and Peter's Ministry in Lydda and Joppa (Acts 9:32-43), Peter's Vision and Peter in prison.
11. Persecution of the Acts Church & apostles, death of Stephen, imprisonments
12. The Purpose and background of I &II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians.
13. Purpose of the Books of Timothy, Titus, I & II Thessalonians, Philemon, Hebrews, James, I & II Peter, I, II & III John, Jude and Revelation
14. . Endtime Events- Signs of the Coming of the Lord, Rapture, Specific details of 7 year Tribulation, Judgment of Seat of Christ (what is it), The Battle of Armageddon (Rev. 16:13-16), The Second Coming of Christ, thousand year Reign of Christ, Great White Throne Judgment (Rev. 20:10-15), New Heaven, New Earth and New Jerusalem.
15. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit- word of wisdom, word of knowledge, faith, gifts of healing, working of miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues.
16. The Works of the flesh & The Fruit of the Spirit- Works of the flesh- adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness and revellings. (Galatians 5:19-20) The fruit of the Spirit- love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance
17. The Full Armor of God- loins gird about with truth, breastplate of righteousness, feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace, shield of faith, take the helmet of salvation and the Sword of the Spirit.
18. The Role of the Bishop, Deacons, older men and women- I Timothy 3 & Titus 2
19. The Faith Chapter in Hebrews- This chapter lists all the great men and women of God throughout the Old Testament and New Testament who has endured
20. The 7 churches in Revelation, the condition of these churches and the message God had for each of these churches.- Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadephia, Laodicea.
21. Other Revelation Facts: The Seven Seals and Seven Trumpets, Seven Bowls Poured on the Earth, and their Meaning, Marriage Supper of the Lamb, Judgement of the Two Beasts, The New Heaven and Earth and New Jerusalem.
Ruth Aquila (author) on February 22, 2014:
Well, if you are reading a portion of the New Testament everyday or go to a good bible study weekly, and have a heart to study and know the Word of God, it would not seem that overwhelming. To explain all this material in one day can be. Thank you for your comment. Thanks for reading my hub.
David from Birmingham, UK on February 22, 2014:
That's a lot to be familiar with. I think most Christians would fall short, at least as far as being able to explain all this in a comprehensive manner is concerned. I know I would.
elijagod from Abuja - Nigeria on January 12, 2013:
Thanks that was a wonderful summary of the new testament !