Single White Male Looking for a Mate
Love is in the Air
Unfortunately, romantic love is at the center of American culture. Chances are, if you are not in a relationship, you're trying to get into one. Movies, songs, books, they're all about L-O-V-E love!
Some women seem to always have a guy in their lives. What's their secret?
Before I reveal the answers, try to guess the top answer.
Once you get him, here's how to keep him
Were you as shocked as I was? The poll above shows the top 10 but this blog will discuss the top 5.
- Teeth:Who knew that those expensive braces and teeth whitening could have such a return on investment? Apparently, if you don't take good care of your teeth, you might not take such good care of the rest of yourself. Plus, have you ever been near someone with perio mouth? Yuck! Perio mouth is what dental professional call rank bad breath due to periodontal disease. Bottom line: go to the dentist
- Grammar: This one is surprising to me because it's even on the list. Personally, I tend toward the grammar police side and apparently others secretly do as well! If you're one of those people who confuse their/there and your/you're and think a lot is one word, this is your warning to brush up. Here's another grammar no-no: make sure to use I/me and we/us correctly in a sentence. One should be used as a subject while the other as the object ONLY.
- Hair: We finally have justification for spending hundreds of dollars on cut, color and highlights! Apparently, men like our hair. Whether you are able to spend hundreds on it or much less than that, make sure it looks and smells good.
- Clothes: Here's another area I'm personally glad is in the top five. Some women in the past have been given a bad wrap for owning too many clothes. Men know that when we look good, we feel good! Plus, it's easier to feel sexy for them in certain clothes. Men and their clothes don't have nearly as close a relationship.
- Tattoos: Some men like them, others are turned off by them. I know that women and tattoos are still trending today. Focus on that key phrase trending today. While they might be nice today, in 20 years, that same tattoo might leave you with a huge regret. On the flip side, some guys are really into their own tattoos and like their women to feel the same. Bottom line, tattoos matter.
My favorite whitening system
Cynthia Lyerly (author) from Georgia on May 29, 2015:
We've all become so used to seeing those white, straight teeth. Guess it's when we see someone who doesn't have them, it really stands out.
Thanks for the comment!
Ariel Laur from New York on May 27, 2015:
I really never would have guessed teeth, but when I think of it it makes sense because when someone is talking we certainly notice their mouth. Very interesting!
Cynthia Lyerly (author) from Georgia on May 20, 2014:
You'll have to enlighten us :)
Ana Maria Orantes from Miami Florida on May 17, 2014:
Miss mygirlsara. I like your hub on 5 Things Single Men Look For In Women. It is good to know what men likes . It makes sense. There are other things men likes. We need to find out what it is.
Cynthia Lyerly (author) from Georgia on May 17, 2014:
Good for you! Congrats!
Beth Perry from Tennesee on May 17, 2014:
Woo-hoo, I guessed the #1!
Cynthia Lyerly (author) from Georgia on May 16, 2014:
Me either. And yellowed teeth are disgusting to look at.
brenda on May 16, 2014:
I so understand the "teeth" thing...if your teeth are gnarly I'm not leanin in to kiss that. ewwww
Cynthia Lyerly (author) from Georgia on May 28, 2013:
I find the list amazing. Glad you feel affirmed. Thanks for reading!
Carla J Swick from NW PA on May 28, 2013:
Oooo, I'm so glad I sprung the $4000 for braces!! I look at teeth a lot as well. Because we can change the 80's sweater, but much harder to change teeth : )
Amanda Jones on May 20, 2013:
First thing that catches an eye is face and a genuine smile is what attracts most people. I'm not shocked about the result, to me smile brings happiness which means that men what to be happy.
Cynthia Lyerly (author) from Georgia on April 01, 2013:
I agree...I was shocked.
Derrick Bennett on April 01, 2013:
These are important traits men see look for in a women, it really shows their level of maturity
Kari on February 07, 2013:
I would never have guessed teeth, but it makes sense. When you are attracted to someone, you look at their mouth, and the teeth are in the mouth.