Andrea writes on various topics from dating, couples, astrology, weddings, interior design, and gardens. She studied film and writing.
A sizzling, hot affair. The two are drawn to each other. Like magnets they flock into each others' arms. Scorpio's sexual vibes actually get into Aquarius giant imagination, and Scorpio finds that Aquarius has never ending allure. This is a relationship that has to unfold naturally -- you can't force this relationship, which is they key failure to most Aquarius and Scorpio combinations. Scorpio and Aquarius are not supposed to create artificial romances, nor artificial emotions, and artificial thoughts. The two want each other so bad they'll make up stuff to fill the void they seek. These two fixed signs are intrigued, both sharing components of the other. The skeleton Halloween October king wants to run with the light and princess Valentine dream. The two can't help but be attracted to each other, and it's not just about the way their bodies look side by side -- there's something here ephemeral, so don't listen to those other astrologer hacks. They're not guiding into this sweet romance that will make all your other romances look like white wallpaper. Scorpio and Aquarius a divine combination.
A Deep, Crazy Romance
The two will admit they have ESP. They have a deep connection that comes together so quick. The Scorpio is desperate to reel the Aquarius in with its usual charms, but it finds the Aquarius is immune to emotional games like he plays. But then Scorpio is massively attacked by attraction -- Aquarius is so damn calm and so mysterious -- it both scares the Scorpio and wakes them up. Only an immature Scorpio won't go into those powerful wind gusts. And Aquarius is desperate to feel reality, and being next to a Scorpio is like the imaginative dream about romance they've always wanted to see. Scorpio is like some magic spell they've been whispering about that's somehow come to life in all its fairy magic. Aquarius is secretive and so is Scorpio but the two can get it out of each other. If they stare deeply into each others' eyes they'll feel goosebumps from head to toe. Aquarius is drawn to Scorpio's touch. Aquarius feels like Scorpio is oxygen, and Scorpio's quest is to find an impossible catch -- and Aquarius when mature will only date a handful of suitors. One is ruled by the deep sea and the other heaven's winds. The two together spread water into the air? Scorpio and Aquarius are two of the most powerful zodiacs on the board. Both are excessively magical; Scorpio is a sorcerer bringing in whatever manifestation dream it desires, while Aquarius is a mind reader, a powerful empath, an healer. Together they don't just bring chemistry, but a sick amount of magic. They might not be ready for each other because when the two meet it's like the most powerful spell a wizard has in his book. The two have to be ready, mature, and take things slow to build a fire that isn't chaotic and falling all over the place. Aquarius and Scorpio crave each other before they even meet. They've been looking for each other among all the faces, and they'll get together, start talking and find something comfortable, almost like they met in another world.
A Scorpio and Aquarius relationship is one of the most powerful in astrology, and often people can't handle the heat. Scorpio needs to watch their moods and not let them slide all over the place, while Aquarius needs to step outside of its head, start dancing, feeling, and appreciating nature. The two draw out qualities in the other that they never knew they had.
Deep, Passionate Lovers
Don't take the bedsheets so quick. Part of the reason Scorpio and Aquarius romances fade like thunder after the lightning, is because astrologers don't know how to guide it. They assume the two are ravenously physically, but in order to properly handle that euphoria, they have to know each other mentally and emotionally first. Do what you can to romance each other for as long as possible before inviting the pillow monster and or 8 into your relationship.
The more you know how each other thinks, the more you daydream, the more you cry into each other's arms -- the more likely you are ready to take things to a physical level. But don't jump too quick, because that intensity will kill a budding romance. What both of these zodiacs need is trust. Scorpio is more used to its emotions being all over the place than it realizes so when someone actually appreciates its thoughts and opinions, this is a big deal. And when you can get Aquarius to cry comfortably around you, when you can get the Winter Queen to let you know their deepest secrets -- you two will have found your trust bubble. The two of you madly, deeply, need trust. You both play games to see if people are loyal -- or to see if you are loyal yourself. You doubt the existence of reality if there is no loyalty, there in no relationship. To fixed signs loyalty is not just a virtue but the zenith of reality. So climb upward to the highest version your reality can take. Trust and have faith; and when you find someone who can play to those cards, who can be open with you in a complete and whole way -- you've find your soulmate. A Scorpio and Aquarius is not a simple cutesy dance, it's a complicated, magical dance that will make you sweat just watching it. The two need to passionately love each other; they want to offer each other the world twice over and three times under.
Fighting for Love
How to make this relationship work? Just be yourselves. Don't try to muddy the waters for no reason. You need to listen to each other, stay cool, and be in consistent communication with each other. The two of you need to be out in the open with each other. You don't need lengthy, intense arguments. You need your eyeballs on each others'. You need to respect when each other craves alone time or time with other friends. Its on those times that each zodiac can pick up new pieces and bring them back to share with each other. Don't let jealously or stalking take the front wheel. Scorpio is a master at jealous, but who are we kidding? Aquarius can read your mind and follow you down to the ends of this earth. You two will always be able to find each others' wavelength in this universe. You'll love that energy so much that it'll leave a stain on your soul. Scorpio appreciates and adores Aquarius mind, and the Scorpio always wants to know more, investigating deeper, seeing Aquarius' every reaction, every talent, every crevice, every mole. Aquarius wants to know why Scorpio holds so much emotion; like a dam about to break at every turn. Aquarius loves to navigate other people's emotional waves. They want to know more about what is ticking in another when they are sad, mad, happy, loud, expressive, apathetic -- all of it. The two will do everything they can to breakdown walls, find out what's on the other side, and somehow make it even better. The two can't stop attracting each other. They have painful break ups, because it's difficult to give up something like this when it is such an addiction. Getting into a relationship like this isn't for the faint of heart -- it's for a trained heart, ready to take on the tough routines of daily life.
Common Characteristics of a Scorpio and Aquarius Romance
1. Scorpio is unsure if Aquarius is ignoring him. Scorpio will overanalyze Aquarius, Scorpio will act like he's not interested in Aquarius confusing her.
2. Aquarius will get obsessed with Scorpio, but will not openly admit it. Aquarius likes that Scorpio is inside its head so consistently since most don't make that kind of impression.
3. Aquarius will get desperate to spend time with Scorpio if they feel too distant.
4. Scorpio will compliment Aquarius on everything from his looks, to his brains, his sense of humor, the way his hands cup when he is mad.
5. Scorpio will feel something strong with Aquarius that it must investigate. It will be attracted to how difficult it is to win Aquarius over.
6. Aquarius might be annoyed by Scorpio's initial advances. The winter sign might not tell Scorpio this, and Aquarius will be caught off guard when it is attracted to Scorpio.
7. Scorpio will feel consumed by the Aquarius by a great intensity. The Scorpio may go through cycles of feeling insecure, not worthy of the Aquarius, or that the Aquarius is too strange for it, too off the wall... but the negative parts are mostly excuses.
8. Aquarius will lighten Scorpio up naturally. Aquarius by nature is calm; Scorpio is turbulent and needs something to chill its chaotic waters.
9. Aquarius will get more and more attractive as it puts more effort into its looks slowly. They'll eat better, get into exercising, and try different shades of make up. Aquarius knows that if it changes slowly it will arrive at something irresistible.
10. Scorpio won't know if Aquarius is interested in it initially. Scorpio will be frustrated by this. Scorpio will keep up with other prospects than Aquarius until something more committed has happened. Aquarius frustrates Scorpio so the fall zodiac wants to avoid obsessing over it too much.
11. Scorpio will go to the corners of the earth thinking relentlessly about Aquarius. It is trying to piece everything together. The zodiacs start to take on properties of the other -- Aquarius gets emotional by Scorpio, and Scorpio starts to use more of its powerful thinking. These two are both fantastic at reading people, and they are drawn to each other because it enhances their powers to read others. Couples become more biologically alike as they are near each other; Scorpio and Aquarius become more like each other mentally and emotionally by being with each other. That's why this combination is potent. It's all the power of emotion and thought.
12. Scorpio will be the first to make physical advances. She'll find a way to sneak in high fives, dances, hugs, and the classic stretch out your arm during a movie move.
13. Aquarius will get passionate out of nowhere and it may frighten the Scorpio... or turn them on completely. Aquarius' thoughts already are difficult to understand their origin to the outside observer, so too can be their emotions.
14. Scorpio will be incessantly close to Aquarius. They'll make the Aquarius feel like the only person in the room. Aquarius suffers when Scorpio moves past his phase. Aquarius likes the insane amount of attention, but they don't like to admit it.
15. Aquarius will start kissing quietly, and then will find a button in their mind that brings out a passion of rage. This zodiac has to be lost to their imagination.
16. Things will go very slowly. From the very beginning, the romance here will take baby steps to get where it needs. If it goes too fast... the relationship will fold. These two have to pace themselves for a healthy relationship.
17. Scorpio may flirt with others to see if it will make the Aquarius jealous. But Scorpio can't tell if Aquarius is jealous and hurt... and Aquarius thinks these innocent flirtation games with other means the Scorpio has moved on.
18. Scorpio may think the Aquarius isn't resonating as a romantic interest, but feels more like a friend.
19. Aquarius throws a curveball and does something completely exotic that has the Scorpio smitten. New tricks throw the Scorpio off.
20. Scorpio goes through a long period of being alone and Aquarius doesn't know how to read which makes her crazy. Aquarius wants to know if things are okay; they'll desperately crave reassurance. They may come off needy which pushes the Scorpio further away. Let your Aquarius into your lonely world, Scorpio.
21. Scorpio goes on a quest to become Darth Vader. Scorpio recognizes his calling as the grandchild of darkness; he seeks the help of the sith. After getting completed wrapped up in the world of the Empire, he remembers that he loves the pure, wise, uncontrollable jedi that is Aquarius. He'll sacrifice himself and crawl to a corner till the lightsaber fight is finished.
22. Aquarius takes a trip into Scorpio's mind through dreams. Aquarius is compelled by this power and is able to figure out the truth of things through dreams. Aquarius instinctively will know if Scorpio is cheating by these dreams. Aquarius will also visit Scorpio's child self in the dreams and will try to help the child find a way to healing.
23. Scorpio will emotionally combust when it has wrongly crossed Aquarius who handles things with such an intense maturity, that Scorpio falls to its knees.
24. Scorpio worries that Aquarius is too smart and might be more interested in men than can mentally keep up with her.
25. Aquarius finally lets Scorpio know more intimate parts of herself. It may let Scorpio know that it can really hit the dance floor, that she has the voice of an angel, or some huge display of creativity that the Aquarius has been somehow hiding from Scorpio all along.
26. Scorpio and Aquarius will run away from everything and go on the kind of dreamscape adventure they've been craving.
27. Scorpio will massively crave Aquarius' body. There's something about how creative Aquarius is that it philosophically comes out in a very... much... I must consume... the Aquarius... kind of way.
28. A dragon brings the two their first baby in a basket. This comes after it burnt down a village with its breath guided by the powers of Merlin himself. A witch hunt will take place to get rid of some witch that was too outspoken in the village and made too nice of brownies. She had the good cocoa powder.
© 2016 Andrea Lawrence
Queen on February 14, 2020:
I am an Aquarius woman involved with a Scorpio man for 6 years. We are both married but our relationship is so much more than physical it’s like we are everything in your article and more! It’s a crazy kind of love
Didi on February 22, 2019:
can u Talk about aqua male and Scorpio women
Andrea Lawrence (author) on January 02, 2019:
Glad to know this spoke to you.
LJ Scott from Phoenix, Az. on January 01, 2019:
Very profound,the accuracy of this piece is cosmic...recently found out my moon is in Aquarious
Rose on November 28, 2018:
Well, damn... if this isn't accurate.
I have a scorpio male in my life who fits the bill perfectly - he's been making advances on me and I've been (trying) to play hard to get, but there's something very intense about the connection. He can read me and my desires easily, and I him.
The physical attraction is so intense, sometimes it keeps me up. He'll lean over and whisper things in my ear and I will get goosebumps all over from it. I've never had such a visceral reaction to anyone's presence before, it's a little shocking...
Thanks so much for the lovely article - and your writing style is gorgeous.
Amie on November 11, 2018:
I love this article, I am a female Aquarius who is just loving my Scorpios the main three People in my life besides my children are three Scorpions My 2 BFFs Guys who have been with me since childhood and My Boyfriend who I’m crazy about we are almost 40 years old and it’s perfection I can’t even begin to describe how magnetic we are the sexual connection literally will take our breath away it’s so powerful I adore him I love him to pieces
DeeMcK on June 10, 2018:
I just loved this article because it has given me so much insight! Keep them coming. My scorpio man is so intriguing and mysterious, but I love that in him. I think we both like figuring each other out, but he is definitely hard to read at times. I am hard to handle, but he can handle me with such ease. I have never had a man like this before. I am struggling with the mood swings, because Aqua's are such optimistic people and we let nothing get us down. We do have this ESP thing going on, which has taken me for a loop. I think that connection came with the "stare" and I can now feel his emotions, which can be quite overpowering. Why do you Scorpio's hide your feelings and emotions so much? Is this a lack of trust? I am an emotional, strong-willed, independent Aqua girl, but this Scorpio man has pulled me into his world and it is amazing!!!!! I am waiting on the next chapter with this elusive man.
ScropioDude on May 20, 2018:
Your video’s don’t go along with the overall meaning in your article.
RDH on May 08, 2018:
I’m a Scorpio man (10.31.69) and she is an Aquarius (01.21.78). What you’ve written mirrors our relationship to a T! We’ve known each other for over 30 years, went our separate ways and reconnected. It just works! I’ve dated Aquas before and it ended horribly, I’m wondering if this one works due to her being in the Capricorn/Aquarius cusp?
Paol on March 02, 2018:
I love to read this article. I just met a scorpio man online and I am an aquarius woman. I never met anyone like him, he checks up on me and asks me so many questions. He is magnetizing and compliments me on everything. I can't wait till we meet, we are taking it slow because his emotional intensity does scare me a bit. Thank you so much for this article so many others just speak about how incompatible we are.
Andrea Lawrence (author) on November 16, 2017:
Scorpios and Aquarians overcome their differences frequently. Generally they need to work on communication, and know that they are coming from different spaces. The two are both creative bound, so exploring their interests can help.
Bnp on November 11, 2017:
I have been married to a Scorpio man for 17 years and I am an Aquarius. I was initially drawn to him in a way I could not explain. I could not stay away from him even if I tried.
I have never doubted his love for me and devotion to us. He studies me like a book that has all these new pages he cannot wait to read.
I can't imagine my life without this man in it. It has not been the easiest relationship to navigate as we are both so similar in a lot of ways.
He makes me angry and happy all at the same time and I always wonder what he is thinking. I am pretty confident that he is more emotional than he lets on.
I also need constant reassurance in the relationship. That is not a bad thing.
Never once in our 17 years have I ever doubted I married the best match for this Aquarius girl.
CJF from New York on November 09, 2017:
I have been reading many articles trying to understand this new relationship I am in, and yours by far is the most accurate and helpful. I read that the Aquarius woman is detached emotionally from sex, while I being a Scorpio man have strong emotions even with a simple kiss. If we get to this step in our relationship, how do we handle this incompatibility?
valerie on September 23, 2017:
i forgot to write down, that yes, you're right! i would know if my man is cheating on me, because of dreams. I know that sounds kooky but i just know things in dreams. Besides, dreams are very interesting because it isn't black and white, you can dream up lots of people but in real life, there is no cheating. it's very tricky kind of neptunian tricky i guess. i also know who is after my man, i get very jealous and possessive. he is extremely jealous and possessive too, it won't show but his actions and it's a kind of psychological struggle.
valerie on September 23, 2017:
wow it's rare to see this online for astrology cause lots of astrologers are always competitive (that's the feeling i get sometimes) over scorpio men so they write off the air sun signs, which i can understand fully but they don't fully put a disclaimer that it always depends on the charts. lol i mean i see alot of trine suns always break up too, and divorce, and never make it. So, everything should be fair in my eyes.
Andrea Lawrence (author) on September 16, 2017:
I do enjoy both the words ethereal and ephemeral. And I also like readers who are diligent enough to point this out.
Mud1117 on September 10, 2017:
Probably meant to say ethereal instead of ephemeral. Cool article
Elizabeth on September 06, 2017:
Lol this is crazy on point! Im an aquarius with a scorpio. october will be a year everything you said is exactly how i feel. Hes been playing hot and cold lately and all the attention he gave me before hes been distant which drives me insane. I do feel him coming back slowly. I do love him alot and never thought i would.
Andrea Lawrence (author) on August 06, 2017:
It's amazing to me that so many Aquarius-Scorpio types have gone through so many similar experiences. Honestly, it's the peg that makes me see astrology as viable.
Reigndrop13 on August 05, 2017:
It's funny I am an Aquarius , yet all my notable loves have been Scorpios. I actually never thought it was strange seeing as I have a packed 8th house and a Scorpio / Capricorn dominant natal chart.
AquacrushingScorp on June 12, 2017:
Not understanding the part where you said it's something ephemeral, which means short-lived.
Andrea Lawrence (author) on March 11, 2017:
Thank you! Glad it resonates.
ppp on March 09, 2017:
Brilliant! Finally someone who really understands
Andrea Lawrence (author) on February 27, 2017:
Just seeing your comment! And oh my god, I don't remember writing that.
Water Bearer on February 20, 2017:
Nice article about scorpio & aquarius match. Enjoyed reading it.
Laila Bradley on January 09, 2017:
Number 28 lol what's that about
Aquarius on January 01, 2017:
What the fuck WHAT THE FUCK AT #28 LOL I DON'T UNDERSTAND BUT I LOVE IT. I'm an Aquarius who before hasn't been able to find articles truly understanding the relationship and your articles are the shit. I have never felt understood before my Scorpio.