I have come across many single people who believe that they have no life if they are not in a romantic relationship with someone. They are only excited when a certain number of guys and girls are interested in them. They often have not learned to be happy as a single person and enjoy their single life. Here are quotes from different famous people to help singles enjoy their life, develop themselves as a person, understand what love is and what love is not, and advice in dating and relationships.
Quotes for Singles on Life
1. Every Single Person, pretty much is taught what they're supposed to do: go to school, get a job, find someone to love, get married, have kids, raise the kids and die. Nobody questions that. What if you want to do something different? ~Unknown
This is what I think about this quote. People who dare do something different than the normal life listed here is quite brave, whether it is marrying later in life than in your 20's, travelling, working in a foreign country, being career oriented, having a life focused on helping others or whatever adventures you want to pursue. It's okay to be different.
2. It's very fun to be single because you know what happens? You find yourself, you understand what it means to love yourself, instead of putting all this energy to give and trying relationship.
3. Being Single is not a time to be looking for love, use that time to work on yourself and grow as an individual.
4. You can't live your life for other people. You have to do what's right for you, even it it hurts some people you love. ~Nicholas Sparks
5. Being Single means you are taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.
6. Working long hours being single helps because your time is yours. Once you have a family, your time is not yours anymore. ~Andy Hertzfield
7. If you are not happy being single, you will never be happy in a relationship. Get your own life and love it first then share it.
8. Happiness is always a choice. You can't wait for circumstances to get better. You have to create your own good fortune, so look for ways to be happy every day.
9. Happiness is part of being whole. It means having an understanding of your identity and purpose, an established feeling of acceptance and value, and a sense of destiny, joy, and peace -- all of which produce overall well-being. It is impossible to be consistently happy without these characteristics. All people need to know who they are, why they are here, and to whom they belong. ~Michelle McKinney Hammond
10, Being Single means you are strong enough to wait for what you deserve ~Niall Horan
11. Sometimes you don't need a goal in life, you don't need to know the big picture. you just need to know what you're going to do next! ~Sophie Kinsella
12. “Is there any real purpose in being alive if all we are going to do is get up every day and live only for ourselves? Live your life to help others. Give & live selflessly.” ~Joyce Meyer
- Best Inspirational, Encouraging Songs to Boost Your Self-Esteem
This Hub offers songs of encouragement for everyone, those who need some uplifting messages in music, need to feel better about themselves and understand the great purpose they were meant to live.
- 10 Tips to Create, Discover and Understand the Unique Person You Are
What makes you unique and different from others? Discovering and knowing what makes us unique is an exciting, journey to be on. Here are some elements and factors to understand your uniqueness.
Enjoy Yourself, Know Yourself and Love Yourself
1. Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it. ~Julia Child
2. Happily Single" is recognizing that you don’t need or want to be rescued from your life by a handsome prince because your life is pretty awesome, as is.” ~Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love and a Dash of Sass
3. Love Yourself Enough to create an environment in your life that is conducive to the nourishment of your personal growth. Allow yourself to let of the people, thoughts, situations that poison your well-being. Cultivate a vibrant surrounding and commit yourself to making choices that will help you release the greatest expression of your unique beauty and purpose ~Dr. Steve Maraboli
4. Set the standard. Stop expecting others to show you love, acceptance, commitment and respect when you don't even show it to yourself ~Dr. Steve Maraboli
5. Your Life only gets better when you do, work on yourself and the rest will follow
6. Happily Single is holding out for the best and letting go of the rest. It’s saying “I will and I can” to YOURSELF before you say “I do” to someone else.”
7. One of the greatest advantages of singleness is the potential for greater focus on Christ and accomplishing work for Him.” ~Elizabeth George
8. Stay Single Until Someone actually compliments your life in a way that it makes it better to not be single. If not, it is not worth it. ~Unknown
9. Don't be afraid of being different, be afraid of being the same as everyone else.
10. Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle. ~Christian D. Larson
Quotes on Friendships/Quotes on People
1. Don't chase people. Be yourself do your own thing and work hard. The right people- the right ones who really belong in your life will come to you. And Stay." ~Will Smith
2. The Best kind of people are the ones that come into your life and make you see the sun where you once saw the clouds. The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in you too. The people that love you, simply for being you. The once in a lifetime kind of people.
3. As we grow up, we realize it is less important to have lots of friends and more important to have real ones.
4. We have to stop thinking we can get through everything alone, we need quality people in our lives to help us become people of higher quality.
5. Family and Friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness. ~John C. Maxwell
6. Being brave enough to be alone frees you up to invite people into your life because you want them and not because you need them.” ~Mandy Hale
7. The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” ~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
8. If you surround yourself with the good and righteous, they can only raise you up. If you surround yourself with the others, they will drag you down into the doldrums of mediocrity, and they will keep you there, but only as long as you permit it.” ~Mark Glamack
9. I think if I've learned anything about friendship, it's to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don't walk away, don't be distracted, don't be too busy or tired, don't take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.” ~Jon Katz
10. Close friends are truly life's treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves. With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to share our laughter and our tears. Their presence reminds us that we are never really alone.” ~Vincent van Gogh
Quotes on Love
1. Love means that you accept a person with all their failures, stupidities, ugly points and nonetheless, you see perfection in imperfection itself. ~Unknown
2. The choice to love is the choice to take initiative. It is the choice to do or say something for the other person’s benefit, something that would help make them a better person, something that would enrich their lives or make life more meaningful for them ~Gary Chapman
3. Love is built through soul to soul connection, shared values, commitment, resolving conflicts and hurts, tenderness, sacrifice, forgiveness, giving, displays of character, spiritual compatibility and sharing- things that all have something important in common: time. Love takes time. Anything short of that may be exciting, even intoxicating, but it isn’t love. ~Dr. Henry Cloud
4. Love is not simply a feeling of romantic excitement; it is more than a desire to marry a potential partner; it goes beyond intense sexual attraction; it exceeds the thrill at having "captured" a highly desirable social prize. Real Love is an expression of the deepest appreciation for another human being; it is awareness of his or her needs and longings- past, present and future. It is unselfish, giving and caring. ~James Dobson
5. “We have to allow ourselves to be loved by the people who really love us, the people who really matter. Too much of the time, we are blinded by our own pursuits of people to love us, people that don't even matter, while all that time we waste and the people who do love us have to stand on the sidewalk and watch us beg in the streets! It's time to put an end to this. It's time for us to let ourselves be loved.”
― C. Joybell C.
6. “The beginning of love is the will to let those we love be perfectly themselves, the resolution not to twist them to fit our own image. If in loving them we do not love what they are, but only their potential likeness to ourselves, then we do not love them: we only love the reflection of ourselves we find in them” ~Thomas Merton, No Man is an Island
7. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. ~The Bible, New Living Translation
8. “No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater...The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And that's the key. It's like a big pie chart, and the love in a relationship has to be the biggest piece. Love can make up for a lot.” ~Sarah Dessen, Author of This Lullaby
Quotes on Dating and Relationships
1. Learning to relate to another person in a non-self centered way is a key relationship skill. Learn how to listen, how to get to know someone and how to be interested in them as a human being. If you genuinely learn this, you will get out of your self-centered strivings in dating. ~Dr. Henry Cloud
2. A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.” ~Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love and a Dash of Sass
3. It is better to be single with high standards than in a relationship settling for less.
4. A true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other.
5. Lonely people are especially vulnerable to anyone who wants to be with them. If this is the case, you should not be dating seriously at all, for it puts you in danger of getting involved with someone to cure the loneliness. Get help for that and get plugged into a community. ~Dr. Henry Cloud
6. Breakups hurt, but losing someone who does not respect and appreciate you is actually a gain, not a loss.
7. Never invest in any kind of relationship with anyone who is not willing to work on themselves just a little every day. A person who takes no interest in any form of self-improvement, personal development or spiritual growth will also not be inclined to make much of an effort building a truly meaningful connection with you. A relationship with only one partner willing to do the work ceases to be a relationship. And as anyone who has been there will tell you - it's pointless to try and dance the tango solo.” ~Anthon St. Maarten
8. Relationships should draw you closer to Christ, not closer to sin. Don't compromise to keep anyone, God is more important. ~ChristianDating/Barnprincess.com
9. A True Relationship is someone who accepts your past, supports your present, loves you and encourages your future.
10. Problems in relationship occur because each person is concentrating on what is missing in the other person ~Wayne Dyer
Similar Helpful Hubs
- 26 Gift Ideas for Single Women
If you know some single ladies and not sure what to give them, here are gift ideas for any occasion to make her feel special and well thought of .
- 12 Early Warning Signs that a Person is Not Right For You
If you are in a relationship, starting a new relationship and want to know if this person is definitely the right one, here are things I have seen to help individuals to know if this is the one.
- The Best Seven Books for Couples: Engaged and Married
Here are some great books to help committed couples, engaged or married have a better relationship with each other, be able to communicate and understand one another.
Ruth Aquila (author) on January 11, 2016:
Thanks DDE. I appreciate your comment.
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on January 11, 2016:
Awesome! Meaningful and worthy to me.
Ruth Aquila (author) on January 10, 2016:
Thanks MsDora for your comment. I appreciate it.
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on January 10, 2016:
Number 7 in the first section and number 4 in the last are my two favorites; but they're all good. Thank you for this list of quotes.