i lived with Diabetes for the last 5 years. I am a Reverend and retired Seamstress. Love animals and gardening.
Love Can Make You Happy by Mercy
Love Is Something That You Need To Work On
Working on Love is all about making the other person happy and it says so in the song.
Remember the words in this song....
"Love will make you happy if you find someone who care to give a lifetime to you. if you found someone to love and who has the love to share."
"If you think you've found someone you'll love forevermore
Then it's worth the price you'll have to pay (pay)
To have, to hold's important when forever is the phrase
That means the love you've found is going to stay"
A good song for the two of you at your reception .
Love And Marriage by Frank Sinatra
Another Kind of Love Song About Love and Marriage.
"Love and Marriage Go Together Like A Horse And Carriage. You can't have one without the other."
Yep, that is a very true statement. Divorce should never happen if you plan for the future and do unto yourself as you will do to the other in your marriage.
Remember, LIFE, has a way of doing that to people who are married and become one.
There Is Love, The Wedding Song by Peter, Paul and Mary
Being Devoted To One Another Takes Time And Energy
Love, you say, is easy and good but does not give into the falseness of the idea that it is good all the time or you will be misleading. Some things to work on before you even think of marriage or any relationship are such as:
- Anger and if you get angry for stupid things you better fix that right off the bat; it is a self thing.
- You need a Back Bone when things go awry, and they will. Melding two people's behaviors are not easy and will start right after the Honeymoon.
- Control Issues. Yes if you are the one that needs to be in control over someone else. This, too, you should get that right before going after the one who you think that you own.
- Jealousy is a big one with the green eyes of envy and also deals with a few things listed here. So work on getting a safer prospect whom you may want to love and keep. There needs no jealousy in a marriage. No, Not one. If you really love the other person then you will let them grow and they do not need to be controlled by anyone else. That is the first step to Jealousy...control. You need to control yourself for anything to work.
- Trust is another big one to work on. If you don't love yourself how is anyone else going to love you? Never leave that to anyone else. Get that worked out before getting into a relationship.
- Importance is when you make your partner feel they are important to you. Don't hold back on this one as it will do some bad things to their self-esteem
- Take your Oath seriously and often and remember them and what you took them for in the very beginning. Yes, this is a big thing. See most men think it is all the women's fault and they are right. Believe in yourself and your marriage. People get things wrong but they do and can change too. Are you ready for the change?
- Be nice and considerate to the other person in the relationship. If they are having a time with something give them space and love them all the more when they come back to you.
- If you think your marriage needs help or you need help, find a licensed professional or a Reverend or Priest or Pastor. They will help you with everything you need.
- Keep strong and I hope it helps you two.
- Respect yourself and the other person. That is important.
- One thing that will change over time and if it happens to anyone is sickness. It may come as silence or a sound that is in the other person. Sometimes they will not be able or have the knowledge to get it out in the open. Be ready for those things. There are good things too, like getting away from it all, just you two or even just for one. It does help to clear the air and help in knowing oneself and the changes that come from just being married or together.
So get rid of the old notion of Obey and the man is greater than the woman. Obey each other not just have the woman obey you. That will not work in any relationship.
Some pointers are good here and hopefully, they will be good for both of you and all concerned.
When in those classes with the other wive's I and some of them were in it to fix their marriage and some of us did not want a divorce and said so. The Counselor did ask why were were there and we said to learn coping skills.
Strategies to Cope with Common Marriage Problems
- 1 Communicate about issues in your relationship.
- 2 Focus on one issue at a time.
- 3 Try to understand your partner's perspective.
- 4 Come up with solutions together.
- 5 Accept the things you can't change about your partner.
- 6 Forgive your partner if you can.
- 7 Divide household tasks.
Other ways to say you love them:
- Have breakfast in bed together
- Surprise your partner with small gifts
- Plan a weekend getaway trip
- Give your partner compliments
All very well and I posted similar things throughout this article.
Riding Bikes Together
Some Fun Things To Do Between You
Here is a list to choose from for getting and staying and enjoying your time together.
Ride bikes together.
Take walks through towns including your own and hold hands doing so. Pish, Posh about holding hands in public. Forget about those who think that is nonsense.
Get out on the weekends or when you both don't work and go to a simple, inexpensive restaurant or food place. Just the two of you.
Play a game between the two of you and make it fun!
A ride in your car or even in something else that is a bit different, like a bus to freshen your devotion.
Play cards! There are many games like black Jack, Hearts, Kings In The Corner, Fish, Rummy, and many more. The children and the adults loved doing this many times.
Try a board game for a different event too.
Badminton is good too!
Play ball, Volleyball, Tennis, Racquet Ball, Softball or Baseball.
Lose your cell phone or electronic devices for a day. You don't have to have them when working on your most important thing, your marriage.
There are so many things to do that both of you can do to make yourselves closer than ever. Keep it going!
Have lots of fun!
"Yes I Am Ready To Fall In Love by Barbara Mason
Are You Two Really Ready?
Are you ready to become one and compromise and talk every day to each other?
Yes, I mean talk and keep the channels open because if you keep anything from your spouse you will suffer the consequences.
Remember to compromise and understand each other. It is all a give and takes with your love and your finances and if you have children or want them that affects them as well.
Things are not your fault or their fault but the two of your weaknesses. You are one and not two single people when you tie the knot.
Be good to yourself and to your spouse. Learn the things of love and they are not all fairy tales, trouble will catch you and try it's hardest to tear you apart. Learn those skills as it is for the rest of your life.
Go ahead and do the Handfasting or get married if you think you are ready.
What Is Handfasting?
"Handfasting is an ancient Celtic ritual in which the hands are tied together to symbolize the binding of two lives. While it is most often included in Wiccan or Pagan ceremonies, it has become more mainstream and pops up in both religious and secular vows and readings."
Let no man put asunder and keep it that way. Good Luck with Life problems and if either of you needs counseling do it together. One alone is not greater than the two of you as One. Learn the coping skills for life and love and marriage and kids as it is what is called for to make a marriage work and not dissolve.
Have a Wonderful Life you two!
Oh My Goodness Some History For You!
Celtic and the Pagan Community was being pillaged by the Romans way back then but they also gave us the traditions and holidays of Christmas, Easter and much more. You can also find where they took the pagan popular people and the Catholics used them ore changed them into the Saints.
"A Catholic wedding ceremony traditionally includes a full mass and communion, all of which can take up to an hour. Some to-be-weds choose to only have a Rite of Marriage ceremony (which doesn't include a mass). It can last between 30-45 minutes."