Anamika S. Jain has been a social media consultant for six years. She has written more than 200 articles on relationships and dating.
How to know if your Husband is Having an Affair
One of the major reasons for Divorce or unhappiness in Marriage is marital infidelity. It is not a pleasant experience to know that your significant other is cheating on you. Many times letting marital boredom creeping into the marriage can ruin a relationship. However, if you are able to recognize the warning signs of an affair earlier, you may be able to save the marriage from breaking up.
There may be many reasons why men may cheat. How to know if your Husband is having an Affair? You can ask him directly, but he may not tell you the truth. There is also a good chance that if he is not having an affair he may take offense. So the best course of action is to look out for warning signals, gather proof and then confront your husband about it. Even better than that would be to make sure such a thing never happens by giving him the love and attention your spouse deserves to keep the marriage healthy and happy.
What are some signs that your husband is cheating on you? Given are 10 Signs or warning signals for those who are trying to figure out if their partner is having an affair.
10 Signs that he is Cheating on you
How to know if your husband is cheating on you? Given below are 10 Signs or warning signals for those who are trying to figure out if their partner is having an affair.
- Change is Behavior: Change in behavior of your Husband can be a major indicator that something is wrong in the relationship. If there are significant changes in your partner's behavior towards you, it can be a warning signal that your guy may be having an affair. Have your partner suddenly started buying Gifts for you or calling you often? Is he getting too many calls all of a sudden or does he stay away from home more than usual? Guilt can make Men do things which they may not be in the habit of doing normally. Sometimes the changes in behavior can be positive, while some times it can be negative like your partner ignoring or avoiding you altogether.
- Change in Spending Habits: Is your Husband spending too much money than he used to early? This can be an indication that he might be having an affair and is spending money on his girlfriend to keep her happy. Huge Credit Card Bills showing money spend on jewelry, clothes, restaurants and hotels can be the sign of him having an affair. There is a good chance that he may have even taken a loan from Bank or have borrowed funds from friends to spend on his girlfriend.
- Lack of Communication: If your Husband has suddenly started giving one line answers or avoiding your questions it is an indication that he is hiding something.
- Lack of Intimacy: Lack of intimacy or decreased interest in sex with you can be an indication that he has someone else catering to his physical needs. It is a warning sign if he acts differently while having sex with you or shows an interest in trying out new things that you have never talked about or done before.
- He is spending too much time Working: If your partner is spending a lot of time outside home by giving the excuse of work or outstation trips related to work than normal, it can be a sign of an affair. Also watch out if he is spending too much time with one specific person or texting or talking with her a lot.
- Change in Appearance: Has your Guy suddenly started taking too much care about his own appearance? Is he buying too many new clothes? Is he taking too much care about grooming and hygiene habits? These things can be an indication that he may be trying to impress someone, probably a girl friend.
- Your partner avoids being with you: Is your Husband avoiding your company even during weekends? Even when you talk about spending some time together, does he always has an excuse for avoiding it? You do not see each other as much as you used to earlier any more apart from the lack of communication between you. Even when you call the conversation is always a hurried or a short one from his side. All these are indications that he may be cheating on you.
- Your Mutual friends are avoiding you: If your Mutual friends are not seeing you as often as they used to or have started acting strange when talking to you, it can be a sign that they are hiding something. Friends would normally try to distance themselves from you than hurt you by revealing to you what they know about your husband’s affair.
- Spending too much time Outside Home: If your Man is spending too much time outside home by using the excuse of new hobbies or meeting new friends, it can be the sign of an affair.
- Your gut instinct says so: Finally, the best indicator that your Husband is having an Affair is your own gut instinct or inner voice. Majority of times it is also the most accurate sign.
There can be many reasons why men cheat on their wives. If the behavior of your Husband has drastically changed, then it could be a sign that he may be into a new relationship. However, it is best not to jump into conclusions straight away but gather more information before confronting him.
never on May 15, 2012:
i never say any women can do lovemarriage bcoz in we have 24 hour n meet in 1 hour daily b/f it is not know to each other that time only attraction.not love.pls thhis is all boy n gal read regullarly
priya on March 08, 2012:
my husband had an affair before marriage on 4th day he told me that he want to give divorce before but now he changed his mind and in the morning that gal again cald him she is also married but i dnt have trust on my husband becoz of avoiding me and daily fights what to do
ambika on February 25, 2012:
thanks for the useful tips anamika...its really very nice!!!!!
megha on February 22, 2012:
Very useful and encourage us to improve relatoinships
Kim Vaiphei on December 07, 2011:
I'm not married yet but will check it out on him sometime....!!!
curious Teenager on October 19, 2011:
Are there some men/guys out there who ACTUALLY do not cheat? because am really beginning to change my mind about ever getting married.
Anne on October 08, 2011:
Its all true! My husband started doing all the thing
stated, and as boastful as it may sound we have a very
open and good marriage but he was a wanderer before I married him and he recently met an old friend (not a previous lover) who he started to see and text all the time I could see, feel and taste his attraction towards her. We are still together, he only got as far as buying new underwear, changing his clothes more often and grooming himself more... It soon all stopped when I kicked off. Dont trust him now - he had NO valid reason
to want to stray.
Srikumar/Astrologer/Kol-2 on October 09, 2010:
In the context of astrology we have to explore the syndrom through planetary configuration alongwith remedial measures.
Cassandra Mantis from UK and Nerujenia on September 03, 2010:
It must be soul destroying after falling in love with the person and having the marriage ceremony which the the happiest day - to finally after all that - discover the partner is off banging some other person behind your back. The knowledge of it is bad enough, but the confronting of the partner and the ridiculous denials that ensue - must be cruel beyond belief. A very sobering hub
H P Roychoudhury from Guwahati, India on August 20, 2010:
It is a nice article. But she also has to think how she is behaving with her husband. Why does a man avoid his life partner, the reasons also to be sorted out? For nothing too much wrongful question might compel a man to go for a new relation or tend to addict him with a new girl. I beg excuse for reverse comment otherwise the hub is very useful and informative.
MMMoney from Where U Can Make More Money on August 10, 2010:
very nice hub good info
Elena from London, UK on August 09, 2010:
Good you shared this Anamika - Some people are so blindly in love, they don't see the signs.
Take Care. :)
jayb23 from India on August 06, 2010:
Amazing hub anamika. A must read for every woman before she gets married. Keep up the good work.
equealla from Pretoria, South Africa on August 05, 2010:
This is a good way to measure the insecurities, instead of sitting drowning yourself in self pity. People in this situation can follow the guidelines you have given, to obtain answers.
Dawn Michael from THOUSAND OAKS on August 05, 2010:
yes I would agree with you on all accounts and I like the fact that you did add in that a woman should also be aware of how she has been treating her husband. One of the most common things that a man will do as you stated is change his appearance, lose weight, dress better, smell better. Great hub
Tatjana-Mihaela from Zadar, CROATIA on August 03, 2010:
Useful tips, Anamika.
Squidbuilder from Arkansas on August 03, 2010:
Very nice tips for sure. i can see several of these being the same in a woman is cheating on her husband too. I had that problem myself and recognize several of these.
RevLady from Lantana, Florida on August 03, 2010:
I agree with Don. Cheating do not happen out of the blue. Things are not going right in the relationship that is not being dealt with that may or may not be related to sex per se.
Don Simkovich from Pasadena, CA on August 03, 2010:
I still believe that many husbands and wives avoid talking about their own sexual needs with each other. Learning to have more open communication is important.
Tracy Morrow from Cleveland, OH on August 03, 2010:
I hope I never have to worry about those signs, but they are all very correct in what to look for.