Andrea writes on various topics from dating, couples, astrology, weddings, interior design, and gardens. She studied film and writing.
When Someone Likes You More than a Friend
At some point in our magical little lives we wonder if someone we like, likes us back. With this list you might be able to figure out if your crush likes you.
When we like someone, they can become the main thought of our brain. We may find ourselves happier when around them, and sad when we can't spend time with them.
Liking someone makes us smile, laugh, and feel all the good feels.
Do They Like Me?
1. When someone likes you they tend to want to sit next to you. This give the chance to interact with you more, touch you, mimic you, and smell you. It helps them get in synch with you.
2. They like to be on your team. They make sure they're in your group.
3. When someone likes you, they may tease you. They suddenly knock something out of your hands, chase you, make little comments about the oversized purse you carry.
4. They'll compliment you.
5. On a subconscious level, he should mimic your actions. He may cross his legs when you do or drink at the same time. He may also use the same words or very similar ones.
6. Laughing. Enthusiasm is contagious and flirtatious.
7. If he touches you: hugs, a hand on the small of your back, holding hands, playing with your feet, playing with your hair, etc.
8. Jealously overtakes him when he sees you talking to another guy.
9. Random gifts. Or the classic, he'll give you his coat to wear on a cold / rainy day.
10. Random gifts. Homemade cookies and the like. She wants you to feel appreciated. She wants to feel like your needs are met.
11. He'll help you whenever there is a problem, and he'll immediately jump into action.
12. He or she may compare you to one of their parents.
13. When he asks if you like the same bands and asks if you would like to come see the band.
14. A playful and lengthy amount of texting. Do you stay up all night texting?
15. Spending time together frequently throughout the week.
16. Going with someone to a wedding as their date.
17. If he remembers something you like and buys it for you for no reason.
18. When they suddenly turn up at your job, class, or home.
19. If he or she blushes when they see you.
20. Hugs that seem longer and stronger than usual.
21. Staying together for several hours in a day.
22. Sharing each other's food.
23. When she seems to be getting prettier and prettier because she keeps wearing better clothes and does her hair more. She also smells better.
24. Their friends tell you. Their friends get awkward around you or giggly because they know about it.
25. When she doesn't like bars, rock climbing, and all the other things you do, but she does it anyway.
26. If he has several profile pictures with you and him in it.
27. If she pouts her lips when you leave because she doesn't want to miss you.
28. If he takes you out one on one.
29. If he says that he simply likes talking to you because usually his conversations don't last so long.
30. If he says that he has thought about kissing you, if he asks how do you kiss, if he tries to plant one on ya.
31. If she likes several things on your Facebook or Instagram.
32. If he sends you YouTube videos.
33. If he buys you dinner.
34. If he blatantly says you are prettier than all your friends.
35. If he walks you home, pulls out your chair, and opens doors for you.
36. He fills your tank up with gas.
37. He might serenade you or write a song about you, paint a picture of you, etc.
38. She writes notes and hides them in your lunchbox.
39. She may lean her head on you whether on your back or shoulders.
40. Lots of random smiles and checking to see if you laughed at her jokes.
41. Lots of inside jokes.
42. She might give you a handwritten letter.
43. Random competitiveness, like trying to beat you at Mario Kart.
44. She picks you to be her dance partner.
45. If you two ride in the same car, the conversation never dies.
46. He doesn't mention other girls. He gets rid of items that reference his old girlfriends.
47. He kisses your cheek goodbye.
48. If he suddenly has an urge to fix his socks.
49. If she plays with her hair incessantly.
50. If her posture is unnecessarily nice.
51. If he sends a text in the morning to see how you're doing.
52. If he wants to get to know your family.
53. If he asks lots of questions and is really interested in knowing your opinions.
54. If he drives all the way from nowhere to see you.
55. If she has a favorite song just for you.
56. If he seems to have lost his sense of reality and is smiling a lot.
57. If he seems sad when you have to say goodbye.
58. if everybody else goes into a different room, and the two of you stay somewhere and talk.
59. He asks about your goals and dreams because he wants to know if his plans align with yours.
60. She'll suddenly start following you, making more jokes, and offering you random things.
61. She won't be bothered if you touch her.
62. There will be long conversations back and forth on social media posts.
63. He'll like your Facebook profile picture.
64. He'll be really interested in trying to get you to meet his mom.
65. He'll really hope you get along with his dog.
66. He may buy you a baseball cap with a logo of his favorite sports team.
67. He might take you on a random vacation.... and pay for it.
68. If she sees you have injured yourself, she'll run to you as though she's a nurse.
69. EYE CONTACT. Lots of it.
70. Showing up at random places that they know you enjoy.
71. Reminiscing about random things the two of you have done.
72. Buying you flowers.
73. Buying you beer.
74. Preventing other guys from interacting with you.
75. Arm wrestling, thumb wars, etc.
76. Did he put on a nice shirt... just to see you? Did she start wearing sundresses all the time?
77. If he gets annoyed when you mention other guy friends.
78. If he calls you a really sweet name.
© 2014 Andrea Lawrence
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on April 05, 2018:
I can't get enough out of this to make heads or tails of anything. Sorry.
angie conklin on March 14, 2018:
one time in math class my friends were messing around saying that my crush and his friend would be a perfect gay couple(as a joke) and apprently i was doing my math work(shockingly lol) but what my friend told me was that he looked over at me and smiled so idk if that means something or not
sarahh on July 21, 2015:
Well yea he would give you a cute name for you lik boy that I like hes calling me princess and I only see him when i go to party's and we are shy at first how do I try to talk t him cuz i let him talk to me first and how do I ask him for phone number backing out and i tried to buy shoes that are tall has him because I'm. Younger than him
Ladainian on January 21, 2015:
You get a lot of respect from me for writing these helpful arsiclet.
Phoebe Pike on April 06, 2014: