Layne believes in sharing life experiences. Acceptance and surrender are two important ingredients for personal growth.
How to Tell If a Guy Likes You
Are wondering if your crush likes you back? Maybe he's been giving you signs for days, months, or weeks, but you still can't tell if he's into you? Whether he is shy or confident, obvious or secretive, here are clues that will let you know how he feels. Let's throw tradition out the window, and if you are truly sure he's into you, go ahead and give him the sign or ask him out yourself. Happy romancing!
55 Signs Your Crush Likes You Back
- He notices when you arrive or walk into a room.
- He smiles when he talks to you and glances at you a lot even if he is shy.
- You can tell he notices you or sees you when he thinks you aren’t paying attention.
- He may do the same things as you to get close to you—join a club, start an activity, read a book, or watch the same movie or Netflix series because you mentioned it.
- He sits near you or his body language is directed towards you (open arms and leaning in versus arms closed and turned away).
- He makes eye contact with you.
- He gives you gifts unexpectedly.
- He introduces you to his friends and invites you over to his house to casually meet his family.
- He has a special nickname for you.
- He may make the gesture of flirting with other females in front of you to get your attention or make you jealous.
- He is interested in the things that you take interested in—your hobbies, current events, recreational activities, and likes to ask you about them.
- He may find excuses to touch you, like giving you a hug, taking your handing, or putting his arm around you
- He makes excuses to be with you, even if he has the option of being with his friends.
- When you are around him his mood changes. He goes from being like the rest of the guys to showing you special attention.
- He defends you.
- He finds excuses to talk to you even if his questions seem straightforward (via text, IG, snapchat, or in person).
- When you get your hair cut, change your makeup, or wear something new, he notices and compliments you.
- When he sees you with other guys, he pretends like he's not upset.
- He likes your posts on Instagram or Facebook and makes comments on your tweets.
- He says he misses you when you’ve been gone for a while, either in text, via social media, or in person.
- He lets you borrow things like his jacket, and loves to meet up with you so you can return it. He may even tell you to keep it.
- He tries to make you feel better when you are feeling down.
- He shows up to your house when you are sick with soup or your favorite food.
- When you are going through a hard time, he listens to you and you feel like you can trust him.
- He makes time for you—he takes time out of his day to be present.
- He asks his friends about you so he can “figure you out.”
- If you compliment something he wears or does, he will wear it or do it more often.
- His body language suggests he is interested in you—leans in while you’re talking, faces you, leans across the table, crosses his leg towards you.
- He wants to know special things about you—your birthday, your astrological sign, your favorite food, etc.
- He tells you how much you mean to him . . . even as a “friend.” He may even say that you are his best friend—or best “female” friend.
- Every time he gets the chance he tries to outdo other men by showing you he is the best at what he does.
- He spends money on you—buys your lunch, buys your ticket to the movie, or offers to drive you.
- He shows up to important events, like your poetry reading, your co-ed sports game, or your best friend’s birthday.
- He looks out for you—if you ever feel unsafe somewhere, he make sure that he is near you watching out for you.
- He carries your purse or bag for you.
- He goes out of his way to give you special attention, more so than he does other girls.
- He reveals private things about his life and his innermost thoughts—things he doesn’t share with others.
- He trusts you to keep secrets.
- He likes to posts pictures of you or the two of you.
- Does he get nervous around you? If he stutters or loses his confidence, he may have a crush on you.
- When he makes a joke or a smart comment, he looks to see if you noticed.
- His pupils dilate when he looks at you or is talking to you.
- He asks you if you have a boyfriend or significant other.
- When you tell him stories or details about your life, he remembers EVERYTHING (your middle name, your birthday).
- He teases you in a gentle way.
- He doesn’t seem to notice or check out other girls.
- He is not on his phone when you are around.
- He looks at your face and his eyes don’t wander elsewhere.
- If he’s copying your body movements, actions, or favorite words (slang and fun sayings), he’s into you.
- He holds the door for you—chivalry is not dead!
- If he’s talking about you to other people in a kind way and you catch wind of it, he’s likely into you.
- He starts to like the same music as you.
- He lets you into his world—if he’s having a bad day or sad, he’s not afraid to tell you.
- If you are absent from work, school, or an event, he asks where you are.
- He remembers your preferences—like the fact you don't like onions or have a food allergy, he's into you.
Should I Let Him Know I Like Him Too?
If you're noticed many of these signs in your crush, chances are he's into you, too. If he's single and has shown you the qualities you are looking for in a boyfriend or partner, it's likely that you both are feeling it!
The days of tradition are over . . . so if you are certain you want to give it a shot, consider letting him know or give him a sign, like a first kiss.
Signs He Likes You
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Laynie H
Aloria Lee from Columbia on March 08, 2019:
This helped somewhat but is there possibly a one that tells me how to make a guy like me?
Laynie H (author) from Bend, Oregon on January 17, 2019:
Hi Laika, just my opinion, but I definitely find it's more authentic to enter into a relationship when both individuals are psychologically, emotionally, and physically free. Otherwise, there's the risk of getting hurt. As an individual, it's nice to have the self-esteem to set boundaries. Sounds like his relationship either needs fixing or he needs to move on and focus on you. I would likely tell him your feelings but explain in order to pursue the relationship, you would only consider if he made up his mind about his current relationship. Always put yourself first!
Laika lumwengo on January 17, 2019:
This is a really good article
But i need advice, they is this guy that I recently met he showed signs of liking me and also later confessed it to me. But the problem is that he has a girlfriend who he claims does not give him attention. So should i give him a chance or what coz i kinda like him too.
Laynie H (author) from Bend, Oregon on January 15, 2019:
Hi Dora, thanks so much for the feedback. I definitely find that the attraction clues vary—what gave away attraction when I was a teen is different now that I am an adult. This too and shy people give off different clues, as do those prone to jealousy. Respect, attention to details, and being "present" with someone are huge clues (as well as eye contact and body language—nonverbal communication is a huge indicator!). I appreciate you taking the time to read this article.
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on January 15, 2019:
There are a number of young girls I know who seem to fall for anything. Wish I could make them read your article. Very practical!