StricktlyDating is an Australian writer who creates pages of original funny quotes and status updates.
Hundreds of funny, corny and lame breakup lines and things to say when you know it’s over and you want to end your relationship.
Things To Say When You Want To Break Up
- I've been getting kind of bored dating you.
- I really just want to date myself for a while.
- I feel I need some time to see if I can find someone better than you.
- I don't think I'm your type... I'm not inflatable.
- My dog doesn't approve of you, sorry we have to break up.
- I think a lump of coal has a better personality than you. So I want to break up.
- It's not me, it's you. Sorry.
- Let's just be friends.
- You deserve someone better.
- My heart's just not in it any more.
- I wanna be free.
- Can you pass me the shovel, because I'm about to try to dig myself out of this relationship!
- I'm sorry but I have a crush on your sister.
- I'm just not that into you.
- I want to date your boss.
- I want to break up, but we can still be friends.
- I want to terminate our relationship contract.
- I don't want to talk about it but I want our relationship over.
- I hope you can handle the truth, because I'm about to tell you our relationship is finnished.
- I don't like the idea of you wanting to kiss me any more.
- The more I got to know you the more I realised I didn't like you.
- I don't mean to hurt you, but staying in our relationship with hurt me more.
- I want to experiment with other people.
- You deserve someone more intelligent than me.
- I'm too busy at work to have a relationship.
- I want to date someone more mature than you.
- Someone pretty has been paying me some attention, so I want to be free pursue it further.
- Basically, I want to break up with you before I cheat on you.
- I never said I was here to stay, so now it's time for me to walk away.
- I'm not attracted to you physically.
- Don't be sad that we're through, be happy that we got out when we did.
- I just don't think you're the one to give the key to my heart.
- It's not you. It's your height.
- I want to save myself for the one I want to marry.
- I'm pregnant... You're not the dad.
- I don't want to be in this relationship. I don't want to be friends. What I'd really like is to never see you again.
- Now that I've been in a relationship with you, I've realised I don't like you. So, I want to break up.
- It's not me, it's you. So I need to break up with you.
- It's not you. It's your taste in music.
- I just want to experience the single life.
- I don't want to feel tied down any more.
- I'm confused about my sexuality.
- I'm cancelling my subscription. I'm so tired of all your issues.
- I want us to take a break. Like, forever.
- I prefer to spend time with my friends instead of you, sorry.
- I want to split up, and we are never ever getting back together.
- I think we should experience other people.
- I just cannot pretend to care any more. I want to break up.
- I've met someone else.
- You don't own enough remotes to control me. So I want to break up.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I want to break up because I never loved you.
- It's not you, it's me and my longing to be with someone else.
- I need to find myself.
- I have been feeling suffocated in our relationship, I need to break up with you so I can get some fresh air.
- I have the immediate need to remove myself from this relationship.
- I've been feeling really bored with you lately, so I want to break up.
- I can't do this any more. I want to break up.
- I met someone online and I want to pursue it.
- Just so you know I'm changing my FB status to single. Get. The. Hint?
- It's not you, it's my horrible relationship choices.
- It's not you, it's me. And your roommate.
- It's not you, you're great - for someone else.
- You're a fantastic person, but I'm looking for a different kind of fantastic.
- I just want to keep things real. I'm not into you any more.
- I'm trying to be honest here, I fell out of love with you after our date last night.
- I'm trying to close the door on this relationship. Let me out!
- I'm not over my ex and it wouldn't be fair to you if I didn't take some time to get over it.
- This is my Dear John. Bye.
- I just want to break up for a few weeks so I can go on a date with the new guy at work and see how it goes.
- I want to get back with my ex.
- I'm still in love with my ex, and my ex is still in love with me. We are getting back together.
- I don't want to hurt you, but I don't want our relationship any more.
- I'm done. This relationship is done. Good luck for your future.
- I haven't been real with you. I'm confused about my sexuality.
- I found a new interest, it's called being single, and you're about to try it too.
- I was lost when you found me and I like things better that way.
- Roses are red, violets are blue. I'd rather do anything than continue with you.
- I've been seeing someone else and they told me I had to choose.
© 2013 StrictlyQuotes
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on April 19, 2013:
Exactly that sometimes one doesn't know how to say the appropriate words, ''I need to find myself'' is one of the most popular lines thanks for this hub.
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on April 16, 2013:
Thanks for the compliment Kidscraft! And yes it is too bad for me LOL :P
kidscrafts from Ottawa, Canada on April 14, 2013:
I read several of your hubs but commented only on the taxi one.... but I love your sense of humour. And it's too bad if some those lines have been used on you!
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on April 08, 2013:
Girish puri from NCR , INDIA on April 08, 2013:
This is wonderful...God bless.
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on March 17, 2013:
Glad to give you a laugh Ms Dora! :)
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on March 16, 2013:
Corny, yes. But I think I'll like to try "I want us to take a break. Like, forever." Thanks for making me laugh.
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on March 16, 2013:
Nahhh! Some of these lame lines have unfortunately been used on me more than by me over the years! Haha.
diogenes from UK and Mexico on March 15, 2013:
Jesus, Stricty, your tough!